Jump to topic:

Same sex marriage

Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2010 10:50:50 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
In 13 hours and 11 minutes, gay marriage will be allowed in California.

Sol let it be written... So let it be done.
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
Stupidape
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2017 11:32:27 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
This thread is six years old, yet I couldn't find anything in the TOS (terms of service) about resurrecting an old thread.

I think since being gay isn't a choice that gay marriages should be allowed in all fifty states.

http://www.livescience.com...
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2017 11:38:51 PM
At 1/6/2017 11:32:27 PM, Stupidape wrote:
This thread is six years old, yet I couldn't find anything in the TOS (terms of service) about resurrecting an old thread.

I think since being gay isn't a choice that gay marriages should be allowed in all fifty states.

http://www.livescience.com...

Why does it matter whether or not it is a choice?
Stupidape
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2017 12:07:58 AM
If being gay was a choice then it would be much more difficult to play the discrimination card. For example, if someone could just put a pill in their month twice a day for a couple of months and become straight people will say "why not just cure yourself?"
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2017 5:23:25 AM
OK, being gay is not a choice. Maybe YOU are not gay. But getting married is not something a gay couple has a right to. Anything you have to say about same sex marriage is a lie.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2017 3:21:34 AM
At 1/8/2017 5:23:25 AM, xus00HAY wrote:
OK, being gay is not a choice. Maybe YOU are not gay. But getting married is not something a gay couple has a right to. Anything you have to say about same sex marriage is a lie.

The supreme Court says otherwise and since the state issues marriage licenses and not God then I guess they get final say in the matter.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2017 2:11:57 PM
At 1/9/2017 3:21:34 AM, slo1 wrote:
At 1/8/2017 5:23:25 AM, xus00HAY wrote:

The supreme Court says otherwise and since the state issues marriage licenses and not God then I guess they get final say in the matter.

That's how I figure it. State marriage don't touch holy matrimony anyway. The slippery slope argument is the only half legitimate one and it's petty as the rest.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2017 8:45:10 PM
At 8/11/2010 10:50:50 PM, Freeman wrote:
In 13 hours and 11 minutes, gay marriage will be allowed in California.

Sol let it be written... So let it be done.

And then it was undone. Womp womp.
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2017 3:46:55 AM
What the supreme court says about same-sex marriage is a lie.
I think you liberals want to stop people from hating gays, using a strategy similar to what was used to stop most people from hating Blacks.
Some liars cite Loving vs Virginia and say that set a precedent for same sex marriage.
BULL**** ! That case concerns a white man marrying a black woman. This was prohibited in the south by laws that were part of their policy of segregation. This is one of many decisions the court made against segregation.
The situation with gay marriage is entirely different.
Gay people always had a right to marry as long as they married someone of the opposite sex.