Jump to topic:

Scott Walker 2016

1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2015 8:16:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
My opinion is that Walker, of all GOP presidential candidates, is the most ideal candidate for the GOP.

http://www.debate.org...

Now obviously he will need a vice presidential candidate that broaden his support electorally as a nominee, but I would like to focus on the Republican primaries at the moment. Most other main contenders only appeal to a few groups like Jeb Bush and Chris Christie (establishment, moderate) or Ted Cruz and Ben Carson (Tea Party, Christians). Others like Rand Paul (libertarians) and Mike Huckabee (Christians) only appeals to one group. Walker has himself situated between the Establishment and the Tea Party with libertarians and Christians not that far off.

Scott Walker has passed many conservative policies that go from taxes, spending, unions, abortion, and guns. He is from a swing state and being a governor has the advantage of executive experience. Usually Senate candidates like Marco Rubio have a less likely chance to win because they lack executive experience. I'm curious what everyone else thinks about who the ideal GOP candidate should be.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2015 9:50:01 AM
At 7/14/2015 8:16:39 AM, 1Historygenius wrote:
My opinion is that Walker, of all GOP presidential candidates, is the most ideal candidate for the GOP.

Now obviously he will need a vice presidential candidate that broaden his support electorally as a nominee, but I would like to focus on the Republican primaries at the moment. Most other main contenders only appeal to a few groups like Jeb Bush and Chris Christie (establishment, moderate) or Ted Cruz and Ben Carson (Tea Party, Christians). Others like Rand Paul (libertarians) and Mike Huckabee (Christians) only appeals to one group. Walker has himself situated between the Establishment and the Tea Party with libertarians and Christians not that far off.

Scott Walker has passed many conservative policies that go from taxes, spending, unions, abortion, and guns. He is from a swing state and being a governor has the advantage of executive experience. Usually Senate candidates like Marco Rubio have a less likely chance to win because they lack executive experience. I'm curious what everyone else thinks about who the ideal GOP candidate should be.

He's easily my second choice to Rubio. I'll vote for whichever one is more likely to win by my primary.
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2015 9:54:30 AM
At 7/14/2015 9:50:01 AM, TN05 wrote:

He's easily my second choice to Rubio. I'll vote for whichever one is more likely to win by my primary.

I legitimately think Rubio/Walker or Walker/Rubio is the ideal ticket for the GOP for the best coalition.

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2015 9:59:02 AM
At 7/14/2015 9:54:30 AM, 1Historygenius wrote:

I legitimately think Rubio/Walker or Walker/Rubio is the ideal ticket for the GOP for the best coalition.

I agree. They both are the most electable, both have similar policy agenda (Rubio is a bit more forward looking, Walker a bit more pragmatic), and it sort of unites the south and midwest in a ticket. I think that would dramatically increase the chances of winning a state like Wisconsin or even Minnesota.

I really, really like how Walker has been able to win every fight he's been in, legislatively or electorally. That's incredibly hard to pass up.
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2015 10:00:15 AM
At 7/14/2015 9:59:02 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 7/14/2015 9:54:30 AM, 1Historygenius wrote:

I agree. They both are the most electable, both have similar policy agenda (Rubio is a bit more forward looking, Walker a bit more pragmatic), and it sort of unites the south and midwest in a ticket. I think that would dramatically increase the chances of winning a state like Wisconsin or even Minnesota.

I really, really like how Walker has been able to win every fight he's been in, legislatively or electorally. That's incredibly hard to pass up.

I went to his announcement speech. I did not get in at first because it was filled to max capacity, but I did enter later and I was pumped! After all, Wisconsin deserves a president.

annaliese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 12:52:47 PM
*sigh* Yes, Scott Walker has a pretty good chance.
He's been governor of Wisconsin since 2011, and even won the recall election. Walker was quite thrilled (and made sure to let us know) because Wisconsin is a blue state.

He can be quite moderate, but also has many conservative values (which appeals to many groups and donors--such as the Koch brothers).

What really pushes my button is the new budget. With his nomination for president being so near, it's like Scott Walker and his republican cronies decided to add an extra scoop of conservative to the budget, and create over $300 million in cuts. The UW system will be in ruins. Yeah, road projects are so much more important than kids' educations. Walker basically eliminated the Alternative Minimum Tax, so wealthy people get a "break".

Yeah, he's the perfect candidate for the Republican primary.
Just my opinion.
I love the sound you make when you shut up.
https://www.youtube.com...