Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

Russia has invaded Georgia

smelisox
Posts: 850
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2015 2:24:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Russia has commandeered an oil pipe line in Georgia.

Is this finally the dawn of a new non-cold war between the West and Russia?
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,622
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2015 10:20:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
They have a disputed border. For there to be an "invasion", Russia would have to put troops beyond that border. All they've done is erected their view of what the markings should be.
Why?

DDO Risk King
PatriotPerson
Posts: 1,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2015 10:36:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/14/2015 9:24:23 PM, xus00HAY wrote:
Look, I have been to Georgia, if they want that state, they can have it!

Not the state, the country.
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,622
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2015 10:42:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/14/2015 10:36:41 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 7/14/2015 9:24:23 PM, xus00HAY wrote:
Look, I have been to Georgia, if they want that state, they can have it!

Not the state, the country.

Depends on how you define "state". He could have meant it as the synonym of "country".
Why?

DDO Risk King
boss1592
Posts: 80
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2015 11:54:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/14/2015 10:42:33 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 7/14/2015 10:36:41 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 7/14/2015 9:24:23 PM, xus00HAY wrote:
Look, I have been to Georgia, if they want that state, they can have it!

Not the state, the country.

Depends on how you define "state". He could have meant it as the synonym of "country".

I'm pretty sure he was making a joke actually
PatriotPerson
Posts: 1,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 1:04:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/14/2015 11:54:26 PM, boss1592 wrote:
At 7/14/2015 10:42:33 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 7/14/2015 10:36:41 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 7/14/2015 9:24:23 PM, xus00HAY wrote:
Look, I have been to Georgia, if they want that state, they can have it!

Not the state, the country.

Depends on how you define "state". He could have meant it as the synonym of "country".

I'm pretty sure he was making a joke actually

Well who knows
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
lannan13
Posts: 23,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2015 7:49:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/14/2015 2:24:26 PM, smelisox wrote:
Russia has commandeered an oil pipe line in Georgia.


Is this finally the dawn of a new non-cold war between the West and Russia?

Not really. There's an Independent part of Georgia that Russia a few other nations recognize, so in Russia's eyes, it's not Georgia.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
Emilrose
Posts: 5,066
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2015 8:09:20 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Oh, and Russia is a 'big' boy as well--lucky Georgia.
At 10/20/2017 7:26:10 PM, Zarroette wrote: If I met you irl, I'd keep well away from you. We're talking restraining-order levels of distance. I'd call the police to quarantine you, so that your presence couldn't spread too far.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2015 8:11:24 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/14/2015 10:20:28 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
They have a disputed border. For there to be an "invasion", Russia would have to put troops beyond that border. All they've done is erected their view of what the markings should be.

Just like they haven't "invaded" the Ukraine either. Just slowly taking territory a few meters at a time. Totally not an invasion. What do you call it when troops go beyond "that border" and make a new one. I guess you're right, they were only beyond that border for a few minutes before they put up a new fence and then it wasn't the border anymore.

It's attitudes like this that are going to allow Russia to slowly absorb everything form the former USSR. They're being smart and patient and playing on these sentiments. They've been eating territory like this for years now but no one cares because its not an "invasion".

I think you'd care if your neighbor slowly took a few feet of your property in your yard for years until they own your house, wouldn't you?

http://www.theguardian.com...
http://www.eurasianet.org...
The wise have eyes in their heads, while the fool walks in the darkness; but I came to realizethat the same fate overtakes them both.
Then I said to myself,
"The fate of the fool will overtake me also.
What then do I gain by being wise?"
I said to myself, "This too is meaningless."
For the wise, like the fool, will not be long remembered;
the days have already come when both have been forgotten.
Like the fool, the wise too must die!
- Ecclesiastes 2:14-16
smelisox
Posts: 850
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 9:16:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/16/2015 8:11:24 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/14/2015 10:20:28 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
They have a disputed border. For there to be an "invasion", Russia would have to put troops beyond that border. All they've done is erected their view of what the markings should be.

Just like they haven't "invaded" the Ukraine either. Just slowly taking territory a few meters at a time. Totally not an invasion. What do you call it when troops go beyond "that border" and make a new one. I guess you're right, they were only beyond that border for a few minutes before they put up a new fence and then it wasn't the border anymore.

It's attitudes like this that are going to allow Russia to slowly absorb everything form the former USSR. They're being smart and patient and playing on these sentiments. They've been eating territory like this for years now but no one cares because its not an "invasion".

I think you'd care if your neighbor slowly took a few feet of your property in your yard for years until they own your house, wouldn't you?

http://www.theguardian.com...
http://www.eurasianet.org...

Looks like the size of a small country, their chunk.

http://puu.sh...
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 9:31:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Have no fear!!!
Mirza will tell America, and I'm sure other nations, what, how, and why we should do what he tells us. We don't need to worry, because Mirza knows best. Just like the Republicans - they always know what's best for others.
My work here is, finally, done.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 10:09:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2015 9:16:51 AM, smelisox wrote:
At 7/16/2015 8:11:24 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/14/2015 10:20:28 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
They have a disputed border. For there to be an "invasion", Russia would have to put troops beyond that border. All they've done is erected their view of what the markings should be.

Just like they haven't "invaded" the Ukraine either. Just slowly taking territory a few meters at a time. Totally not an invasion. What do you call it when troops go beyond "that border" and make a new one. I guess you're right, they were only beyond that border for a few minutes before they put up a new fence and then it wasn't the border anymore.

It's attitudes like this that are going to allow Russia to slowly absorb everything form the former USSR. They're being smart and patient and playing on these sentiments. They've been eating territory like this for years now but no one cares because its not an "invasion".

I think you'd care if your neighbor slowly took a few feet of your property in your yard for years until they own your house, wouldn't you?

http://www.theguardian.com...
http://www.eurasianet.org...

Looks like the size of a small country, their chunk.

http://puu.sh...

It is, it's called South Ossetia. It is a small country now under the control of the Russians.
The wise have eyes in their heads, while the fool walks in the darkness; but I came to realizethat the same fate overtakes them both.
Then I said to myself,
"The fate of the fool will overtake me also.
What then do I gain by being wise?"
I said to myself, "This too is meaningless."
For the wise, like the fool, will not be long remembered;
the days have already come when both have been forgotten.
Like the fool, the wise too must die!
- Ecclesiastes 2:14-16
smelisox
Posts: 850
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 10:28:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2015 10:09:22 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/19/2015 9:16:51 AM, smelisox wrote:
At 7/16/2015 8:11:24 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/14/2015 10:20:28 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
They have a disputed border. For there to be an "invasion", Russia would have to put troops beyond that border. All they've done is erected their view of what the markings should be.

Just like they haven't "invaded" the Ukraine either. Just slowly taking territory a few meters at a time. Totally not an invasion. What do you call it when troops go beyond "that border" and make a new one. I guess you're right, they were only beyond that border for a few minutes before they put up a new fence and then it wasn't the border anymore.

It's attitudes like this that are going to allow Russia to slowly absorb everything form the former USSR. They're being smart and patient and playing on these sentiments. They've been eating territory like this for years now but no one cares because its not an "invasion".

I think you'd care if your neighbor slowly took a few feet of your property in your yard for years until they own your house, wouldn't you?

http://www.theguardian.com...
http://www.eurasianet.org...

Looks like the size of a small country, their chunk.

http://puu.sh...

It is, it's called South Ossetia. It is a small country now under the control of the Russians.

So they invaded a country and... We don't give a sh-t?

Who does that remind me of.... Short guy.... Charlie Chaplin moustache....

Oh yes. That's exactly like Hitler's appeasement. Why haven't we called Russia out on this?
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,962
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 8:15:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/14/2015 2:24:26 PM, smelisox wrote:
Russia has commandeered an oil pipe line in Georgia.


Is this finally the dawn of a new non-cold war between the West and Russia?

Gl0ri0us Mother Rossiya strikes again!
DDO Discord Link:
https://discordapp.com...