Jump to topic:

George Stephanopoulos.. Why so generous

Lookingatissues
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2015 5:54:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
sotheseedsofliberty2 comments on May 15Th. 2015.. GOPUSA Blog Site ...George Stephanopoulos donated $75,000.00 Dollars to the Clinton Foundation and didn't reveal the fact until it was revealed to the public...
Now that George Stephanopoulos has issued his mea culpa what further penitence is required, should George Stephanopoulos be forgiven for his showing of affection for the Clintons by donating $75,000.00 to the Bill and Hillary Clinton favorite charity, The Clinton Foundation.
Shouldn't George Stephanopoulos be forgiven for his slight indiscretion, his all too obvious faux pas, which cast doubt about whether he was perhaps, by donating to the Clinton Foundation, attempting to buy influence with the Clintons that just might serve him well at some future date when the Clintons might be in a position to return his favors to them.
What more could be asked of George Stephanopoulos , After all didn't he say that, after thinking about how this might appear, this donating of this $75,000.00 dollars to the Clintons, he now wished that he had been more transparent and forth coming in disclosing to the public that he had lavished gifts of a monetary nature on the Clintons foundation. If only it was that easy for a person, after the public discovered their transgressions,were dismissed as if nothing unfavorery had taken place, if all a person had to do after being caught was say, I'm sorry, I,ve been a bad boy, I won't be caught doing that again and all would be forgiven and no penalty would be exacted for the person's bad behavior, If this is allowed to occur we can rest assured that everyone caught from now on will be fast to say, I've been a bad boy, I won't be caught doing that again." expecting the same forgiveness from their responsibility for their personal acts as the first person received.
Doesn't George Stephanopoulos, after being entrusted by the public to be unbias in his carrying out his duties to reveal truths while in his position in the media covering events, demanding of him a certain level of personal integrity.
In weighting the actions of George Stephanopoulos in donating money to the Clintons and not revealing this fact until it was exposed to the public show a certain arrogance that he expected special exceptions from laws that everyone else has to live by.
Maybe this is a common attitude of the wealthy and influential in our society that they can flaunt the laws with immunity that apply to the average citizens, that the countries laws don't apply to everyone living in this country .
Jeb Bush , for instance displayed such a attitude when he was referring to the illegal aliens who broke this nations laws by sneaking across the borders into this country when he said something like this," Yes, they broke this countries laws, "but,"... they did it for love".....George Stephanopoulos could have well have said the same thing in regards to his not revealing that he had contributed a large sum of money,$75,000.00 Dollars, to the Clintons, to paraphrase the about statement from Jeb Bush, Yes, I perhaps broke the law, "but" I did it for love. In judging the innocence of George Stephanopoulos donations to the clinton Foundation we have to review some of the past history of George Stephanopoulos
Was George stephanopoulos just repaying a dept for past favors received, to the Clintons for instance, ......"George Stephanopoulos and his Real Estate Deal In the AMERICAN SPECTATOR in 1994 "
***** " American Spectator: Buy George.... Is That What Top People at NationsBank Were Thinking When They Gave Clinton Aide George Stephanopoulos an Exceptional $668,000 Loan?"
"Well, the American Spectator story shed light on it. The article goes on for another 60 paragraphs to explain how it happened. But, in a nutshell, in 1994 the columnist Jack Anderson reported Stephanopoulos got this way-below-market loan rate from a bank that was owned by Hugh McColl. Hugh McColl had been called by President Clinton "the most enlightened banker in America."

"A NationsBank commercial loan officer said at the time that this loan did 'not fit our product matrix' as banks typically only offer such loans for customers with deep pockets and on a short-term adjustable rate basis. Stephanopoulos" real estate agent even said that 'nobody making $125,000 could qualify for the property without the commercial property (lease).' One former senior bank regulator told Anderson that, 'If his name were George Smith, and he didn"t work in the White House, this loan wouldn"t have gotten made.'" One can only surmise why George Stephanopoulos was soo generous with his donations to the Clintons, anybody want to venture a guess about George Stephanopoulo generosity to the Clinton's

"One NationsBank source stated that such a residential loan on mixed-use properties is such a rarity that it was not even addressed in the 'NationsBanc Mortgage Corporation"s Program Summary' or its 'Credit Policy Manual.'"
Lookingatissues
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2015 5:59:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/15/2015 5:54:39 PM, Lookingatissues wrote:
May 15Th. 2015...George Stephanopoulos donated $75,000.00 Dollars to the Clinton Foundation and didn't reveal the fact until it was revealed to the public...
Now that George Stephanopoulos has issued his mea culpa what further penitence is required, should George Stephanopoulos be forgiven for his showing of affection for the Clintons by donating $75,000.00 to the Bill and Hillary Clinton favorite charity, The Clinton Foundation.
Shouldn't George Stephanopoulos be forgiven for his slight indiscretion, his all too obvious faux pas, which cast doubt about whether he was perhaps, by donating to the Clinton Foundation, attempting to buy influence with the Clintons that just might serve him well at some future date when the Clintons might be in a position to return his favors to them.
What more could be asked of George Stephanopoulos , After all didn't he say that, after thinking about how this might appear, this donating of this $75,000.00 dollars to the Clintons, he now wished that he had been more transparent and forth coming in disclosing to the public that he had lavished gifts of a monetary nature on the Clintons foundation. If only it was that easy for a person, after the public discovered their transgressions,were dismissed as if nothing unfavorery had taken place, if all a person had to do after being caught was say, I'm sorry, I,ve been a bad boy, I won't be caught doing that again and all would be forgiven and no penalty would be exacted for the person's bad behavior, If this is allowed to occur we can rest assured that everyone caught from now on will be fast to say, I've been a bad boy, I won't be caught doing that again." expecting the same forgiveness from their responsibility for their personal acts as the first person received.
Doesn't George Stephanopoulos, after being entrusted by the public to be unbias in his carrying out his duties to reveal truths while in his position in the media covering events, demanding of him a certain level of personal integrity.
In weighting the actions of George Stephanopoulos in donating money to the Clintons and not revealing this fact until it was exposed to the public show a certain arrogance that he expected special exceptions from laws that everyone else has to live by.
Maybe this is a common attitude of the wealthy and influential in our society that they can flaunt the laws with immunity that apply to the average citizens, that the countries laws don't apply to everyone living in this country .
Jeb Bush , for instance displayed such a attitude when he was referring to the illegal aliens who broke this nations laws by sneaking across the borders into this country when he said something like this," Yes, they broke this countries laws, "but,"... they did it for love".....George Stephanopoulos could have well have said the same thing in regards to his not revealing that he had contributed a large sum of money,$75,000.00 Dollars, to the Clintons, to paraphrase the about statement from Jeb Bush, Yes, I perhaps broke the law, "but" I did it for love. In judging the innocence of George Stephanopoulos donations to the clinton Foundation we have to review some of the past history of George Stephanopoulos
Was George stephanopoulos just repaying a dept for past favors received, to the Clintons for instance, ......"George Stephanopoulos and his Real Estate Deal In the AMERICAN SPECTATOR in 1994 "
***** " American Spectator: Buy George.... Is That What Top People at NationsBank Were Thinking When They Gave Clinton Aide George Stephanopoulos an Exceptional $668,000 Loan?"
"Well, the American Spectator story shed light on it. The article goes on for another 60 paragraphs to explain how it happened. But, in a nutshell, in 1994 the columnist Jack Anderson reported Stephanopoulos got this way-below-market loan rate from a bank that was owned by Hugh McColl. Hugh McColl had been called by President Clinton "the most enlightened banker in America."

"A NationsBank commercial loan officer said at the time that this loan did 'not fit our product matrix' as banks typically only offer such loans for customers with deep pockets and on a short-term adjustable rate basis. Stephanopoulos" real estate agent even said that 'nobody making $125,000 could qualify for the property without the commercial property (lease).' One former senior bank regulator told Anderson that, 'If his name were George Smith, and he didn"t work in the White House, this loan wouldn"t have gotten made.'" One can only surmise why George Stephanopoulos was soo generous with his donations to the Clintons, anybody want to venture a guess about George Stephanopoulo generosity to the Clinton's

"One NationsBank source stated that such a residential loan on mixed-use properties is such a rarity that it was not even addressed in the 'NationsBanc Mortgage Corporation"s Program Summary' or its 'Credit Policy Manual.'"
I was going to post this subject on GOPUSA BUT decided to post it on DEBATE.org instead.