Total Posts:112|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Islam in 2015

dylancatlow
Posts: 12,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 4:51:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/21/2015 4:05:40 PM, Mirza wrote:
But is it worse than America anno 2015? That's the real question. http://www.wingia.com...

As I've pointed out before, the finding that 24 percent of people worldwide consider America to be the greatest threat to world peace is very uninformative. If you asked "which country is the greatest promoter of peace" I am willing to bet that America would also win. Why? Because no other country is an obvious choice.

According to BBC, only 31 percent of the world population considers America's influence to be mainly negative. http://www.mydreamcourse.co.za... This implies that among those who think America is a threat to world peace at all, most choose America as the most destructive. But among those don't think so, their choices are distributed among many different nations.

If you weren't so biased, you would realize that it's a poorly conducted poll, and in fact, probably the single worst way to gauge global opinion of a country.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 5:06:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/21/2015 4:51:14 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
As I've pointed out before, the finding that 24 percent of people worldwide consider America to be the greatest threat to world peace is very uninformative.
No, it's not.

If you asked "which country is the greatest promoter of peace" I am willing to bet that America would also win. Why? Because no other country is an obvious choice.
You need to provide evidence, not a guess. Additionally, even if the same amount of people said it were the greatest promoter of peace, all that would do is prove the opinion is split. The quarter who believe America is the greatest threat will remain in the count.

As for America being the obvious choice, that's for a good reason.

According to BBC, only 31 percent of the world population considers America's influence to be mainly negative. http://www.mydreamcourse.co.za... This implies that among those who think America is a threat to world peace at all, most choose America as the most destructive. But among those don't think so, their choices are distributed among many different nations.
That's because of all countries, America is the biggest threat to the world. Are you seriously that stupid? Very few countries can rival America in threatening world peace, so in case people do not realize this, they will be divided on which other country could be considered the worst.

If you weren't so biased, you would realize that it's a poorly conducted poll, and in fact, probably the single worst way to gauge global opinion of a country.
Sure. Remember, I judge you not for your association with your unfortunate country of birth.
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 5:08:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/21/2015 5:06:23 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 6/21/2015 4:51:14 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
As I've pointed out before, the finding that 24 percent of people worldwide consider America to be the greatest threat to world peace is very uninformative.
No, it's not.

If you asked "which country is the greatest promoter of peace" I am willing to bet that America would also win. Why? Because no other country is an obvious choice.
You need to provide evidence, not a guess. Additionally, even if the same amount of people said it were the greatest promoter of peace, all that would do is prove the opinion is split. The quarter who believe America is the greatest threat will remain in the count.

As for America being the obvious choice, that's for a good reason.

According to BBC, only 31 percent of the world population considers America's influence to be mainly negative. http://www.mydreamcourse.co.za... This implies that among those who think America is a threat to world peace at all, most choose America as the most destructive. But among those don't think so, their choices are distributed among many different nations.
That's because of all countries, America is the biggest threat to the world. Are you seriously that stupid? Very few countries can rival America in threatening world peace, so in case people do not realize this, they will be divided on which other country could be considered the worst.

If you weren't so biased, you would realize that it's a poorly conducted poll, and in fact, probably the single worst way to gauge global opinion of a country.
Sure. Remember, I judge you not for your association with your unfortunate country of birth.

You're just not very smart.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 5:11:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/21/2015 5:08:31 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
You're just not very smart.
Aw, sweet. I know you're obsessed with me, dylan, and dream of winning an argument just one time. Sadly for you, I'm the wrong guy to pick on.
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 5:16:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/21/2015 5:11:25 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:08:31 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
You're just not very smart.
Aw, sweet. I know you're obsessed with me, dylan, and dream of winning an argument just one time. Sadly for you, I'm the wrong guy to pick on.

I've never lost an argument with you, and probably never will.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 5:19:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/21/2015 5:16:23 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
I've never lost an argument with you, and probably never will.
Lovely hint of self-confidence there. Do you know how many friend requests I've received complimenting me for destroying and humiliating you? A good portion, and I'm not even kidding. I've made you a laughing stock, and you'd be worse off had I not come to feel very sorry for you, as well as suspect you of trolling for displaying idiocy of nearly unrivalled heights.

There's no possible world in which you can match me, although a little dose of LSD will help you fantasize about one.
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 5:24:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/21/2015 5:19:48 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:16:23 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
I've never lost an argument with you, and probably never will.
Lovely hint of self-confidence there. Do you know how many friend requests I've received complimenting me for destroying and humiliating you? A good portion, and I'm not even kidding. I've made you a laughing stock, and you'd be worse off had I not come to feel very sorry for you, as well as suspect you of trolling for displaying idiocy of nearly unrivalled heights.

There's no possible world in which you can match me, although a little dose of LSD will help you fantasize about one.

You're not the only moron on this site.
UndeniableReality
Posts: 1,897
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 5:27:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/21/2015 5:08:31 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:06:23 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 6/21/2015 4:51:14 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
As I've pointed out before, the finding that 24 percent of people worldwide consider America to be the greatest threat to world peace is very uninformative.
No, it's not.

If you asked "which country is the greatest promoter of peace" I am willing to bet that America would also win. Why? Because no other country is an obvious choice.
You need to provide evidence, not a guess. Additionally, even if the same amount of people said it were the greatest promoter of peace, all that would do is prove the opinion is split. The quarter who believe America is the greatest threat will remain in the count.

As for America being the obvious choice, that's for a good reason.

According to BBC, only 31 percent of the world population considers America's influence to be mainly negative. http://www.mydreamcourse.co.za... This implies that among those who think America is a threat to world peace at all, most choose America as the most destructive. But among those don't think so, their choices are distributed among many different nations.
That's because of all countries, America is the biggest threat to the world. Are you seriously that stupid? Very few countries can rival America in threatening world peace, so in case people do not realize this, they will be divided on which other country could be considered the worst.

If you weren't so biased, you would realize that it's a poorly conducted poll, and in fact, probably the single worst way to gauge global opinion of a country.
Sure. Remember, I judge you not for your association with your unfortunate country of birth.

You're just not very smart.

Sometimes that's the only reasonable response left in a conversation.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 5:32:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/21/2015 5:24:13 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
You're not the only moron on this site.
Keep talking to me. I love the increase in amount of friends I have here after our little talks.

This is the previous request I remember: "nice pwn@ge of dylancatlow"

You're probably not even sensing how poorly you come off. Sad world you live in.
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 5:35:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/21/2015 5:32:39 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:24:13 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
You're not the only moron on this site.
Keep talking to me. I love the increase in amount of friends I have here after our little talks.

This is the previous request I remember: "nice pwn@ge of dylancatlow"

You're probably not even sensing how poorly you come off. Sad world you live in.

Name one well-known member who actually appreciates your contributions to this site.
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 5:39:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/21/2015 3:45:46 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

http://www.theasiantoday.com...

The group which Anjem Choudary represents has been widely condemned by more mainstream Muslim groups. Either you're being deliberately disingenuous, or you just didn't check your sources at all.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 5:41:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/21/2015 5:35:25 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
Name one well-known member who actually appreciates your contributions to this site.
It would be a long list, Ma'am, but you sure are proving your obsession with my status here by asking such a question. It doesn't even matter in the end, does it? Between you and me, what matters is who has the best arguments for his position, and who ends up being the reasonable one. And, frankly, there's no contest.

Au revior mon ami. :)
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 5:44:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/21/2015 5:39:08 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 6/21/2015 3:45:46 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

http://www.theasiantoday.com...

The group which Anjem Choudary represents has been widely condemned by more mainstream Muslim groups. Either you're being deliberately disingenuous, or you just didn't check your sources at all.

When did I suggest that he speaks for the majority of Muslims?
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 5:51:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The man in the video does not speak for all Muslims, but he does speak for hundreds of millions of them.

If you think he was put on to advocate fringe ideas that hardly any Muslims support, you would be quite mistaken: http://www.pewforum.org...
no1special
Posts: 56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 5:55:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/21/2015 5:53:09 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:47:10 PM, no1special wrote:
At 6/21/2015 3:45:46 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

Weak.

What do you mean by this?

What do you mean by this thread?
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 5:56:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/21/2015 5:55:28 PM, no1special wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:53:09 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:47:10 PM, no1special wrote:
At 6/21/2015 3:45:46 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

Weak.

What do you mean by this?

What do you mean by this thread?

That Muslims needs to grow the fvck up. (at least a significant percentage of them).
no1special
Posts: 56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 5:59:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/21/2015 5:56:57 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:55:28 PM, no1special wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:53:09 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:47:10 PM, no1special wrote:
At 6/21/2015 3:45:46 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

Weak.

What do you mean by this?

What do you mean by this thread?

That Muslims needs to grow the fvck up. (at least a significant percentage of them).
So you call this thread "Islam in 2015" then you admit that this video doesn't represent all Muslims, and then you say Muslims need to grow up citing this video.

Good logic that.
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 6:02:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/21/2015 5:59:03 PM, no1special wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:56:57 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:55:28 PM, no1special wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:53:09 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:47:10 PM, no1special wrote:
At 6/21/2015 3:45:46 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

Weak.

What do you mean by this?

What do you mean by this thread?

That Muslims needs to grow the fvck up. (at least a significant percentage of them).
So you call this thread "Islam in 2015" then you admit that this video doesn't represent all Muslims, and then you say Muslims need to grow up citing this video.

Good logic that.

It doesn't need to represent all Muslims. The current state of Islam is troubling whether or not all Muslims agree with the things said in the video. What about that do you not understand?
no1special
Posts: 56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 6:05:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/21/2015 6:02:14 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:59:03 PM, no1special wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:56:57 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:55:28 PM, no1special wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:53:09 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:47:10 PM, no1special wrote:
At 6/21/2015 3:45:46 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

Weak.

What do you mean by this?

What do you mean by this thread?

That Muslims needs to grow the fvck up. (at least a significant percentage of them).
So you call this thread "Islam in 2015" then you admit that this video doesn't represent all Muslims, and then you say Muslims need to grow up citing this video.

Good logic that.

It doesn't need to represent all Muslims. The current state of Islam is troubling whether or not all Muslims agree with the things said in the video. What about that do you not understand?
You said Muslims need to grow the fck up, not some Muslims need to grow the fck up, or that these Muslims in particular need to grow the fck up. Not all Muslims agree with everything all other Muslims say or do so taking one particular group of Muslims and judging all Muslims by them is only going to add fuel to the fire. What about this do you not understand?
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 6:08:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/21/2015 6:05:39 PM, no1special wrote:
At 6/21/2015 6:02:14 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:59:03 PM, no1special wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:56:57 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:55:28 PM, no1special wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:53:09 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:47:10 PM, no1special wrote:
At 6/21/2015 3:45:46 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

Weak.

What do you mean by this?

What do you mean by this thread?

That Muslims needs to grow the fvck up. (at least a significant percentage of them).
So you call this thread "Islam in 2015" then you admit that this video doesn't represent all Muslims, and then you say Muslims need to grow up citing this video.

Good logic that.

It doesn't need to represent all Muslims. The current state of Islam is troubling whether or not all Muslims agree with the things said in the video. What about that do you not understand?
You said Muslims need to grow the fck up, not some Muslims need to grow the fck up, or that these Muslims in particular need to grow the fck up.

I clarified what I meant when I said "(at least a significant percentage of them)". Why are you forcing me to go over this.
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 6:10:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
For the record, I think all Muslims need to grow up, but some more urgently than others. Same goes for anyone who is more than casually religious.
no1special
Posts: 56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 6:11:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/21/2015 6:08:54 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 6/21/2015 6:05:39 PM, no1special wrote:
At 6/21/2015 6:02:14 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:59:03 PM, no1special wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:56:57 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:55:28 PM, no1special wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:53:09 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:47:10 PM, no1special wrote:
At 6/21/2015 3:45:46 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

Weak.

What do you mean by this?

What do you mean by this thread?

That Muslims needs to grow the fvck up. (at least a significant percentage of them).
So you call this thread "Islam in 2015" then you admit that this video doesn't represent all Muslims, and then you say Muslims need to grow up citing this video.

Good logic that.

It doesn't need to represent all Muslims. The current state of Islam is troubling whether or not all Muslims agree with the things said in the video. What about that do you not understand?
You said Muslims need to grow the fck up, not some Muslims need to grow the fck up, or that these Muslims in particular need to grow the fck up.

I clarified what I meant when I said "(at least a significant percentage of them)". Why are you forcing me to go over this.
Because you appeared to go back on that position when you said that "Muslims need to grow the fck up". If you're going to be disingenuous people are going to call you out about it.
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 6:16:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/21/2015 6:11:15 PM, no1special wrote:
At 6/21/2015 6:08:54 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 6/21/2015 6:05:39 PM, no1special wrote:
At 6/21/2015 6:02:14 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:59:03 PM, no1special wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:56:57 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:55:28 PM, no1special wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:53:09 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:47:10 PM, no1special wrote:
At 6/21/2015 3:45:46 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

Weak.

What do you mean by this?

What do you mean by this thread?

That Muslims needs to grow the fvck up. (at least a significant percentage of them).
So you call this thread "Islam in 2015" then you admit that this video doesn't represent all Muslims, and then you say Muslims need to grow up citing this video.

Good logic that.

It doesn't need to represent all Muslims. The current state of Islam is troubling whether or not all Muslims agree with the things said in the video. What about that do you not understand?
You said Muslims need to grow the fck up, not some Muslims need to grow the fck up, or that these Muslims in particular need to grow the fck up.

I clarified what I meant when I said "(at least a significant percentage of them)". Why are you forcing me to go over this.
Because you appeared to go back on that position when you said that "Muslims need to grow the fck up". If you're going to be disingenuous people are going to call you out about it.

Yes, because someone can actually "go back" on a position within the same fcking sentence. Got it.

You're being disingenuous when you accuse me of lumping together all Muslims, as I was clearly fine with making the distinction (I made it twice, in fact). Take your whiny, dishonest attitude somewhere else please.
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 6:19:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/21/2015 5:51:10 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
The man in the video does not speak for all Muslims, but he does speak for hundreds of millions of them.

If you think he was put on to advocate fringe ideas that hardly any Muslims support, you would be quite mistaken: http://www.pewforum.org...

"Among Muslims who support making sharia the law of the land, most do not believe that it should be applied to non-Muslims."

... your link undermines your own contention. It holds that, while most advocate adopting sharia as the law of the land, only a fringe advocate that it be applied to non-Muslims. Geller's contention that Sharia is different from other religious laws, which only apply to members of that religion, is ill-founded. A fringe of Muslims advocate applying Sharia to all people, just as a fringe of Christians think that people ought to all be forced to live by 'God's law'.

And saying 'Islam in 2015' and then linking to this video, implies that he speaks for all Muslims, as you are characterizing the present state of Islam as what is portrayed in this poorly conducted interview of a provocateur and a fanatic.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
no1special
Posts: 56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 6:20:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/21/2015 6:16:35 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 6/21/2015 6:11:15 PM, no1special wrote:
At 6/21/2015 6:08:54 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 6/21/2015 6:05:39 PM, no1special wrote:
At 6/21/2015 6:02:14 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:59:03 PM, no1special wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:56:57 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:55:28 PM, no1special wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:53:09 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:47:10 PM, no1special wrote:
At 6/21/2015 3:45:46 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

Weak.

What do you mean by this?

What do you mean by this thread?

That Muslims needs to grow the fvck up. (at least a significant percentage of them).
So you call this thread "Islam in 2015" then you admit that this video doesn't represent all Muslims, and then you say Muslims need to grow up citing this video.

Good logic that.

It doesn't need to represent all Muslims. The current state of Islam is troubling whether or not all Muslims agree with the things said in the video. What about that do you not understand?
You said Muslims need to grow the fck up, not some Muslims need to grow the fck up, or that these Muslims in particular need to grow the fck up.

I clarified what I meant when I said "(at least a significant percentage of them)". Why are you forcing me to go over this.
Because you appeared to go back on that position when you said that "Muslims need to grow the fck up". If you're going to be disingenuous people are going to call you out about it.

Yes, because someone can actually "go back" on a position within the same fcking sentence. Got it.

You're being disingenuous when you accuse me of lumping together all Muslims, as I was clearly fine with making the distinction (I made it twice, in fact). Take your whiny, dishonest attitude somewhere else please.
You're the only one being dishonest here. If you had made the distinction twice why wouldn't you have just pointed me to it instead of giving the response you did. You know the OP you made was crap and now you are scrambling to defend it. It's really easy for people to see through your contradictory posts.