Jump to topic:

Obama's Legacy?

Gmork
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2015 10:10:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The Iran deal is being referred to as Obama's Legacy. Why is this? Who started this term? Frankly, I'd assume his legacy would be that of being the first African American president and/or the Affordable Care Act, aka Obamacare. Do people consider Nixon's legacy to open relations with USSR?

I ask because I turned on the talk radio for the first time in three years and the station for the right was bashing Obama for being narcissistic for having a legacy, and unrelated, the station for the left outright called Republicans, not the party but those that align themselves, as white supremacists. Quite depressing that this drivel is considered news or entertainment. I couldn't listen to more than five minutes of either station.
Gmork
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2015 1:58:41 PM
At 7/16/2015 1:29:40 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
A president's legacy is not for what they do, but what the public remembers.

And a temporary deal with Iran is more memorable than healthcare or being first? And, this doesn't answer my question as to who is saying this, because I'm seeing it everywhere. Who initially called it his legacy?
Oreo222
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2015 9:27:01 PM
You're asking quite the question of who said it was his legacy. I don't think anyone on this site really knows.
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2015 6:07:03 PM
Obama's legacy in my opinion will be mainly for his diplomatic ventures. Normalizing relations with Cuba and Iran [to an extent] now, that's quite a bit more than what other presidents have done.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
komododragon8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2015 6:18:34 PM
At 7/16/2015 10:10:31 AM, Gmork wrote:
The Iran deal is being referred to as Obama's Legacy. Why is this? Who started this term? Frankly, I'd assume his legacy would be that of being the first African American president and/or the Affordable Care Act, aka Obamacare. Do people consider Nixon's legacy to open relations with USSR?

I ask because I turned on the talk radio for the first time in three years and the station for the right was bashing Obama for being narcissistic for having a legacy, and unrelated, the station for the left outright called Republicans, not the party but those that align themselves, as white supremacists. Quite depressing that this drivel is considered news or entertainment. I couldn't listen to more than five minutes of either station.

I can think of many things that will be part of his legacy. These things include Obamacare, the killing of Osama Bin Laden, Starting the normalization of relations with Cuba, the Iran Deal (to some extant), Overseeing the economic comeback from the recession. There are probably going to be more but I cant think of them off the top of my head.
smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 1:25:00 AM
His legacy will be gone when the earth ends it's life in 4 billion years in any case.