JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 10:19:46 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Foundations of Geopolitics:
http://en.wikipedia.org...

It is interesting to analyze the author's overall strategy. I don't think this book is taken all that seriously. I am not saying we should by any means be worried about it. I want to know what DDO thinks about the plan overall? Would it be an effective plan?
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 10:37:58 AM
No, not feasible in any modern sense (or past sense, really - since when has France not been "Atlanticist" in its outlook? It helped the US during the Revolution, ffs).

Plus, do they honestly believe the Ukrainians, Baltics, Poles and etc. want to be under their heel, or Germany's, again? Nationalism in these countries remained severely strong under communist rule - this won't solve anything.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 10:43:52 AM
In fact, this is possibly the most pitiful piece of strategic work known. It's full of contradictions, obviously leaves out certain facts and issues that could cause problems, and is full of neo-Nazi BS that apparently includes the words "Aryan race," despite Slavs never being considered "Aryan" in the Hitler-sense of the term.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 11:45:51 AM
At 8/5/2010 10:19:46 AM, JBlake wrote:

It is interesting to analyze the author's overall strategy. I don't think this book is taken all that seriously. I am not saying we should by any means be worried about it. I want to know what DDO thinks about the plan overall? Would it be an effective plan?

Wow... it sounds like a pile of crap written by an autistic 11 year old russian nationalist.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 11:50:34 AM
As stupid as it is, it has a scarily strong influence in Russia. A modern Mein kampf by the looks of it.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 11:53:03 AM
At 8/5/2010 11:50:34 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
As stupid as it is, it has a scarily strong influence in Russia. A modern Mein kampf by the looks of it.

They say it has a strong influence in Russia. That may not be true, and most likely isn't. People like tooting their own horns in the Motherland.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2010 2:17:21 AM
I think it's interesting to read, and provides an insight into the Russian mind, but the overall premise is completely flawed. I would gather that it's more a tool than anything. The question to me would be not so much what do we think of it, but what do you think the Russians think of it. The view of nationalism, or even patriotism is different than that of the rest of Europe, and how they look at their country.

It seems to not really capture the dynamics that are taking place now within the EU, and is a little anachronistic in its view of Europe in general. On the other hand there are some truths that the premise is counting on to provide credibility. I haven't heard the word Finlandization in a long long time.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2015 5:39:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/5/2010 10:19:46 AM, JBlake wrote:

cool