Jump to topic:

Ukraine Crisis

smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 12:36:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm surprised not many other people are worried. I may be missing one, but I see two outcomes:

-Russia removes itself from the Ukraine and Putin is exposed as a whiney toddler and there's another revolution or w/e and Russia is ruined
-Russia doesn't remove itself, NATO uses nuclear tactics, Putin uses nuclear tactics:
https://www.youtube.com...

Especially with Putin who just got kicked out of any Gx meetings from now on. Also the several murders of his political opponents and his planes and submarines checking out the power of the west's military.

Preparing for war?
debate_power
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 8:31:24 PM
At 6/1/2015 12:36:56 PM, smelisox wrote:
I'm surprised not many other people are worried. I may be missing one, but I see two outcomes:

-Russia removes itself from the Ukraine and Putin is exposed as a whiney toddler and there's another revolution or w/e and Russia is ruined

Yeah, and the revolution will most likely be aimed at the leaders of Ukraine. They don't pay their troops enough, make poor decisions, and screwed over the entire country to appease Western hegemonic powers.

Putin's the whiny toddler? Then what was the point of the Western-backed revolution? The difference between taking over a country and taking over a peninsula within that country is rather... large.

Look what the little revolution accomplished. Western austerity, hyperinflation, civil war, civilian murder... yeah. Ukraine would have been better as Russia's partner. Putin is demonized for taking over Crimea (and then holding a "fake" referendum for independence), while the West backs a coup de'etat that takes over the whole damn country. No independence referendums there... and guess what? The people who want independence get their limbs blown off by the bombs of Ukrainian fighter aces.

Compare Crimea to the rest of Eastern Ukraine. Who's getting bombed in Crimea now that the evil Russians have taken over?

-Russia doesn't remove itself, NATO uses nuclear tactics, Putin uses nuclear tactics:
https://www.youtube.com...

Yeah, because nuclear war is worth it for ol' Ukraine. Not likely.

Especially with Putin who just got kicked out of any Gx meetings from now on. Also the several murders of his political opponents and his planes and submarines checking out the power of the west's military.

U.S. planes and submarines have been doing the same thing as of late, but I guess it's only bad when Russia does it, right?

And yeah, nice job murdering Nemtsov right next to the Russian seat of government, Putin, in broad daylight. I'm sure an idiot like you would order something like that, Putin, because the FSB isn't actually the descendant of the KGB, one of the most professional and notorious spy agencies in history.

Preparing for war?

Oh, the Ukrainian people will be doing that soon enough, and it'll be curtains for the upstarts.
You can call me Mark if you like.
Oreo222
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 5:45:24 PM
Why is it that people immediately jump to nukes?
"Commies in Korea! We might have to nuke them!"
"Commies in Vietnam! We might have to nuke them!"
"Al Qaida! We might have to nuke them!"
"Saddam Hussein! We might have to nuke him!"
"ISIS! We might have to nuke them!"
Can everyone just please shut up about it so we can finally get back to good ol' fashion bows and arrows?
smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2015 10:24:53 AM
M.A.D

(Your post cannot be in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. Please keep your post clean and easy to read.)