Islam

tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 5:24:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hello fellow DDO debaters.

I will bring you an important topic, which is Islam. As you know, in the past couple decades, the religion has received heavy criticism for being anti-peace, anti democracy, anti women, anti homophobic etc...

So, I want to ask some muslims a few questions. I'm hoping we all can have a civil discussion, and in the end respect everyone.

Questions.

1. Why do muslims criticize Western culture, yet continue to immigrate to Western countries?

2. Why do muslims say they are a religion of peace, yet many of them are homophobic?

3. Why do muslims expect Western governments do build them mosques?

4. Why do many muslims hate Jews?

5. Why don't moderate muslims do anything about preventing radical Islam from portraying their religion as evil?

6.Why do you get so angry over drawing Muhammad?

7.Why do muslims deny that terrorists do not resemble Islam, even though some of the verses in the Qu'ran can be interpreted in a violent way?
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
Welfare-Worker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 6:00:01 PM
At 6/18/2015 5:24:54 PM, tajshar2k wrote:

I will bring you an important topic, which is Islam. As you know, in the past couple decades, the religion has received heavy criticism for being anti-peace, anti democracy, anti women, anti homophobic etc...

So, I want to ask some muslims a few questions. I'm hoping we all can have a civil discussion, and in the end respect everyone.

Questions.

1. Why do muslims criticize Western culture, yet continue to immigrate to Western countries?

2. Why do muslims say they are a religion of peace, yet many of them are homophobic?

5. Why don't moderate muslims do anything about preventing radical Islam from portraying their religion as evil?

7.Why do muslims deny that terrorists do not resemble Islam, even though some of the verses in the Qu'ran can be interpreted in a violent way?

I am not Muslim, but as I see it is the most important part of your post is, "in the past couple of decades...".

I also noticed that in most of your questions 'Muslins' could be replaced with 'Christian', and the meaning, or intent would remain virtually unchanged, although certainly magnitude is greater with the Muslim extremists compared to Christian extremists.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 6:08:07 PM

Hi!

- The same goes for westerners who criticise muslim cultures & immigrate to muslim countries. Criticism encompasses every culture, no culture is free from it. In fact, Muslims criticise Western values & policies much more than they do their cultures. That been said, Muslims also equally praise some Western values & achievements. Not everything the West is wrong, nor is the opposite true either. The same goes for muslims or any other people. Besides, there are millions of western muslims who assimilate both western & Islamic culture.

- I'd say few among muslims aren't homophobic. This has NOTHING to do with peace!!!

- Muslim citizens expect their governments to do its duty & allow its citizens to build their own places of worship.

- They hate the zionists not the jews. If a jew defends Palestine then we love him, if a non-jew supports Zionism then we hate him.

- Are you living in Mars?! Stop invading our nations & funding tyranny & fundamentalism in our territories & we'll be fine.

- It's not about drawing The Prophet, we couldn't care less. There are many Iranian & turkish artists who portrayed the Prophet (or prophets), nobody cares! Stop making the issue about drawing!!!!!!!!! The issue is about denigrating a person sacred & dearly loved by 1.7 billion people, thereby denigrating 1/4 the human race. This is barbaric behaviour, you should be deeply ashamed of it.

7. Why do muslims deny that terrorists do not resemble Islam, even though some of the verses in the Qur'an can be interpreted in a violent way?

- Depends on what sort of Terrorism you're talking about. The US, Israel & their allies love to brand any group who are against their interests as terrorists! If you mean by Terrorists those related to al-Qaeda & ISIS & such, well, of course that doesn't resemble Islam, for Islam is against it.
- Verses in the Qur'an can be interpreted whichever way you want, that doesn't make those interpretations automatically right. There is a Science & a system of authority that governs these things.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 6:20:41 PM
At 6/18/2015 6:08:07 PM, Yassine wrote:

Hi!

- The same goes for westerners who criticise muslim cultures & immigrate to muslim countries. Criticism encompasses every culture, no culture is free from it. In fact, Muslims criticise Western values & policies much more than they do their cultures. That been said, Muslims also equally praise some Western values & achievements. Not everything the West is wrong, nor is the opposite true either. The same goes for muslims or any other people. Besides, there are millions of western muslims who assimilate both western & Islamic culture.

Equally praise Western values? Can you provide several instances of that?

- I'd say few among muslims aren't homophobic. This has NOTHING to do with peace!!!
I'm sorry, but discriminating and hating somebody because of the way they were born, isn't very peaceful in my opinion.

- Muslim citizens expect their governments to do its duty & allow its citizens to build their own places of worship.
You do realize, this isn't your country?? It our tax dollars that are being spent (at least in the U.S) to build these mosques. You have the right to pray in your own house.

- They hate the zionists not the jews. If a jew defends Palestine then we love him, if a non-jew supports Zionism then we hate him.
Fair enough.

- Are you living in Mars?! Stop invading our nations & funding tyranny & fundamentalism in our territories & we'll be fine.
You didn't answer my question... Basically what your indicating is an eye for an eye. If (according to you) the U.S is the devil, why is the religion of peace doing the exact same thing?

- It's not about drawing The Prophet, we couldn't care less. There are many Iranian & turkish artists who portrayed the Prophet (or prophets), nobody cares! Stop making the issue about drawing!!!!!!!!! The issue is about denigrating a person sacred & dearly loved by 1.7 billion people, thereby denigrating 1/4 the human race. This is barbaric behaviour, you should be deeply ashamed of it.
Freedom of Speech. Christians do not care (as much) if the Bible is burned.

7. Why do muslims deny that terrorists do not resemble Islam, even though some of the verses in the Qur'an can be interpreted in a violent way?

- Depends on what sort of Terrorism you're talking about. The US, Israel & their allies love to brand any group who are against their interests as terrorists! If you mean by Terrorists those related to al-Qaeda & ISIS & such, well, of course that doesn't resemble Islam, for Islam is against it.
- Verses in the Qur'an can be interpreted whichever way you want, that doesn't make those interpretations automatically right. There is a Science & a system of authority that governs these things.

You say Islam is against it, yet muslims haven't taken a serious approach in stopping the problem.
So, what exactly is a "right interpretation" ? Basically you're saying, if the majority agree with it, it automatically becomes right? In the 1700's the majority of people agreed slavery was justified, so I guess we should still preserve slavery eh?
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 6:35:16 PM
At 6/18/2015 6:20:41 PM, tajshar2k wrote:

Equally praise Western values? Can you provide several instances of that?

- Seriously!!!!!!!!!!! WOW! You should probably get some muslim friends.
=> Here:
* https://www.youtube.com...
=> By Sheikh Bin Bayyah one of the most renown scholars in the muslim world.

I'm sorry, but discriminating and hating somebody because of the way they were born, isn't very peaceful in my opinion.

- LoL! This is hilarious. In that case, we aren't peaceful because we don't eat pork. Lol!!!

You do realize, this isn't your country?? It our tax dollars that are being spent (at least in the U.S) to build these mosques. You have the right to pray in your own house.

- If I am a citizen, regardless if I am muslim or otherwise, I have the right to have a place of worship. & what does tax money have to do with anything!!! Besides, who do you think pays for taxes?!! CITIZENS do. LoL, you must have some serious prejudices here!!!

- They do, they just got used to it in the West, it's not shocking anymore. Do that in Africa & the Christians there will burn you along with it.

You say Islam is against it, yet muslims haven't taken a serious approach in stopping the problem.

- I've been telling you you live in Mars or something. Shut down your TV & go do some proper research, you have ill-informed.

So, what exactly is a "right interpretation" ? Basically you're saying, if the majority agree with it, it automatically becomes right? In the 1700's the majority of people agreed slavery was justified, so I guess we should still preserve slavery eh?

- No, I am saying the licensed scholars have the proper knowledge & credentials to speak about the Qur'an, the rest don't.
Current Debates:

ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 6:45:54 PM

Pontificate on this please. I've heard it said "Islam is anti-semitic" but it seems to me in the middle east they ARE semitic. If the Jews resign isreal will Muslims let them stay?

If the west stops invading and funding, will the Muslims (living in the west) re-migrate back home

Are any of the five pillars: to lack a sence of humor, irony, passion,or mischievousness, that's not very attractive or fun. Are you allowed to eat ice-cream?

Big Huge AGREED!!

Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 6:58:29 PM
At 6/18/2015 6:45:54 PM, ironslippers wrote:

Pontificate on this please. I've heard it said "Islam is anti-semitic" but it seems to me in the middle east they ARE semitic. If the Jews resign isreal will Muslims let them stay?

- Arabs & Jews are, by race, semitic people. It's kinda nonsensical to say an Arab is anti-semitic, at least in the technical sense. Also, the 'Jews' that currently live in Israel, most of them aren't native Jews, they are immigrant european jews who are in many cases not even semitic (rather Kazarians & such).
- Israel is an occupying force, founded by an occupying force (the British colonialists & the Zionists). Arabs (Muslim or Christians) in the region don't mind if Jews live with them (it's no secret they've all been living there since the beginning) they just don't like occupation.

If the west stops invading and funding, will the Muslims (living in the west) re-migrate back home

- I don't see how this is related to that!!! Immigration has causes other than Invasions, unless you're speaking about refugees.

Are any of the five pillars: to lack a sence of humor, irony, passion,or mischievousness, that's not very attractive or fun. Are you allowed to eat ice-cream?

- I am sorry I don't get what you're trying to say!!
Current Debates:

ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 7:31:42 PM
At 6/18/2015 6:58:29 PM, Yassine wrote:
At 6/18/2015 6:45:54 PM, ironslippers wrote:

- Arabs & Jews are, by race, semitic people. It's kinda nonsensical to say an Arab is anti-semitic, at least in the technical sense. Also, the 'Jews' that currently live in Israel, most of them aren't native Jews, they are immigrant european jews who are in many cases not even semitic (rather Kazarians & such).
- Israel is an occupying force, founded by an occupying force (the British colonialists & the Zionists). Arabs (Muslim or Christians) in the region don't mind if Jews live with them (it's no secret they've all been living there since the beginning) they just don't like occupation.

- I don't see how this is related to that!!! Immigration has causes other than Invasions, unless you're speaking about refugees.

Seems to me muslims all over the world would want to be closer to Mecca (that is, if Mecca really means anything to them)

- I am sorry I don't get what you're trying to say!!
Musliims take themselves to seriously... you know... a little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.
Do you have Muslim Comedians?
Conviction is cool but the are other people on this planet and much to learn from all and everyone has much to learn.

I have question about Sharia Law. How can sharia law reconcile with muhammad when his wealth and power was gifted to him by a stronger, richer, smarter older woman?
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 8:48:04 PM
At 6/18/2015 6:35:16 PM, Yassine wrote:

- LoL! This is hilarious. In that case, we aren't peaceful because we don't eat pork. Lol!!!
LOL your hilarious, you're comparing a pig to a human.

- If I am a citizen, regardless if I am muslim or otherwise, I have the right to have a place of worship. & what does tax money have to do with anything!!! Besides, who do you think pays for taxes?!! CITIZENS do. LoL, you must have some serious prejudices here!!!

If you so badly want to pray to Allah, then I suggest you collect money and build it yourself. The government doesn't need to provide places of worship. The state and church are seperate. If you don't like it, leave.

- They do, they just got used to it in the West, it's not shocking anymore. Do that in Africa & the Christians there will burn you along with it.

No, the west just realized, its pointless to lose your mind over something like god. For some reason, the religion of peace doesn't seem to understand that.

- I've been telling you you live in Mars or something. Shut down your TV & go do some proper research, you have ill-informed.

How about you show how Muslims have been stopping it? Is there a decrease in Islamic terrorism?

- No, I am saying the licensed scholars have the proper knowledge & credentials to speak about the Qur'an, the rest don't.

I guess that counts you out then.
GarlicBred24
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 8:52:16 PM

Questions.

They think the own the world.

Well, to be fair alot of Christians are too? But for a religion claiming to be the religion of peace, no.

Islamic Imperialism

Ethic war dating since the Crusades or even earlier

1: They don't care
2. As long as they aren't affected, it doesn't matter
3. Keep denying that radical Islam isn't Islam.

Brainwashed

Brianwashed
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 8:53:06 PM
At 6/18/2015 8:48:04 PM, tajshar2k wrote:

If you so badly want to pray to Allah, then I suggest you collect money and build it yourself. The government doesn't need to provide places of worship. The state and church are seperate. If you don't like it, leave.

No, the west just realized, its pointless to lose your mind over something like god. For some reason, the religion of peace doesn't seem to understand that.

How about you show how Muslims have been stopping it? Is there a decrease in Islamic terrorism?

- It's a real shame people like you represent the West in the Media. I've lived in Europe for years I've never personally met your kind.
Current Debates:

tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 8:57:42 PM
At 6/18/2015 8:53:06 PM, Yassine wrote:
At 6/18/2015 8:48:04 PM, tajshar2k wrote:

- It's a real shame people like you represent the West in the Media. I've lived in Europe for years I've never personally met your kind.

So far, you haven't given any reasonable arguments to why moderate muslims don't do anything about terrorism, why muslims demand governments to build mosques, or anything significant. Instead, you act as If I'm the one with the problem. I came here wanting to have a civil discussion, but instead you decided to be a douchebag. And FYI, I personally know muslims, but none of them are arrogant and pathetic like you are.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 9:03:31 PM
At 6/18/2015 8:57:42 PM, tajshar2k wrote:

So far, you haven't given any reasonable arguments to why moderate muslims don't do anything about terrorism, why muslims demand governments to build mosques, or anything significant. Instead, you act as If I'm the one with the problem. I came here wanting to have a civil discussion, but instead you decided to be a douchebag. And FYI, I personally know muslims, but none of them are arrogant and pathetic like you are.

- Then I suggest you go ask them. I am absolutely not interested in arguing, if you wish to ask something about Islam, then ask, & I'll be pleased to answer to the best of my ability. If you wish to argue, then I am not interested, AT ALL.
Current Debates:

tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 9:05:25 PM
At 6/18/2015 9:03:31 PM, Yassine wrote:

- Then I suggest you go ask them. I am absolutely not interested in arguing, if you wish to ask something about Islam, then ask, & I'll be pleased to answer to the best of my ability. If you wish to argue, then I am not interested, AT ALL.

I'd appreciate you answer my original questions without being sarcastic and annoying. I'd like better understanding of what muslims really think about these issues.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 9:12:46 PM
At 6/18/2015 9:05:25 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 6/18/2015 9:03:31 PM, Yassine wrote:

I'd appreciate you answer my original questions without being sarcastic and annoying. I'd like better understanding of what muslims really think about these issues.

- As I said, if you wish to understand Islam or Islam related issues, by all means, ask & I'll answer you. & the people who know me here, know that I will answer even if takes me 5000 words. However, if you want to come across as a bigot in condescension then I'll just move on.
- I'll attempt to answer the questions you asked while ignoring how condescending they sound.
Current Debates:

Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 9:20:56 PM

Hi!

An irrational fear (definition of phobia) of a certain group is not conducive to peace in the religious or societal sense.

The overreaction that so many Muslims give, as if on cue, hardly sets the example of civility.

Are there formal schools of theology for Islam? Must an imam have a formal theological education?
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 9:34:38 PM
Yassine, I'm really only interested in what you have to say about whether or not the government should be expected to build mosques for people. It's interesting, because religious places of worship have been receiving tax exemption for quite a while. In my opinion, this already is an unnecessary favor on behalf of the government. So, please just answer that one question about the GOVERNMENT being expected to build mosques, instead of people building them themselves. I'd like to hear what you have to say.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 9:35:29 PM
At 6/18/2015 8:53:06 PM, Yassine wrote:

Burn!
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 10:14:32 PM
At 6/18/2015 7:31:42 PM, ironslippers wrote:

Seems to me muslims all over the world would want to be closer to Mecca (that is, if Mecca really means anything to them)

-_-

- Muslims are people, they want to live with their families, in their countries.

Musliims take themselves to seriously... you know... a little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

- You should probably go visit some muslim country, like Morocco, or Turkey, or Malaysia or Oman or something.

Do you have Muslim Comedians?

-_-

Conviction is cool but the are other people on this planet and much to learn from all and everyone has much to learn.

- Learn about Muslims!

I have question about Sharia Law. How can sharia law reconcile with muhammad when his wealth and power was gifted to him by a stronger, richer, smarter older woman?

- You mean Khadija? She never gave the Prophet her wealth, & she died while he was in Mecca after her wealth was dissipated during the 3 year blockade of Quraysh. What does that have ANYTHING to do with Shari'a?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Current Debates:

Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 10:22:00 PM
At 6/18/2015 8:52:16 PM, GarlicBred24 wrote:

- NO!

Well, to be fair alot of Christians are too? But for a religion claiming to be the religion of peace, no.

- Hein!!

Islamic Imperialism

- Bof!

- You mean between Christians & Jews? I'd say since day one.

1. Meh.
2. Meh.
3. Meh.

Brainwashed

- Like what Fox News is doing with your brain?

Brianwashed

- Go watch some Fox News. This is too much for you.
Current Debates:

Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 10:32:47 PM
At 6/18/2015 9:20:56 PM, Fly wrote:

An irrational fear (definition of phobia) of a certain group is not conducive to peace in the religious or societal sense.

- Homophobia means prejudice against Homosexuals, it has very little to do with irrational fear, & it has nothing to do with Peace or lack thereof.

The overreaction that so many Muslims give, as if on cue, hardly sets the example of civility.

- Most muslims don't even care. Most of those that care don't react, & most of those that react are peaceful. Only a handful can turn violent, out or 1/4 of the human population, which in return are condemned by their own religion & comrades in religion, & nobody is defending murder as an act of civility.
- The sad thing, however, is the fact that westerners are eager to defend barbarism & human degradation deluding themselves into thinking it a form of civility. How ironic! :(

Are there formal schools of theology for Islam?

- Of course there are. There are several Schools of:
> Law.
> Theology.
> History.
> Hadith.
> Recitation.
> Exegesis.
> Philosophy.
> Grammar.
> Linguistics.
> Politics.
. . .

> Must an imam have a formal theological education?

- An imam as the one that leads the prayer? No. However, a scholar MUST be licensed in a formal traditional school.
Current Debates:

Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2015 12:32:40 AM

I'm curious, so i thought i'd ask you.

What does Islam do if you are Homosexual?

What does Islam do if i'd like to go to Valhalla instead of believing in one god?

What does Islam do if i want to go out with friends and have a drink?

What does Islam do if i only like to have girl "friends"? (i personally have only GF, don't hang out with much guys)

What does Islam do if i think it should be reformed and start my own chapter?

Does Islam permit men to be abusive to their wives (under what circumstances)?

What does Islam do if my sister wants to be a lawyer?

What would Islam do if i believe in a fantasy-ish paradise and i want to share it with others?

Does Islam care that i don't want their paradise? (I subscribe to a different type of paradise)

Does Islam think women are sex objects?

Thank you. None of this is meant to be offensive...i'm really curious. I personally believe "paradise" is all in the eyes of the observer, so everything is true ... it just depends on if i subscribe to it or not. I respect everyone's decision as long as it doesn't intrude on another's consent (paradise). This is why i ask these questions.
GarlicBred24
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2015 7:52:00 AM
At 6/18/2015 10:22:00 PM, Yassine wrote:

- NO!

Really, why do British muslims claim they will run Britain with Sharia Law.

- Hein!!

Islamic Imperialism

- Bof!

- You mean between Christians & Jews? I'd say since day one.

1. Meh.
2. Meh.
3. Meh.

So, you pretty much admitted it.

Brainwashed

- Like what Fox News is doing with your brain?

I don't watch Fox News

Brainwashed

- Go watch some Fox News. This is too much for you.

Don't watch fox news.
GarlicBred24
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2015 7:55:13 AM
Muslims need to get out of the Western world, if they don't agree with what we do. Thank god the U.S is more strict with combating Islam, or we would be in the same situation as Europe.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2015 8:03:37 AM

https://marnibates.files.wordpress.com...
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Welfare-Worker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2015 12:25:15 PM
Which U.S. president said these words?

"Islam is Peace" Says President
The face of terror is not the true faith of Islam. That's not what Islam is all about. Islam is peace. These terrorists don't represent peace. They represent evil and war.

When we think of Islam we think of a faith that brings comfort to a billion people around the world. Billions of people find comfort and solace and peace. And that's made brothers and sisters out of every race -- out of every race.

America counts millions of Muslims amongst our citizens, and Muslims make an incredibly valuable contribution to our country. Muslims are doctors, lawyers, law professors, members of the military, entrepreneurs, shopkeepers, moms and dads. And they need to be treated with respect. In our anger and emotion, our fellow Americans must treat each other with respect.

Women who cover their heads in this country must feel comfortable going outside their homes. Moms who wear cover must be not intimidated in America. That's not the America I know. That's not the America I value.

I've been told that some fear to leave; some don't want to go shopping for their families; some don't want to go about their ordinary daily routines because, by wearing cover, they're afraid they'll be intimidated. That should not and that will not stand in America.

Those who feel like they can intimidate our fellow citizens to take out their anger don't represent the best of America, they represent the worst of humankind, and they should be ashamed of that kind of behavior.

This is a great country. It's a great country because we share the same values of respect and dignity and human worth. And it is my honor to be meeting with leaders who feel just the same way I do. They're outraged, they're sad. They love America just as much as I do.

I want to thank you all for giving me a chance to come by. And may God bless us all.

[Spoiler alert: His brother is running for President.]
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2015 4:22:20 PM
I'll try and answer a few of your questions. Though being the lazy twit that I am, I will make my answers brief

Questions.

Economic reasons. You could still go to a country for economic reasons whther you like the culture or not. The reason why many Muslim countries are in the state they're in has to do with historical/political reasons, not religious reasons.

Homosexual feelings alone are not haram, what is haram is acting upon homosexual attractions (compare this to Western Laws against pedophilia)

I never see that happen, mosques in western countries are privately built and are mostly dependent on community fundraisers/

That is a huge generalization. Historically, ties between Muslims and Jews were fairly cordial and mutual. Compare Spain under Moorish rule as opposed to Spain under Isabella the First and you'll notice a large contrast in the treatment of Jews.
Anti-Zionism does not coreleate with anti-antisemitism ( a subject for another post)

Once more, another huge generalization. They're is a crap ton of fundraisers in western muslim communities aimed towards the aiding of Syria and Iraq (as well as the Rohinjya)

Why do Americans get angry over burning of their flag?

1. Suicide is haram in Islam (yet SUcide bombers are a notorious tactic of terrorist groups)
2. The killing of women,children and old men is haram (there is an entire hadith book by Sahih Al-Bukhari dedicated to the conducts of war.)
3. The vast majority of these "violent verses" are taken hugely out of context.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Dazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 3:39:45 PM
Hello.

I think the most "discussed" one.

Sure.

Questions.

I personally think westerners are successful in establishing "honesty" as their social value, either regard it as an effect of Law & Order, at-least westerners perceive themselves such, that's the achievement I agree. Regarding Criticism? It's a mistake to apply the "withholding of a view" as an impression carrier. If someone asks my view about Western Culture & also about its particular value, I'd be open to divergent priorities to end up at a conclusion, but I rarely waste my time in mere criticism of west & western culture. I'd prefer arguing over validity of my (different) opinion, rather than initiating the house of useless agitation. About immigration.... some like west (development & lifestyle), but some do it for economical purposes yet disliking the western culture, as their priority, but they must make adjustment to get settled (if not completely adopting their value that's obvious).

It really surprises me, the types of issues, people have connected with Islam... Do you have any personal experience with Muslims? Or homophobic Muslims? I don't know, being "homophobic" can be a practical (most-red) issue of West & its conflict with Christianity there. But as to Islam & Muslims, homosexuality is forbidden as the "interest money", or "sexual intercourse without marriage" etc are forbidden. One (non-Muslim) can argue against these prohibitions as per his arguments, but that is why he's non-Muslims that he'd have his own arguments. What does it has to do with violence or peace?

I've no knowledge to the question background. But monetary help is other, at-least there must be no restriction as China (secular state) stupidly bans "Fasting" in Ramadan (Lunar Month as per Islamic Calender). www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-28123267

Who told you? I rarely think about them.

We're in continuous cold-war with them, from the first day of Islamic advent, they're known as "khariji" in our language. They say we're reformers but they're actually makebates (already mentioned in history). And the theory of moderate & radical Islam is also evolutionary due to the distractions of kharijis, otherwise no such thing exist in real (means if I fight for my genuine cause that doesn't mean I'd become radical, as none of any world army force become & labelled to be such). Secondly we can't uphold a massacre over their community as they carry innocent children, old men & women in their families, rest, we're already fighting them in the region where they attack as militants. Obviously if kharijis are denying the Muslim majority, they're harming Islam, & by doing such they prove to be an outsider= khariji. Else other than khariji many non-Muslims are also exhibiting agitation & intolerance against Islam in their laws & debates or social attitude, due to "some" khairjis, should we also do something about those non-Muslims? Little we can do practically but some debate & dialogue for awareness & harmony.

Problem is west or anyone (can be in east), don't have even a slight glimpse of what is he for Muslims or what is the taste of loving in faith. there is no match of such love in the world. You haven't seen that how long till in the mid nights we keep appraising him [in gatherings], & we prefer over our wishes, the wish to recite the prayer of God's Blessings over him (Salat o Salam), throughout the day, more we recite, more we think its less yet, because by sending God's blessings over him, we believe we're collecting blessing for ourselves actually, & we believe him to be the reason of creation of all creations. We don't name the Islam just as a set of principles & orders to follow (to get the paradise), we give the love, respect & praise of Prophet Muhammad a basic priority, as well as the ultimate reason of whole mankind (with a sufficient reason, endorsed in the Islamic teachings). We like paradise because he'd be in paradise, we believe no one would get into paradise due to his own deeds but due to God's blessing & mercy, but that mercy would be shown in the day of judgement [equivalent to 50000 days] through the way of "Miqam-e-Mahmood [status of most praised one]" of Prophet Muhammad (peace & blessings upon him). Our hearts start to beat alike when we talk about him, & it really happens, we've the experience. You can snatch the soul, blow the head, flow the blood, but can't imagine the limit of that limitless love. More you'd come to know, more it'd be clear to you, I can give you the references if you'd like to go in the depth of this topic. Because if you never eat apple, how'd get to know about its taste. Similarly those who don't have any respectable personality of the extent that we have [in our religious thought & faith], how'd they get to know about the topic. Issue isn't with non-muslims only, it also exists in deviant sects. We debate to them also. I'm not checker over others actions but I can argue for what is wrong & bad. If we can't stop the bad with hand, we should stop it with tongue & portraying others' religion negatively is certainly offensive.

Sectarianism takes place when some says, I believe in Quran but they actually believe in a part of it that is equivalent to denying the other "part". And denying a single verse of Quran is like denying the whole of it. To be Muslims, faith on all basics of Islam is necessary. Thus among 73 sects, only one is on straight path & whatever the title you give, that has to be the main-stream [majority] Islam.

Now your question has answer inside it self. First deviant sect [terrorist] don't follow Islam because they don't take it as a whole but their selected [self-interpreted] ideas. Secondly some verses which can be interpreted in some violent way, is not worrisome, because any text in the world can be asserted to be violent [by anyone] or can be interpreted in a violent [wrong] way [irrespective of the actual meaning]. So how does it affect the real text?

Even surprisingly the real text [in an other verse] has already explained that "some people would get "Hidaya" [light of instructions & straight path], but some people would get astray from the same text". So this also certifies that deviant sects have taken the one part & left the other.

It took my most precious time of Ramadan, now I've to leave for Prayer. Hope my answer was elaborative & helpful [to your purpose of questioning]. if I missed out any point we can discuss later on.
Remove the "I want", remainder is the "peace". ~Al-Ghazali~
"This time will also pass", a dose to cure both; the excitement & the grievance. ~Ayaz~