Jump to topic:

Why Does Obamas Birthplace Matter?

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 5:52:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
WHO GIVES A FLYING F***! I just heard Ann Coulter on the radio talking about the birth certificate issue.

Whoever thinks that's a serious issue needs their head examined. What about all the REAL issues; you know the ones that actually HAVE an impact?!
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 6:16:49 PM
Yea, it's silly. Zeitgeist is a birther. He said it once in a thread about how he felt Obama was Anti-American and wasn't born in America. I wouldn't doubt if he also thinks Obama is a muslim too.

Anyway, yea. People should be concerned about the issues that actually matter such as the wars(speaking of which, I think troops are finally being withdrawn from Iraq) and healthcare reform.
Yvette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 6:25:37 PM
There's apparently a weird psychological explanation for why people have such an issue with admitting he's just as American as anyone else. I mean, besides being sore losers and/or white supremacists. Apparently white Americans have a difficult time seeing non-whites as American, even when they can see obvious non-Americans (ie Brits) as American. Crazy, huh? To the average white American, American means "white". Explains a lot.
In the middle of moving to Washington. 8D

"If God does not exist, then chocolate causing cancer is only true for the society that has evidence for that." --GodSands
Yvette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 6:28:22 PM
On a side note, some of these birthers are freaking sick. I might be able to find the link if anyone wants, but I remember a forum (may have been a blog) about how supposedly circumcision was mandatory at the "false" time/place of his birth and that he should be required to show his nether regions to prove he's American. I mean, wow. Maybe another explanation is that some of these people are just threatened by the thing of their nightmares, the mythological gigantic black peen...

"If God does not exist, then chocolate causing cancer is only true for the society that has evidence for that." --GodSands
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 6:30:09 PM
At 8/19/2010 6:25:37 PM, Yvette wrote:
There's apparently a weird psychological explanation for why people have such an issue with admitting he's just as American as anyone else. I mean, besides being sore losers and/or white supremacists. Apparently white Americans have a difficult time seeing non-whites as American, even when they can see obvious non-Americans (ie Brits) as American. Crazy, huh? To the average white American, American means "white". Explains a lot.

not that weird. i am american, ergo american= like me= white=/= obama. its idiotic, sure, but perfectly understandable. soooooooo glad i live in california at times like this :P
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Yvette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 6:34:24 PM
At 8/19/2010 6:30:09 PM, belle wrote:

not that weird. i am american, ergo american= like me= white=/= obama. its idiotic, sure, but perfectly understandable. soooooooo glad i live in california at times like this :P

Yea, maybe that's it. I'm guessing where you live in Cali is really multicultural like where I'm at. You couldn't possibly grow up thinking "American=white" where I live.

belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 6:35:27 PM
At 8/19/2010 6:34:24 PM, Yvette wrote:
At 8/19/2010 6:30:09 PM, belle wrote:

Yea, maybe that's it. I'm guessing where you live in Cali is really multicultural like where I'm at. You couldn't possibly grow up thinking "American=white" where I live.

exactly
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 6:39:07 PM
At 8/19/2010 6:34:24 PM, Yvette wrote:

I live in a very non-multicultural area. Almost everybody here is white and christian. We have alot of fundamentalists too.
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 7:02:12 PM
At 8/19/2010 5:52:32 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
WHO GIVES A FLYING F***! I just heard Ann Coulter on the radio talking about the birth certificate issue.

Whoever thinks that's a serious issue needs their head examined. What about all the REAL issues; you know the ones that actually HAVE an impact?!

What if he was born in the Andromeda galaxy? o.O
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 7:08:56 PM
At 8/19/2010 7:02:12 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:

I would prefer that actually. No lineage or connections to the Illuminati.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 7:48:00 PM
At 8/19/2010 7:08:56 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Lol.

I don't really believe Yvette's theory at all. There's plenty of white folks that think the world of black Americans like MLK and etc. but think Obama is anti-American.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 7:49:45 PM
At 8/19/2010 7:48:00 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 8/19/2010 7:08:56 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Lol.

I don't really believe Yvette's theory at all. There's plenty of white folks that think the world of black Americans like MLK and etc. but think Obama is anti-American.

birthers though?
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 7:52:02 PM
At 8/19/2010 7:49:45 PM, belle wrote:
birthers though?

Birthers is another class of idiocy, but its true among the majority of Americans that even think this way in the slightest.
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 8:11:19 PM
Only losers still cry about whether or not Obama was actually born here.

That said, I think it may actually be an important rule. Someone who wasn't born here could have loyalty issues.
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 8:12:28 PM
At 8/19/2010 7:48:00 PM, Volkov wrote:
There's plenty of white folks that think the world of black Americans like MLK and etc.

huh?
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 8:15:37 PM
What is funny is when you hear someone call Obama a muslim and in the same sentence mention Reverend Wright.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 8:16:59 PM
At 8/19/2010 8:12:28 PM, LeafRod wrote:
huh?

Yeah, it may come as a surprise to left-wing white folks who believe every race is under the thumb of white people, thereby instituting their own brand of racism by trying to correct supposed wrongs that are often exaggerated to equal if not greater stupidity than what happens on the right, but there is a tonne of respect out there for MLK.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 9:02:46 PM
At 8/19/2010 8:11:19 PM, LeafRod wrote:
Only losers still cry about whether or not Obama was actually born here.

That said, I think it may actually be an important rule. Someone who wasn't born here could have loyalty issues.

Someone that was born here could have loyalty issues too. Where your born doesn't define who you are.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 9:07:06 PM
I find it kind of funny though... If the only thing that Republicans can't let go of, from the election, is his birthplace than I think he's doing alright... With that said, it still is annoying, pointless, dramatic and disappointing. Can we focus on what's happening now? There are some important issues that still need addressing, like.. Oh, I don't know... THE WAR?
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 9:08:50 PM
At 8/19/2010 9:07:06 PM, annhasle wrote:
I find it kind of funny though... If the only thing that Republicans can't let go of, from the election, is his birthplace than I think he's doing alright... With that said, it still is annoying, pointless, dramatic and disappointing. Can we focus on what's happening now? There are some important issues that still need addressing, like.. Oh, I don't know... THE WAR?

Actually, last I heard, the troops were being withdrawn from Iraq.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 9:10:15 PM
At 8/19/2010 9:08:50 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Well, they are shipping more troops to Afghanistan. And they just sent one of my cousins to Iraq for the third time. So I don't know what the hell is going on...
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 9:13:12 PM
At 8/19/2010 9:10:15 PM, annhasle wrote:

Well, they are shipping more troops to Afghanistan. And they just sent one of my cousins to Iraq for the third time. So I don't know what the hell is going on...

Ok, that is confusing. Wtf? I thought they were bringing all the troops back from Iraq.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 9:15:04 PM
At 8/19/2010 9:13:12 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/19/2010 9:10:15 PM, annhasle wrote:

Ok, that is confusing. Wtf? I thought they were bringing all the troops back from Iraq.

That was promised. But this is American politics... Nothing works out like promised.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 9:19:20 PM
At 8/19/2010 9:15:04 PM, annhasle wrote:

That was promised. But this is American politics... Nothing works out like promised.

True, true... -__-
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 9:22:38 PM
At 8/19/2010 9:19:20 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/19/2010 9:15:04 PM, annhasle wrote:

True, true... -__-

I don't know why they even bother campaigning... it's a bunch of BS anyways. Then again, I'm bitter because I have four cousins over there right now...
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 9:26:07 PM
At 8/19/2010 9:22:38 PM, annhasle wrote:

I don't know why they even bother campaigning... it's a bunch of BS anyways. Then again, I'm bitter because I have four cousins over there right now...

Yea, sucks for you then. :( I hope they're fine.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 9:28:19 PM
At 8/19/2010 9:26:07 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/19/2010 9:22:38 PM, annhasle wrote:

Yea, sucks for you then. :( I hope they're fine.

Yeah, they'll be okay. My family is extremely stubborn so even if one of them gets shot, they'll probably live through it just to piss of their Commanders. Plus, they've been prepped for the military since they were kids... It's a requirement for the men in my family to serve in a war, if one is happening. Lucky them.
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 9:28:48 PM
At 8/19/2010 8:16:59 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 8/19/2010 8:12:28 PM, LeafRod wrote:
huh?

Yeah, it may come as a surprise to left-wing white folks who believe every race is under the thumb of white people, thereby instituting their own brand of racism by trying to correct supposed wrongs that are often exaggerated to equal if not greater stupidity than what happens on the right, but there is a tonne of respect out there for MLK.

OH, sorry i just didn't recognize "think the world" as a phrase in that sense
Anarcho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 9:29:02 PM
At 8/19/2010 5:52:32 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

They just want any way to get him out of office. Obviously racism, you never heard them saying that stuff about Clinton.
InsertNameHere wrote: "If we evolved from apes then why are apes still around?

This is semi-serious btw. It's something that seems strange to me. You'd think that entire species would cease to exist if other ones evolved from them."

Anarcho wrote: *facepalm*