Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

Attack on Christianity, Not Blacks

Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 2:11:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Thought the recent church massacre in America was race-related? You couldn't be more wrong. Not because I say so, but because masterminds at Fox News do.
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 2:24:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This report came shortly after the attack happened when not much was known about Dylann Roof. Of course now we know it was racially-motivated, but that's only because investigators found evidence which proves it was racially motivated e.g., his manifesto.

The town has a large black population, so it's not like he would have had to go out of his way to attack a black church if he had intended it as an attack on Christianity.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 2:34:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/22/2015 2:24:52 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
This report came shortly after the attack happened when not much was known about Dylann Roof. Of course now we know it was racially-motivated, but that's only because investigators found evidence which proves it was racially motivated e.g., his manifesto.
Their immediate reaction was to categorize it as an attack on faith. The most reasonable conclusion to form would be that it was a racially-motivated crime, since a white person killed many blacks, and race-related issues are *far* more prevalent than those pertaining to Christianity. It's insanely *obvious* that they tried to explain away the most probable reason behind the massacre.

And remember, it's almost bedtime, kiddo. :)
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 2:44:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/22/2015 2:34:03 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 6/22/2015 2:24:52 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
This report came shortly after the attack happened when not much was known about Dylann Roof. Of course now we know it was racially-motivated, but that's only because investigators found evidence which proves it was racially motivated e.g., his manifesto.
Their immediate reaction was to categorize it as an attack on faith. The most reasonable conclusion to form would be that it was a racially-motivated crime, since a white person killed many blacks, and race-related issues are *far* more prevalent than those pertaining to Christianity. It's insanely *obvious* that they tried to explain away the most probable reason behind the massacre.

And remember, it's almost bedtime, kiddo. :)

Fox News viewers are overwhelmingly Christian, so of course Fox News would be overly-sensitive to any perceived attack on Christianity. It's not unreasonable to think that an attack on a Christian Church was an attack on Christianity, even if it happened to be a black church.

And to be fair, Fox News never said it wasn't racially motivated. They only said they didn't want to jump to conclusions like so many others were doing.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 2:50:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/22/2015 2:44:08 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
Fox News viewers are overwhelmingly Christian, so of course Fox News would be overly-sensitive to any perceived attack on Christianity. It's not unreasonable to think that an attack on a Christian Church was an attack on Christianity, even if it happened to be a black church.
Fox News has an agenda, and that explains their pattern of idiocy.

And to be fair, Fox News never said it wasn't racially motivated. They only said they didn't want to jump to conclusions like so many others were doing.
Didn't want to jump to conclusions, yet the headline says "Attack on Faith." And then they bring a pastor who uses dumb arguments to dismiss the idea of this being a racially motivated. No agenda behind this; just a randomly selected pastor telling ya'll the truth there.

Sleep tight.
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 3:01:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/22/2015 2:50:26 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 6/22/2015 2:44:08 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
Fox News viewers are overwhelmingly Christian, so of course Fox News would be overly-sensitive to any perceived attack on Christianity. It's not unreasonable to think that an attack on a Christian Church was an attack on Christianity, even if it happened to be a black church.
Fox News has an agenda, and that explains their pattern of idiocy.

Fox News doesn't have more of an agenda than Salon, The Nation, or any number news organizations you regularly cite to back up your delusional claims.

And to be fair, Fox News never said it wasn't racially motivated. They only said they didn't want to jump to conclusions like so many others were doing.
Didn't want to jump to conclusions, yet the headline says "Attack on Faith." And then they bring a pastor who uses dumb arguments to dismiss the idea of this being a racially motivated. No agenda behind this; just a randomly selected pastor telling ya'll the truth there.

Sleep tight.

I can assure you that most conservative Christians would agree with the things said by the pastor. They didn't have to go "cherry-picking". And yes, their headline was biased and presumptuous, but that doesn't mean they distorted the facts. It was clearly presumed to be an attack on faith for straightforward reasons which anyone had the opportunity to reject.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 11:22:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/22/2015 2:24:52 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
This report came shortly after the attack happened when not much was known about Dylann Roof.

Oh, please. The initial reports had Roof saying that he had to get rid of blacks because they are raping "his women" and taking over.

Of course now we know it was racially-motivated, but that's only because investigators found evidence which proves it was racially motivated e.g., his manifesto.


Again, no. You're wrong.

The town has a large black population, so it's not like he would have had to go out of his way to attack a black church if he had intended it as an attack on Christianity.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 11:25:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/22/2015 2:44:08 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 6/22/2015 2:34:03 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 6/22/2015 2:24:52 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
This report came shortly after the attack happened when not much was known about Dylann Roof. Of course now we know it was racially-motivated, but that's only because investigators found evidence which proves it was racially motivated e.g., his manifesto.
Their immediate reaction was to categorize it as an attack on faith. The most reasonable conclusion to form would be that it was a racially-motivated crime, since a white person killed many blacks, and race-related issues are *far* more prevalent than those pertaining to Christianity. It's insanely *obvious* that they tried to explain away the most probable reason behind the massacre.

And remember, it's almost bedtime, kiddo. :)

Fox News viewers are overwhelmingly Christian, so of course Fox News would be overly-sensitive to any perceived attack on Christianity. It's not unreasonable to think that an attack on a Christian Church was an attack on Christianity, even if it happened to be a black church.

And to be fair, Fox News never said it wasn't racially motivated. They only said they didn't want to jump to conclusions like so many others were doing.

Again, please. It's not "jumping to conclusions like so many others were doing" when the dude literally made reference to race as the reason for his murders right before he murdered them. It's not jumping to conclusions, when by then, they had already discovered his FB page with his white "nationalist" garbage on there and the Rhodesian and South African and Confederate flags.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 6:41:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/22/2015 3:01:06 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
Fox News doesn't have more of an agenda than Salon, The Nation, or any number news organizations you regularly cite to back up your delusional claims.
Irrelevant.

I can assure you that most conservative Christians would agree with the things said by the pastor.
And? That they are equally stupid doesn't say much.

They didn't have to go "cherry-picking". And yes, their headline was biased and presumptuous, but that doesn't mean they distorted the facts. It was clearly presumed to be an attack on faith for straightforward reasons which anyone had the opportunity to reject.
I said they did what they could to explain the *most likely cause behind the massacre*. It could not be more obvious, and you agreed concerning the headline (which was just one part of the whole little show of theirs).

Don't stand in their defence. They are manipulative fools.
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 9:45:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/22/2015 2:44:08 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 6/22/2015 2:34:03 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 6/22/2015 2:24:52 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
This report came shortly after the attack happened when not much was known about Dylann Roof. Of course now we know it was racially-motivated, but that's only because investigators found evidence which proves it was racially motivated e.g., his manifesto.
Their immediate reaction was to categorize it as an attack on faith. The most reasonable conclusion to form would be that it was a racially-motivated crime, since a white person killed many blacks, and race-related issues are *far* more prevalent than those pertaining to Christianity. It's insanely *obvious* that they tried to explain away the most probable reason behind the massacre.

And remember, it's almost bedtime, kiddo. :)

Fox News viewers are overwhelmingly Christian, so of course Fox News would be overly-sensitive to any perceived attack on Christianity. It's not unreasonable to think that an attack on a Christian Church was an attack on Christianity, even if it happened to be a black church.

And to be fair, Fox News never said it wasn't racially motivated. They only said they didn't want to jump to conclusions like so many others were doing.

Fox News like all other sources of tv news is fake.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 10:29:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
FOX is amazing. They are the single greatest organization of intellectuals to ever exist - their arguments are never wrong.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 10:50:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/23/2015 10:29:45 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
FOX is amazing. They are the single greatest organization of intellectuals to ever exist - their arguments are never wrong.
Right, but let's not state the obvious.