Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

Ethics

sadolite
Posts: 8,837
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 2:43:26 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Eh Am I the only one who who thinks that the Federal Ethics Commission in charge of investigating Charlie Rangel and Maxine Waters is a contradiction in terms. The Ethics Committee is suppose to determine ethics violations and report them to federal law enforcement agencies for prosecution. It is not the ethics committees role to cut deals with ethics violators so they can get reduced sentences and have their violations some how made less severe. There is no ethics left in Washington. The ethics committee itself should be on trial for even considering "cutting deals" with ethics violators. I heard in the news that the democrats want Charle Rangle to "cut a deal" with the ethics commity so his case doesn't go to trial and become a distraction during the 2010 midterm elections. That sounds to me like the rule of law has no meaning.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Strikeeagle84015
Posts: 867
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 8:08:40 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
My suggestion is we replace the ethics committee with the PD and the DA
: At 8/17/2010 7:17:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
Strikeeagle84015
Posts: 867
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 8:11:11 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/5/2010 8:09:53 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 8/5/2010 8:08:40 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
My suggestion is we replace the ethics committee with the PD and the DA

Police Department and District Attorney?

Yep yep
: At 8/17/2010 7:17:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
Rob1Billion
Posts: 1,338
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 9:35:16 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
There isn't anyone qualified in this country to run an ethics committee. That would be like trying to find a qualified Chemist in ancient Rome.
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 10:25:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/5/2010 8:08:40 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
PD and the DA

P. Diddy and the Department of Agriculure?
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 10:32:18 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/5/2010 9:35:16 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:
There isn't anyone qualified in this country to run an ethics committee. That would be like trying to find a qualified Chemist in ancient Rome.

Rob1Billion [97th Percentile] [Offline]
29-year old male in Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States.

Wat
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 10:33:21 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/5/2010 10:32:18 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 8/5/2010 9:35:16 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:
There isn't anyone qualified in this country to run an ethics committee. That would be like trying to find a qualified Chemist in ancient Rome.

Rob1Billion [97th Percentile] [Offline]
29-year old male in Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States.


Wat

I don't see what you're getting at.
Rob1Billion
Posts: 1,338
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 11:03:51 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/5/2010 10:25:44 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 8/5/2010 8:08:40 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
PD and the DA

P. Diddy and the Department of Agriculure?

I thought he meant the police department and donut association
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
Rob1Billion
Posts: 1,338
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 11:10:10 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/5/2010 10:33:21 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 8/5/2010 10:32:18 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 8/5/2010 9:35:16 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:
There isn't anyone qualified in this country to run an ethics committee. That would be like trying to find a qualified Chemist in ancient Rome.

Rob1Billion [97th Percentile] [Offline]
29-year old male in Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States.


Wat

I don't see what you're getting at.

He's saying a 29 year old in middle-America is not the one to be passing grand ethical judgments. The 'wat' at the end is an autistic form of the word 'what' in an attempt to show me he's coming down to my level to tell me. You've got to speak Ragnar's language sometimes.
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 11:12:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/5/2010 11:10:10 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:
At 8/5/2010 10:33:21 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 8/5/2010 10:32:18 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 8/5/2010 9:35:16 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:
There isn't anyone qualified in this country to run an ethics committee. That would be like trying to find a qualified Chemist in ancient Rome.

Rob1Billion [97th Percentile] [Offline]
29-year old male in Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States.


Wat

I don't see what you're getting at.

He's saying a 29 year old in middle-America is not the one to be passing grand ethical judgments.

Huh. I didn't think Ragnar was much of an ageist.

The 'wat' at the end is an autistic form of the word 'what' in an attempt to show me he's coming down to my level to tell me. You've got to speak Ragnar's language sometimes.

I know what wat means.
Rob1Billion
Posts: 1,338
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 11:14:22 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/5/2010 11:12:14 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 8/5/2010 11:10:10 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:
At 8/5/2010 10:33:21 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 8/5/2010 10:32:18 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 8/5/2010 9:35:16 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:
There isn't anyone qualified in this country to run an ethics committee. That would be like trying to find a qualified Chemist in ancient Rome.

Rob1Billion [97th Percentile] [Offline]
29-year old male in Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States.


Wat

I don't see what you're getting at.

He's saying a 29 year old in middle-America is not the one to be passing grand ethical judgments.

Huh. I didn't think Ragnar was much of an ageist.

Wisdom discriminates on the basis of age.

The 'wat' at the end is an autistic form of the word 'what' in an attempt to show me he's coming down to my level to tell me. You've got to speak Ragnar's language sometimes.

I know what wat means.

I'm glad to see the public education system is working so well.
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 11:19:21 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I wasn't commenting on age, that was just part of the copypasta from profile.

I was noting that Rob is, in fact, inside the United States.

And thus his argument implies his own lack of capability to run an ethics committee (since the main criteria for that are knowledge of ethics-- which are also criteria for figuring out who runs an ethics committee-- it becomes self-refuting, he has no idea what the qualifications are by his own argument.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Rob1Billion
Posts: 1,338
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 11:21:59 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/5/2010 11:19:21 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
I wasn't commenting on age, that was just part of the copypasta from profile.

I was noting that Rob is, in fact, inside the United States.

And thus his argument implies his own lack of capability to run an ethics committee (since the main criteria for that are knowledge of ethics-- which are also criteria for figuring out who runs an ethics committee-- it becomes self-refuting, he has no idea what the qualifications are by his own argument.

Oh. For a minute I even entertained the idea that you were showing me that you knew where I lived, so that I better watch what I say or else.
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 11:23:37 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
meh. Wat is a versatile word. In this case, a marker of being stricken to dumbfoundedness by irony.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2010 11:26:00 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
and "knowing where you lived" sounds more like the old Cody than Ragnar. :P
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.