Jump to topic:

Lindsey Graham on ISIS

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2015 3:21:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At the Lincoln Day Dinner, Lindsey Graham challenged the opinion of Rand Paul - who said that the government should get warrants to arrest possible terrorists instead of illegally spying - said "If you are thinking about joining Al-Qaeda, or ISIL, anybody thinking about that? I'm not going to call a judge, I'm going to call a drone and we'll kill you."

This could be looked at in two ways, if context is not given. One would be he'll kill US citizens without due process, or he'll kill foreigners as we do now for possibly being terrorists. But given that it was in reply to Rand Paul's statement about getting warrants to arrest suspects, it is narrowed down to the former.

This is extremely frightening when you consider that some people want him to become President.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 6:44:20 PM
http://thedailyshow.cc.com...
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 7:08:37 PM
At 5/19/2015 3:21:31 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At the Lincoln Day Dinner, Lindsey Graham challenged the opinion of Rand Paul - who said that the government should get warrants to arrest possible terrorists instead of illegally spying - said "If you are thinking about joining Al-Qaeda, or ISIL, anybody thinking about that? I'm not going to call a judge, I'm going to call a drone and we'll kill you."

This could be looked at in two ways, if context is not given. One would be he'll kill US citizens without due process, or he'll kill foreigners as we do now for possibly being terrorists. But given that it was in reply to Rand Paul's statement about getting warrants to arrest suspects, it is narrowed down to the former.

This is extremely frightening when you consider that some people want him to become President.

Lindsey Ghraham is too gay to be the republican nominee.
Tsar of DDO
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 7:09:48 PM
At 5/20/2015 7:08:37 PM, YYW wrote:

Lindsey Ghraham is too gay to be the republican nominee.

lol
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 8:09:26 AM

Well, one does have to give credit Obama on the use of drones against American civilians without any type of oversight. That precedence was set in 2011 when they drone bombed Anwar al-Awlaki citing the Authorization to Use Military Force act.

Lindsy's stance is probably the majority stance in Washington, unfortunately.
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 8:17:58 AM
At 5/20/2015 6:53:54 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
There's something creepy about Lindsey Graham.

Don't worry, he won't be president.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 9:38:20 AM
At 5/20/2015 7:11:58 PM, YYW wrote:
At 5/20/2015 6:44:20 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
http://thedailyshow.cc.com...

I lol'd

Throwing the crystal decanter through a full-length mirror is where I lost it, lol.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -