Jump to topic:

if another country committed USS liberty

Artur
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2015 8:46:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
what do you think USA would have done if the uss liberty was attacked by another nation instead of Israel and said "that was a mistake, we did not know that the ship belongs to the usa, we thought it is the ship of our enemies"

would the US government accept this apology and ignored the whole event just like they did to ISrael?!

share your ideas
"I'm not as soft or as generous a person as I would be if the world hadn't changed me" Bobby Fischer
Artur
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 12:08:17 PM
not long ago, about 3 years ago Syria attacked to Turkey (a nato member country) and stated that the attack was a mistake and done accidentally.

Despite it was a mistake and apology of Syria, the USA, Nato and Turkey wanted to retaliate, attack back. Russia prevented it.

So, when a country other than Israil kills a citizen of Nato member country, the usa wants to retaliate. When israel kills 34 citizen of the usa and destroys a ship, the usa tried to make people forget it.

What difference do these incidents have?
"I'm not as soft or as generous a person as I would be if the world hadn't changed me" Bobby Fischer
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 12:19:26 PM
At 4/20/2015 8:46:39 PM, Artur wrote:
what do you think USA would have done if the uss liberty was attacked by another nation instead of Israel and said "that was a mistake, we did not know that the ship belongs to the usa, we thought it is the ship of our enemies"

would the US government accept this apology and ignored the whole event just like they did to ISrael?!

share your ideas

It obviously depends on which country it was. If it was the UK, Australia or Canada, then yes. If it was Iran, China or Russia, then no.