Jump to topic:

2010 Politicians

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 5:03:26 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Is there anyone running for office that you strongly prefer or oppose? Aside from "all of them" of course :P Are there any elections you're really invested in, looking forward to, dreading, concerned about, etc? Who is your favorite and least favorite politician running for office in 2010? What election do you think will have the biggest impact and why?

So far, I really like a Democrat running for office in California (Attorney General) -- Kamala Harris. If I were a Californian, I'd vote for her. I've seen her numerous times engaged in several discussions and debates; she always seems level-headed and well-spoken, in addition to her impressive resume and the similar stance we share on many issues.

http://www.kamalaharris.org...
President of DDO
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 5:07:51 PM
Basil Marceaux
Rand Paul
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 8:01:34 PM
At 8/19/2010 5:07:51 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Basil Marceaux

Already failed. Though hilarious.

Rand Paul

Surprisingly weak as a Republican candidate, but will probably be elected anyways.

Anyways, I suppose I don't really have any favourites down south of the border. Of the politicians I know and are impressed with, Kirsten Gillibrand, the woman who replaced Hillary as Senator in New York, is an excellent candidate, speaker, and face for the Democrats.

I could give you a long, long list of Canadian politicians who are running in 2010 that I'd love to see either go or win, however. :D
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 8:10:36 PM
Kathie Glass for Texas Governor.
-for being the closes gubernatorial candidate to my philosophy
Jane Morriss for Massachusetts First Middlesex District Representative.
-for being family
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 8:13:36 PM
At 8/19/2010 8:10:36 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Jane Morriss for Massachusetts First Middlesex District Representative.
-for being family

She's UU. Didn't know that.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light