Total Posts:3|Showing Posts:1-3
Jump to topic:

Is pro-choice the opposite of pro-family.?

xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 2:17:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Was "pro-choice" was chosen to replace "pro-abortion" or did they want something like "pro-life" Is there more to "pro choice" meaning being in favor of a woman having to choose how she lives her life, not just the abortion.?
Do pro-lifers believe that if women choose to get their babies murdered, then someone else should be making choices for them?
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 4:14:04 PM
I really don't understand what you're asking. Both terms, pro-choice and pro-life emphasize what the person who holds that position emphasizes. I am against abortion's, but I recognize that this is my position and that I have no right to impose my position on others. So because I prioritize the freedom of woman and their families to decide for themselves what is best, I am pro-choice. The same argument can be made in reverse for the other side who most likely value choice but prioritize life.

It's an old misrepresentation to link being for one thing with being against another, but as long as people are dumb enough to get rallied up by it politicians will continue to exploit it.
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2015 8:50:16 PM
I am talking about the traditional American way of life.
A man and a woman would date for awhile, then she would get pregnant. It would then be time for him to step up to the plate and marry her, and show us what a good man he was.
The old way was starting a family, quite different from what today's woman would do i.e. take an abortion pill and stay in school.
There are 2 key concepts here 1.) the woman chooses whether or not she wants to live the traditional way of life. 2.) one of her choices is she has is abortion.
Feminists have taught modern women that those suburbs that couples move out to after they marry are a comfortable concentration cam, and before bring stuck with one man for the rest of her life, she should take her time and decide what to do after at least trying a same-sex relationship.