Jump to topic:

Rachel Dolezal and the N.A.A.C.P.

Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2015 7:28:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Rachel Dolezal has resigned as head of the Spokane chapter of the N.A.A.C.P., probably the right thing to do under the circumstances; she can't be effective with all the focus on her rather than on the association's agenda.

I'm wondering what you think of this mess, apparently she was effective, she certainly self-identified as black, does it really matter that she is white? You can self-identify your gender now, what's so wrong about identifying with another race? No doubt it's odd, but is it wrong?
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 7:18:44 PM
At 6/15/2015 7:28:57 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
Rachel Dolezal has resigned as head of the Spokane chapter of the N.A.A.C.P., probably the right thing to do under the circumstances; she can't be effective with all the focus on her rather than on the association's agenda.

I'm wondering what you think of this mess, apparently she was effective, she certainly self-identified as black, does it really matter that she is white? You can self-identify your gender now, what's so wrong about identifying with another race? No doubt it's odd, but is it wrong?

It mattered that she lied. A lot.
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 7:23:22 PM
At 6/16/2015 7:18:44 PM, Hoppi wrote:

It mattered that she lied. A lot.

I mean that she lied a lot. It mattered a normal amount that she lied.
Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 10:39:31 AM

As far as one can tell right now, she is either a deceptive fraud or not in touch with reality. She could have chosen to lead from a position of honesty and full disclosure, but she did not. Or she needs therapy. Either factor undermines her position as a leader.

It is as if one discovered that Mrs. Doubtfire has been the president of a NOW chapter...
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
ben2974
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 11:09:55 AM

I think you can rightly guide/represent the NAACP as a white person. It's just the way she played herself that messed things up.

Black is just a color. We take for granted that a black person invariably holds characteristics of their suspected culture, but a white person can be just the same, and vice versa.
Wtnjetro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 5:50:04 PM
I'd say she has a bright future on Hillary Clinton's team. Rachel knows how to spin the truth to her advantage.
Author of the book The Vast Wastelands of Unbelief published by Tate Publishing, frequent author of articles at www.lutheranscience.org
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 6:51:12 PM
At 6/17/2015 10:39:31 AM, Fly wrote:

As far as one can tell right now, she is either a deceptive fraud or not in touch with reality. She could have chosen to lead from a position of honesty and full disclosure, but she did not. Or she needs therapy. Either factor undermines her position as a leader.

It is as if one discovered that Mrs. Doubtfire has been the president of a NOW chapter...

I saw her interview on TV, I'm thinking she needs therapy.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
jkerr3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 6:37:35 PM

Well there physical and phycological differences between men and women, so saying you feel like a woman makes sense logical. There's really no difference between black and white people so if your skill color changed you'd "feel" at least in terms of your body chemistry exactly the same. So saying you feel black doesn't really make sense. it's like saying you feel like a redhead, you'd physically feel the same regardless of if your hair is red or blonde or another color.