brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 5:12:51 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Reproduced from Israel National News:

Israeli Strike on Iran Likely after Next July

There is a better than 50-50 chance that Israel will attack Iran after next July, but many Israeli officials think a better solution to the Iranian nuclear threat would be an American strike on its nuclear facilities, Atlantic Monthly's Jeffrey Goldberg writes.

Under the title of "The Point of No Return, Goldberg's article describes a probable scenario if sanctions, an internal Iranian revolution or local sabotage does not stop Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in his tracks.

"Uzi Arad, and the Israeli defense minister, Ehud Barak, will simultaneously telephone their counterparts at the White House and the Pentagon, to inform them that their prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, has just ordered roughly one hundred F-15Es, F-16Is, F-16Cs, and other aircraft of the Israeli air force to fly east toward Iran—possibly by crossing Saudi Arabia, possibly by threading the border between Syria and Turkey, and possibly by traveling directly through Iraq's airspace, though it is crowded with American aircraft," Goldberg wrote in the new issue of the magazine.

"Israel would get only one try. Israeli planes would fly low over Saudi Arabia, bomb their targets in Iran, and return to Israel by flying again over Saudi territory, possibly even landing in the Saudi desert for refueling—perhaps, if speculation rife in intelligence circles is to be believed, with secret Saudi cooperation. These planes would have to return home quickly, in part because Israeli intelligence believes that Iran would immediately order Hizbullah to fire rockets at Israeli cities."

Comments on the article:

Israel cant count on Obama except to passively overtly support his Muslim cronys. It would be nothing new for the world to continue condemning Israel for such an action and the UN would want to use this event to continue to de-legitimize Israel.. So Israel.....DO THE DEED and never look back . Those who fail to learn history's lessons are doomed to repeat them. Do the nasty Israel or it will surely be done to you(again)
Mark Shane, Hope Mills (08/12/10)

I don't understand why Israel would want to wait until next July to attack Iran. That would give Iran more time to create who knows what they have created already. If Israel expects the U.S. to attack Iran, it probably won't even happen, but I hope the U.S. does do something about it because giving Iran all these deadlines is not helping at all. Israel, don't wait for the wrong reasons to protect your land from Iran. Do what is right.
Caroline, USA (08/11/10)

Shouldn't this be highly top secret info?
Please remove this article!!!
Shmuel, Texas (08/11/10)

For goodness sake! Why will Israel wait another year until they strike Iran? do they think for one moment that Iran would wait to strike Israel if it had the bomb. Wakey wakey!
Moragh, (08/11/10)

Why stop at Iran, take out the idiots in Norway as well. it is clear that Iran is a serious threat... if you think that threat is only aimed at Israel then you are an anti Semite because nuclear missiles cant differentiate between Jews and the goyim
Yosef, USA (08/11/10)

If Israel has the military power to destroy Iran's nuclear reactor and bomb-making facilities, then Israel must also have the power to decapitate the leadership of Iran's crazy islamofascist government. That means both Achmedinajad and the ayatollahs who put him in power and who keep them there. There are a lot of ways to eliminate from remote locations the new Hitlers without destroying an entire country in thermonuclear warfare.But one thing is certain. Obama will palaver but never act, because the immediate Iranian threat is to Israel, not the USA. So soon, the Jewish nation must fight back in order to live. Failing to do so means the Iranians and their local Hezbollah puppets in Lebanon intend to kill all of you. So act accordingly.
Arnold Harris, Mount Horeb WI (08/11/10)

http://www.israelnationalnews.com...

So, do you think a unilateral military strike on Iran by Isreal is reasonable?
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 7:08:08 AM
So, do you think a unilateral military strike on Iran by Isreal is reasonable?:

It's certainly plausible, but I would dare go a step further and ssy that it is probable. Let's hope for all this doesn't happen.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 7:13:56 AM
At 8/13/2010 7:08:08 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
So, do you think a unilateral military strike on Iran by Isreal is reasonable?:

It's certainly plausible, but I would dare go a step further and ssy that it is probable. Let's hope for all this doesn't happen.

I hope not, because that would only cause the US to inevitably get invovled. Iran WILL strike back on Isreal causeing the US to intervene.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 7:24:14 AM
I am against further development of nuclear bombs, but I am not into war against a country that develops it, except if it plans on waging an aggressive war afterwards. The case with Iran is sort of complex because they are not telling us everything, and they do not have a weak military.

The planes that will be sent to attack are not enough, as far as I can tell. Iran can defend fairly well. Moreover, I wonder whether or not Saudi Arabia will let Israel get their planes across. Also, a counter-strike by Iran on Israel with planes and artilleries will make Israel very vulnerable. It is not big at all.

But, I think we should come with a diplomatic solution and avoid another major war in the world. I think both sides are the causes to this possible war.
kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 7:33:05 AM
At 8/13/2010 7:24:14 AM, Mirza wrote:
I am against further development of nuclear bombs, but I am not into war against a country that develops it, except if it plans on waging an aggressive war afterwards. The case with Iran is sort of complex because they are not telling us everything, and they do not have a weak military.

No one says in the media how the US has been terrorizing Iranians for decades, and that Iran stands in the way to the US having a monopoly on Middle East oil.

The planes that will be sent to attack are not enough, as far as I can tell. Iran can defend fairly well. Moreover, I wonder whether or not Saudi Arabia will let Israel get their planes across. Also, a counter-strike by Iran on Israel with planes and artilleries will make Israel very vulnerable. It is not big at all.

I thought the same thing. If Isreal strikes, they will soark outrage in the Middle East. Everyone does not feel about Iran the way that Isreal and the US do. People ofetn take the stronger sides position because they are scared of the consequences.

But, I think we should come with a diplomatic solution and avoid another major war in the world. I think both sides are the causes to this possible war.

I see this act as a means to further take us to the brink of World War 3.They have to get the sluggish world economies stimulated in some way.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 8:03:14 AM
Kelly stop posting in this thread unless you learn how to spell Israel.

Iran is up against it, and have few allies. Them developing nuclear weapons is dangerous. I feel that if there's proof of WMD's (As in real proof, not the "proof" used to justify the Iraq War).

Saudi Arabia will probably allow Israel to attack Iran. A sneak attack, which bombs their nuclear facilities, won't completely stop their nuclear programs, but it will send them the right message.

We've tried diplomatic solutions. They've failed.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 8:34:12 AM
No one says in the media how the US has been terrorizing Iranians for decades, and that Iran stands in the way to the US having a monopoly on Middle East oil.:

That's because it isn't true. The Canadian oil sands supplies more oil to the US than any other nation.

I thought the same thing. If Isreal strikes, they will soark outrage in the Middle East.:

Israel sparks outrage, apparently, for existing. Doesn't seem to matter much. As long as Jews are alive on the planet, no one seems happy.

Everyone does not feel about Iran the way that Isreal and the US do. People ofetn take the stronger sides position because they are scared of the consequences.:

I sincerely hope that the US does not get involved in this debacle, however, what are the supposed consequences?

I see this act as a means to further take us to the brink of World War 3.They have to get the sluggish world economies stimulated in some way.:

That's a bit too conspiratorial for me. Is there any compelling evidence to suggest that is the case?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 8:52:45 AM
At 8/13/2010 5:52:21 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
This is quite interesting http://www.nytimes.com...

Extreme speculation at every angle. Israel will always do what it has to do to ensure its survival. The US has some influence over their decision making, but ultimately they will do what they deem necessary, and unlike many other countries, they could give a flying tin whistle about international approval or condemnation. They are willing to make far greater sacrifices for their survival than most other societies.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 8:58:21 AM
At 8/13/2010 8:34:12 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
No one says in the media how the US has been terrorizing Iranians for decades, and that Iran stands in the way to the US having a monopoly on Middle East oil.:

That's because it isn't true. The Canadian oil sands supplies more oil to the US than any other nation.

Surprisingly true, about ~100,000 thousand barrels out of ~375,000 thousands barrels comes from Mexico and Canada. http://www.eia.doe.gov...

I see this act as a means to further take us to the brink of World War 3.They have to get the sluggish world economies stimulated in some way.:

That's a bit too conspiratorial for me. Is there any compelling evidence to suggest that is the case?

I think what he is suggesting is that sicne World War 2 stopped the Great Depressio, a World War 3 could stop this modern day recession.
twsurber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 9:00:25 AM

How is Israel a cause to this? Iran has instigated all of the threats.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 9:00:28 AM
At 8/13/2010 8:52:45 AM, innomen wrote:
At 8/13/2010 5:52:21 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
This is quite interesting http://www.nytimes.com...

Extreme speculation at every angle. Israel will always do what it has to do to ensure its survival. The US has some influence over their decision making, but ultimately they will do what they deem necessary, and unlike many other countries, they could give a flying tin whistle about international approval or condemnation. They are willing to make far greater sacrifices for their survival than most other societies.

This is imagining the most likely Israeli, and Israeli alone, strike on Iran and it's aftermath. It does say that there are errors omitted, but this seems to have been taken on board by most high-ranking officials.
PalinFan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 9:15:11 AM
We should send Bruno as a special diplomat to Iran to help broker a deal and help avert this crisis
Super Man does not come close to the power of Jesus Christ - GodSands
kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 11:25:48 AM
At 8/13/2010 8:03:14 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

sue me

Iran is up against it, and have few allies. Them developing nuclear weapons is dangerous. I feel that if there's proof of WMD's (As in real proof, not the "proof" used to justify the Iraq War).

Saudi Arabia will probably allow Israel to attack Iran. A sneak attack, which bombs their nuclear facilities, won't completely stop their nuclear programs, but it will send them the right message.

Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 11:27:18 AM
If Israel strikes on Iran Israel will destroy Iran and then Iran can't really do anything because they don't have an air force that is even close to as powerful as the Israeli Air Force and everything else involves ground attacks. These won't work because
1)The IAF will simply blow up everything that moves towards Israel
2)Iran would have to cross through Iraq (which is held by US Forces) or Saudi Arabia (which Israel would interpret as an act of war) or Syria, Jordinish area (which Israel has whooped on three separate occasions)

In conclusion if war breaks out in the middle east Israel will win.
: At 8/17/2010 7:17:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 11:27:36 AM
At 8/13/2010 11:25:48 AM, kelly224 wrote:

sue me

I would, but you would misspell all your documents. That'd be cruel.

Also, learn to quote properly.
kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 11:32:26 AM
At 8/13/2010 8:34:12 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

Does that still not mean that the US does not want to control the oil fields in the Middle East?..We are the largest consumer. Aren't we controlling the oil fields in Iraq?

I thought the same thing. If Isreal strikes, they will soark outrage in the Middle East.:

Israel sparks outrage, apparently, for existing. Doesn't seem to matter much. As long as Jews are alive on the planet, no one seems happy.

Israel has been OCCUPYING the lands it lives in since they invaded in the 60's. Why is this rarely reported?...As soon as someone dominates a land, the conquerer gets dibs on the way history will be told.

Everyone does not feel about Iran the way that Isreal and the US do. People ofetn take the stronger sides position because they are scared of the consequences.:

I sincerely hope that the US does not get involved in this debacle, however, what are the supposed consequences?

Sanctons, being labeled a terrorist regime if you don't follow orders, being cut off from economic aid, and how can we forget about invasion.

Call it what you want.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 11:32:36 AM
At 8/13/2010 11:27:18 AM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
If Israel strikes on Iran Israel will destroy Iran and then Iran can't really do anything because they don't have an air force that is even close to as powerful as the Israeli Air Force and everything else involves ground attacks. These won't work because
1)The IAF will simply blow up everything that moves towards Israel
2)Iran would have to cross through Iraq (which is held by US Forces) or Saudi Arabia (which Israel would interpret as an act of war) or Syria, Jordinish area (which Israel has whooped on three separate occasions)

In conclusion if war breaks out in the middle east Israel will win.

Yeah, you need to use some periods.

So...Israel makes a tactical strike as they would most likely do...and Iran just sits on its hands and then licks its wounds? Nah, there would be a response. Consider the recent activity on the northern borders of Israel, and the perpetual activities in the south, both sponsored by Iran and Syria. Something would bust.
kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 11:34:24 AM

Diplomacy?..Explain?...I see sanctions, and nothing else?...You strong arm someone, and expect them to adopt diplomacy as an alternative?
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 11:36:28 AM
At 8/13/2010 9:00:25 AM, twsurber wrote:

How is Israel a cause to this? Iran has instigated all of the threats.

The OP provides details of Israel threatening air strikes on Iran. What are you talking about?
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 11:36:53 AM
At 8/13/2010 11:32:59 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Panda, sooooooooooooooo many people incorrectly spell it "Isreal" so it's best not to worry about it.

That's because they pronounce it wrong too.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 11:43:23 AM
At 8/13/2010 7:33:05 AM, kelly224 wrote:
No one says in the media how the US has been terrorizing Iranians for decades, and that Iran stands in the way to the US having a monopoly on Middle East oil.
It is beyond my point, but I am agreeing.

I thought the same thing. If Isreal strikes, they will soark outrage in the Middle East. Everyone does not feel about Iran the way that Isreal and the US do. People ofetn take the stronger sides position because they are scared of the consequences.
Yes, but the stronger position is not easy to spot in this situation. We are dealing with two Middle Eastern nations, both being very powerful with their military capabilities, and the greatest ally of one of them will lose a lot if it joins the tough war.

I see this act as a means to further take us to the brink of World War 3.They have to get the sluggish world economies stimulated in some way.
I doubt that this will cause WWIII. In any case, the war should not happen.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 11:45:24 AM
At 8/13/2010 11:36:53 AM, innomen wrote:
At 8/13/2010 11:32:59 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Panda, sooooooooooooooo many people incorrectly spell it "Isreal" so it's best not to worry about it.

That's because they pronounce it wrong too.

I've noticed that too.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 11:45:33 AM
At 8/13/2010 11:34:24 AM, kelly224 wrote:

Diplomacy?..Explain?...I see sanctions, and nothing else?...You strong arm someone, and expect them to adopt diplomacy as an alternative?

http://www.presstv.ir...
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 11:46:52 AM
As I said, I am against further development of nuclear weapons.

Saudi Arabia should not let that happen. Iran may even strike back on it because it would see it as a traitor. And do you honestly believe that "the right message" will be sent to Iran, and not vice versa? History teaches us the opposite when USA is involved in wars where it pretends to be Batman of the world.

Which good diplomatic solutions have been proposed? "Do not develop nuclear facilities or we will sanction you." This?