Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

The SPLC is the real hate group.

mystery_man43
Posts: 68
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2015 1:11:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Human Events posted an amazing article on why the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is the real hate group. Read here: http://humanevents.com...
I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born." - Ronald Reagan
Varrack
Posts: 2,410
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2015 7:50:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/16/2015 1:11:24 PM, mystery_man43 wrote:
Human Events posted an amazing article on why the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is the real hate group. Read here: http://humanevents.com...

Interesting. I didn't know much about the SPLC until now.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2015 8:09:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I assume you're one of those people that believe the Family Research Council to be a legitimate organization?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
j50wells
Posts: 345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2015 8:10:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I agree with the article. The SPLC has been put on lists of organizations to be watched. It's message is not backed up by our Constitutional beliefs, and does not represent Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.
SPLC loves free speech that represents their viewpoint, but hates speech that does not. Its support of Hate Crimes legislation proves that it has a twisted view of common law. While Hate Crimes legislation is meant to curtail crimes against certain races and minorities just because they are a minority, SPLC wants any and all negativity towards certain groups to be considered a crime. This would include free speech rights. SPLC is arrogant to believe that they can say whatever they want to say about certain people or groups, but if someone says something that they don't agree with, then they will want to prosecute.
Dobson has every right to say whatever he wants to say about gays, just as long as he doesn't threaten them. Lock and Jefferson made if very clear that free speech is mandatory in any free nation, as long as that speech doesn't violate anyone else's freedom. Guess what, SPLC, Gays are still free, no matter what Dobson says. Dobson can't lock them up, nor can he threaten to lock them up. He can't even threaten to spank them, which I imagine is something he wonders about as he ponders about a gays child-hood and how their parents probably didn't spank them enough. And that's okay. It's his opinion. And anyone can have their opinions. Generally we don't worry about opinions as long as it doesn't involve roasting Jews in ovens, or burning blacks on crosses.
But you know what, SPLC, there have been a lot of threats against whites in the last couple of years, and yet you say nothing of this. Why is that? I'll tell you why. It's because you are a Communist run organization. I have traced your history, SPLC, and I know who started you and who has worked for you in the past. You are Socialist. You don't like free speech, nor do you like John Locke. In fact you hate it all because a government run economy can't allow for freedom and the pursuit of happiness. You, SPLC, have enslaved yourself to the rotten apple of tyranny. You have wrapped it in a neat little package called Progressivism. You have hired your pretty people to proclaim your message because people are easily seduced by pretty people, and they would never suspect that charming pretty people are capable of murder and horrible bloodshed. But Mau was a pretty and charming person, and yet he murdered and butchered tens of millions of people. And yes, SPLC, we know that's where your doctrines will lead the nation, because you are the real hate group. You murderously hate any and all groups that do not follow you to your so called socialist utopia. And you will murder and imprison many innocent people for crimes that are not crimes, but are fictional crimes that you, SPLC, will make up. This is always the way socialism and tyranny has worked. They are the real hate group.
j50wells
Posts: 345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2015 8:13:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
In America, sir, all organizations are legitimate provided they don't threaten bodily harm. You don't just get to pick and choose which organization should be legitimate based on your own viewpoints.
Fly
Posts: 2,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2015 8:25:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Next time you post "an amazing article," I'll know not to get my hopes up...
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 1:02:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/16/2015 8:10:05 PM, j50wells wrote:
[snipped for being asinine]
The SPLC includes minority hate groups as well so I don't see your point.
http://www.splcenter.org...
http://www.splcenter.org...
http://www.splcenter.org...
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
mystery_man43
Posts: 68
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 4:08:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/16/2015 8:09:54 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I assume you're one of those people that believe the Family Research Council to be a legitimate organization?
Well, you assumed correctly. What reasons do you have to think otherwise?
I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born." - Ronald Reagan
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 4:11:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/17/2015 1:02:06 AM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 7/16/2015 8:10:05 PM, j50wells wrote:
[snipped for being asinine]
The SPLC includes minority hate groups as well so I don't see your point.
http://www.splcenter.org...
http://www.splcenter.org...
http://www.splcenter.org...

Stop being reasonable.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Death23
Posts: 781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 6:29:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/17/2015 4:08:10 PM, mystery_man43 wrote:
At 7/16/2015 8:09:54 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I assume you're one of those people that believe the Family Research Council to be a legitimate organization?
Well, you assumed correctly. What reasons do you have to think otherwise?

The homos are gonna get you.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,072
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 6:34:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/16/2015 8:09:54 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I assume you're one of those people that believe the Family Research Council to be a legitimate organization?

FRC's about as legit as the SPLC.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Daltonian
Posts: 4,797
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2015 9:26:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/17/2015 6:34:16 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 7/16/2015 8:09:54 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I assume you're one of those people that believe the Family Research Council to be a legitimate organization?

FRC's about as legit as the SPLC.
No. The SPLC does real work to counteract all sorts of hate groups and help real like victims achieve the protection and compensation they deserve, even if you may disagree with some of their assessments. They've achieved major victories against anti-gay groups like the WBC, white extremist groups, and other extremely detestable hate groups with the larger objective of helping persons who were once subject to victimization.

Contrasted with that, The FRC is a politically motivated interest/hate group that is grossly manipulative and hypocritical, serving no purpose aside from pushing out propaganda and animosity. There is a serious difference in the effect that each group has on society and where each group's broader interest and objective lies.

Really, I shouldn't even have posted in this thread; because even the mere suggestion that a group like the SPLC and the FRC are on the same level is absurd.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,072
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2015 9:53:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/18/2015 9:26:25 AM, Daltonian wrote:
At 7/17/2015 6:34:16 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 7/16/2015 8:09:54 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I assume you're one of those people that believe the Family Research Council to be a legitimate organization?

FRC's about as legit as the SPLC.
No. The SPLC does real work to counteract all sorts of hate groups and help real like victims achieve the protection and compensation they deserve, even if you may disagree with some of their assessments. They've achieved major victories against anti-gay groups like the WBC, white extremist groups, and other extremely detestable hate groups with the larger objective of helping persons who were once subject to victimization.

Contrasted with that, The FRC is a politically motivated interest/hate group that is grossly manipulative and hypocritical, serving no purpose aside from pushing out propaganda and animosity. There is a serious difference in the effect that each group has on society and where each group's broader interest and objective lies.

Really, I shouldn't even have posted in this thread; because even the mere suggestion that a group like the SPLC and the FRC are on the same level is absurd.

That's your bias talking. Liberals tend to go "our research is legit, conservative research is fraudulent", but there really is no reason to think that. To automatically assume this is intellectually dishonest.
Also, they aren't a hate group.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,072
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2015 10:11:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The SPLC may have done some things that are undeniably good. However, their bashing of the FRC reveals the organization's true colors as a propaganda machine for the Democratic Party, kind of like the HuffPo.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Daltonian
Posts: 4,797
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2015 8:20:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/18/2015 9:53:37 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 7/18/2015 9:26:25 AM, Daltonian wrote:
At 7/17/2015 6:34:16 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 7/16/2015 8:09:54 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I assume you're one of those people that believe the Family Research Council to be a legitimate organization?

FRC's about as legit as the SPLC.
No. The SPLC does real work to counteract all sorts of hate groups and help real like victims achieve the protection and compensation they deserve, even if you may disagree with some of their assessments. They've achieved major victories against anti-gay groups like the WBC, white extremist groups, and other extremely detestable hate groups with the larger objective of helping persons who were once subject to victimization.

Contrasted with that, The FRC is a politically motivated interest/hate group that is grossly manipulative and hypocritical, serving no purpose aside from pushing out propaganda and animosity. There is a serious difference in the effect that each group has on society and where each group's broader interest and objective lies.

Really, I shouldn't even have posted in this thread; because even the mere suggestion that a group like the SPLC and the FRC are on the same level is absurd.

That's your bias talking. Liberals tend to go "our research is legit, conservative research is fraudulent", but there really is no reason to think that. To automatically assume this is intellectually dishonest.
Also, they aren't a hate group.
Well, the fact that you think the SPLC is a group that specializes in research speaks to the fact that you don't know what you're talking about. Ironically enough, that characterization of the SPLC is intellectually dishonest.

The SPLC is a legal advocacy group that has - historically - litigated against extremist hate groups and defended the victims of hate crimes. It helped pioneer the legal fight not only against countless racist and extremist groups (the KKK amongst them), but against extremist groups of all kinds; including black separatists, neo-nazis, and of course, anti-gay hate groups. Without the existence of the SPLC, America would be a more nightmarish place for historically oppressed minorities within the nation; it is a group that strives to advocate for real victims of real, and very horrible, crimes.

The FRC, in contrast, appears like a stain upon the fabric of American society. It serves no purpose beyond spouting homophobic rhetoric and far-right propaganda. They don't care about protecting victims, or helping people who are struggling, or joining in some sort of fight against hatred and intolerance. They care about being able to manipulate to advance their political agenda, and that's it.

Thus, as the SPLC does not produce 'research', your fallacy is not only wrong; but irrelevant.

Really, for anyone in the USA who is part of a minority a group and benefits from the legal decisions and protections that the SPLC has won on their behalf, likening the two should come across as incredibly threatening and offensive.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,072
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2015 9:24:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/18/2015 8:20:44 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 7/18/2015 9:53:37 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 7/18/2015 9:26:25 AM, Daltonian wrote:
At 7/17/2015 6:34:16 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 7/16/2015 8:09:54 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I assume you're one of those people that believe the Family Research Council to be a legitimate organization?

FRC's about as legit as the SPLC.
No. The SPLC does real work to counteract all sorts of hate groups and help real like victims achieve the protection and compensation they deserve, even if you may disagree with some of their assessments. They've achieved major victories against anti-gay groups like the WBC, white extremist groups, and other extremely detestable hate groups with the larger objective of helping persons who were once subject to victimization.

Contrasted with that, The FRC is a politically motivated interest/hate group that is grossly manipulative and hypocritical, serving no purpose aside from pushing out propaganda and animosity. There is a serious difference in the effect that each group has on society and where each group's broader interest and objective lies.

Really, I shouldn't even have posted in this thread; because even the mere suggestion that a group like the SPLC and the FRC are on the same level is absurd.

That's your bias talking. Liberals tend to go "our research is legit, conservative research is fraudulent", but there really is no reason to think that. To automatically assume this is intellectually dishonest.
Also, they aren't a hate group.
Well, the fact that you think the SPLC is a group that specializes in research speaks to the fact that you don't know what you're talking about. Ironically enough, that characterization of the SPLC is intellectually dishonest.

The SPLC is a legal advocacy group that has - historically - litigated against extremist hate groups and defended the victims of hate crimes. It helped pioneer the legal fight not only against countless racist and extremist groups (the KKK amongst them), but against extremist groups of all kinds; including black separatists, neo-nazis, and of course, anti-gay hate groups. Without the existence of the SPLC, America would be a more nightmarish place for historically oppressed minorities within the nation; it is a group that strives to advocate for real victims of real, and very horrible, crimes.

The FRC, in contrast, appears like a stain upon the fabric of American society. It serves no purpose beyond spouting homophobic rhetoric and far-right propaganda. They don't care about protecting victims, or helping people who are struggling, or joining in some sort of fight against hatred and intolerance. They care about being able to manipulate to advance their political agenda, and that's it.

Thus, as the SPLC does not produce 'research', your fallacy is not only wrong; but irrelevant.

Really, for anyone in the USA who is part of a minority a group and benefits from the legal decisions and protections that the SPLC has won on their behalf, likening the two should come across as incredibly threatening and offensive.

I did not say that the SPLC is a research group; nor did I initially think that it was.
What I meant was that you likely think groups like the FRC and other Conservative groups that release studies are intellectually dishonest groups that spout pseudoscience while their Liberal counterparts release trustworthy reports. I disagree with that assessment strongly; there is absolutely no valid reason to think that the Conservatives are lying and the Liberals are telling the truth. They should be considered on equal footing; but they're not.
If the SPLC was a non-partisan organization, it would be relatively impartial. It would be largely neutral towards the existence of the FRC (though maybe with a little criticism). Instead, they ignore Liberal organizations (other than blatant crazies like the Black Panthers, of course) and go straight towards bashing the FRC and branding it a "hate group". It does the exact same for many other Conservative groups. The playing field is not level because Conservatives and Liberals are not portrayed in the same manner by organizations that are supposed to be impartial. Such an organization is to be considered Liberal and, as a result, in the same boat as the FRC, though the functions of the two organizations differ. I will not apologize for the comparison, though a more fitting comparison would be to the Alliance Defending Freedom.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid