Jump to topic:

"Taxation is theft"

debate_power
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 4:01:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
What are your thoughts on this statement?

I personally believe that taxation cannot be considered theft if the choice to pay taxes is decided without the threat of imprisonment or death, or in other words if the taxpayer can choose to leave the taxed body at any time.
You can call me Mark if you like.
Chang29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 9:44:45 PM
At 4/25/2015 4:01:46 PM, debate_power wrote:

I personally believe that taxation cannot be considered theft if the choice to pay taxes is decided without the threat of imprisonment or death, or in other words if the taxpayer can choose to leave the taxed body at any time.

You state that "taxation cannot be considered theft if the choice to pay taxes is decided without the threat of imprisonment or death", most Americans were not alive when original tax laws were voted on. Are you stating that a person should have an option to opted out of being taxed by laws prior to voting age? If so I am with you. If not, what other definition can, money transferred under the threat of force have? Forced altruism, charity by coercion, or maybe giving back with a bayonet to the back.
A free market anti-capitalist

If it can be de-centralized, it will be de-centralized.
Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2015 9:49:22 AM
At 4/25/2015 4:01:46 PM, debate_power wrote:

It strikes me as a slogan from people who would rather whine and moan over modern society's requirements upon them rather than understand history, civilization, governance, and the social contract.

They are free to remove themselves from the societal grid or kill themselves trying, but in the end, they would rather pay taxes.
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz