Libs and Libs

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2015 8:36:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/28/2015 5:48:10 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
Do you think it is more likely in the next 20 years that liberals will embody some core libertarian values before conservatives?

Libertarians would stick with the Conservatives due to the small gov aspect and the economic freedoms. I doubt the liberals would leave the New Deal behind.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2015 8:51:15 AM
At 5/28/2015 8:36:49 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Do you think it is more likely in the next 20 years that liberals will embody some core libertarian values before conservatives?

Libertarians would stick with the Conservatives due to the small gov aspect and the economic freedoms. I doubt the liberals would leave the New Deal behind.

Thats unlikely. Conservatives are showing less capability for economic freedoms, and the social mandates drive off alot of libertarians.

Liberals seem to have a chance of loosening economic mandates as deficit spending will eventually force their hand.

Odds are in favor of the liberals.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2015 8:52:07 AM
At 5/28/2015 8:51:15 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

Thats unlikely. Conservatives are showing less capability for economic freedoms, and the social mandates drive off alot of libertarians.

Liberals seem to have a chance of loosening economic mandates as deficit spending will eventually force their hand.

I don't see the Liberals moving towards the works of that of Milton Friedman though.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2015 8:55:17 AM
At 5/28/2015 8:52:07 AM, lannan13 wrote:

I don't see the Liberals moving towards the works of that of Milton Friedman though.

That may be true, but deficit spending over the next 20 years increases the chances of loosening economic contract mandates. Hack the unions already are bargaining for minimum wage exemptions. Those guys are a huge liberal political support group.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2015 11:21:37 AM
At 5/28/2015 8:55:17 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 5/28/2015 8:52:07 AM, lannan13 wrote:

That may be true, but deficit spending over the next 20 years increases the chances of loosening economic contract mandates. Hack the unions already are bargaining for minimum wage exemptions. Those guys are a huge liberal political support group.

Pershal, the minimuim wage should be lowered if not, abolished.

Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2015 4:40:53 PM

Uh..some liberals already embrace libertarian values, my friend.

See, you can be a liberal or a conservative Libertarian. In fact, political science-wise, it is more natural for someone who has overall liberal views--especially on matters like personal liberties, and is pro choice and anti-death penalty--to BE a Libertarian; Which, in today's political landscape, usually means anyone who is against Big Government and the Nanny State.

You must remember that on the macro political spectrum, Republicans and Democrats are NOT on opposite sides of the scale, but are rather right next to each other in the Middle. On that scale, at the extreme left you would have Anarchists and on the extreme right we would see Fascists.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2015 4:42:38 PM
Oh...here's a quickie Wiki article to help explain what I said a bit more.............Hope this helps you with your Political Science understanding. Any other questions and I will be glad to answer, as I used to work in Politics and have in fact taught h.s. level Poli Sci.

http://en.wikipedia.org...
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.