the woman on the twenty dollar bill

xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2015 7:47:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Will this really do women any good?
Bills have pictures of presidents and/or founding fathers of our country. The proposed new $20 bill will have a portrait of Harriet Tubman. She will not only be the token woman she will also be the token black.
Should they put a picture of Michelle Obama there instead? at least we will know who she is?
Look they call it history, they don't call it herstory. Women have not been allowed to get the highest ranking jobs. It is not their fault that they have not been as important in American history as men. This $20 will make a visual statement which is not unlike " Hariette Tubaman ,whoever she was, did something more historic than any other woman."
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2015 7:51:07 PM
wtf
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2015 8:39:16 PM
Tubman shouldn't be on the $20, but then Jackson shouldn't be on it either. I guess I can't complain too much. I would have liked to see Frederick Douglass or Cesar Chavez though. Eisenhower would have been a good pick too.
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 1:56:14 PM
Well Jackson was a war hero and President, he evicted the Cherokee from Georgia. so maybe they should put a picture of president Woodrow Wilson's wife there. Wilson had a stroke shortly before his term was to expire and his wife acted as the president until inaugaration day.
look we put a woman on both of the dollar coins, isn't that enough?
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2015 9:30:34 PM
So we can conclude that putting a woman on a $20 BILL is a dumb idea.
They tried a woman on both of the $1 coins, it didn't work.
People who are opposed to total separation of church and state should ask to have the blessed virgin Mary be the woman. The liberals could not oppose this, because they would have to shut up or appear to be anti-woman.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 10:07:11 AM
At 5/15/2015 9:30:34 PM, xus00HAY wrote:
So we can conclude that putting a woman on a $20 BILL is a dumb idea.
They tried a woman on both of the $1 coins, it didn't work.
People who are opposed to total separation of church and state should ask to have the blessed virgin Mary be the woman. The liberals could not oppose this, because they would have to shut up or appear to be anti-woman.

The $1 coins didn't work because their were women on them, lol, they didn't work because they were never meant to replace $1 bills, which is why the bills weren't phased out.

I agree that Harriet Tubman is a weird choice. Eleanor Roosevelt is probably the most iconic historical woman in American politics, and would be far better suited.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -