Jump to topic:

Well that escalated quickly...

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2015 11:43:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I think the Dems blew their wad too quickly, but perhaps not. This will be remembered for a long time, I suppose, and party politics will reign supreme.

The Dems now have the gay vote, minority vote, union vote, and a good chunk of the poor and elderly too. Fun with blocs!!
My work here is, finally, done.
TheHitchslap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2015 12:28:44 AM
At 6/26/2015 11:43:02 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I think the Dems blew their wad too quickly, but perhaps not. This will be remembered for a long time, I suppose, and party politics will reign supreme.

The Dems now have the gay vote, minority vote, union vote, and a good chunk of the poor and elderly too. Fun with blocs!!

Part of the problem is republican reluctance to actually make an effort and get minority votes.

normally, they just try to stop them at the polls.

But it isn't working anymore. And if you consider the older demographics who voted for them are dying out, and a lot younger millennials are relatively more left leaning, you might very well could end up seeing the death of a republican party, unless they make a change
Thank you for voting!
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2015 12:45:44 AM
At 6/26/2015 11:43:02 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

As if gays didn't already vote overwhelmingly democratic. In fact, now that this issue is settled, it's likely that gays, rather than rewarding democrats with extra support, will vote more conservative, since they no longer depend on the democrats for achieving marriage equality. I know a lot of gays (well, not a lot, but some) who vote democratic only because the democrats are the ones who can grant them marriage equality.