Jump to topic:

Pentagon sends live anthrax to 51 labs

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2015 12:21:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The Pentagon announced that it has mailed live anthrax to over 51 labs in 17 states and 3 foreign countries - Australia, Canada, and South Korea. Robert Work, a US defense official, said that there are probably more labs that will receive anthrax. The Pentagon maintains that this was an accident, and there is no evidence of deliberate action having taken place.

I don't really know what to make of that. How do you mail anthrax to at least 50 laboratories and 3 foreign countries without knowing what you've done? There is no way that anthrax was mailed that many times - and apparently there's more to come, without anybody noticing. And if they didn't notice, that is a sad failure on the part of the Pentagon.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2015 2:54:40 PM
At 6/4/2015 12:21:41 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
The Pentagon announced that it has mailed live anthrax to over 51 labs in 17 states and 3 foreign countries - Australia, Canada, and South Korea. Robert Work, a US defense official, said that there are probably more labs that will receive anthrax. The Pentagon maintains that this was an accident, and there is no evidence of deliberate action having taken place.

I don't really know what to make of that. How do you mail anthrax to at least 50 laboratories and 3 foreign countries without knowing what you've done? There is no way that anthrax was mailed that many times - and apparently there's more to come, without anybody noticing. And if they didn't notice, that is a sad failure on the part of the Pentagon.

1. Why does the Pentagon keep live anthrax in the first place?
2. Do they send live anthrax to labs often?
3. What were they supposed to send?
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2015 3:47:03 PM
At 6/4/2015 2:54:40 PM, dylancatlow wrote:

That's not publicly available information as far as I can tell, but probably to keep it out of reach from people.

I'd imagine not (considering the dangers of live anthrax) but that's probably something they wouldn't disclose.

I haven't seen any information of the sort - just that they accidentally mailed anthrax.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2015 4:26:59 PM

So a newer story about it I've seen said that they were stockpiling anthrax for research, and they were not killed before they were shipped to the pentagon from the US Army, and they were not checked fully before shipping them to the labs.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2015 4:29:14 PM
At 6/4/2015 4:26:59 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

So a newer story about it I've seen said that they were stockpiling anthrax for research, and they were not killed before they were shipped to the pentagon from the US Army, and they were not checked fully before shipping them to the labs.

Okay, that makes a lot more sense. It's still a very serious error.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2015 4:33:47 AM

- development of cures and preventatives or development of personal protective equipment for our troops in places whom don't have the desire to follow Geneva convention protocols. Or, for our use should we ever decide to ignore Geneva convention protocols.
I would be willing to wager the number of privately owned labs that conduct research of such a fashion for the military is quite extensive, privatization and all, what what.
... that part, good question.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
WAM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2015 4:51:41 AM
Many US troops are vaccinated against Anthrax, q fever and even smallpox. If you think logical you know why.

As to the danger, Anthrax is not contagious but can be transmitted through contact or ingestion.

And I am sure that the labs are mailing Anthrax knowingly, they like to exchange strands and all this sort of stuff..