Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

Is Donald Trump Autistic?

daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 7:38:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I don't mean to demean Autism. It's a serious disease, and I don't wish it on anyone. It's terrible.

However...

With the way Donald Trump is acting, could it be described as autism? With the things he says, how he says them, and how he responds to people? I wouldn't be surprised, honestly.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
n7
Posts: 1,360
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 10:06:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/19/2015 7:38:34 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
I don't mean to demean Autism. It's a serious disease, and I don't wish it on anyone. It's terrible.

However...

With the way Donald Trump is acting, could it be described as autism? With the things he says, how he says them, and how he responds to people? I wouldn't be surprised, honestly.
Examples?
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.


Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 10:24:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/19/2015 10:06:04 AM, n7 wrote:
At 7/19/2015 7:38:34 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
I don't mean to demean Autism. It's a serious disease, and I don't wish it on anyone. It's terrible.

However...

With the way Donald Trump is acting, could it be described as autism? With the things he says, how he says them, and how he responds to people? I wouldn't be surprised, honestly.
Examples?

Some behavioral symptoms of autism:
Aggression
Compulsive Behavior
Impulsivity
Irritability
Meaningless repetition of own words
Persistent repetition of words or actions

Donald Trump displays ALL of these symptoms at various points. He admitted in court that he inflates his said net worth depending on how he feels, he replies to everyone who criticizes him instead of ignoring it, he refuses to back down from anything he says, no matter how obviously wrong it is(McCain), has light switch(love/hate) relationships that flip in short periods of time, and he keeps describing how he's rich.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
smelisox
Posts: 850
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 10:27:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Autists can't empathise, which is perfectly shown in his hate of anyone who is not a white american.
n7
Posts: 1,360
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 10:36:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/19/2015 10:24:30 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 7/19/2015 10:06:04 AM, n7 wrote:
At 7/19/2015 7:38:34 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
I don't mean to demean Autism. It's a serious disease, and I don't wish it on anyone. It's terrible.

However...

With the way Donald Trump is acting, could it be described as autism? With the things he says, how he says them, and how he responds to people? I wouldn't be surprised, honestly.
Examples?

Some behavioral symptoms of autism:
Aggression
Compulsive Behavior
Impulsivity
Irritability
Meaningless repetition of own words
Persistent repetition of words or actions

Donald Trump displays ALL of these symptoms at various points. He admitted in court that he inflates his said net worth depending on how he feels, he replies to everyone who criticizes him instead of ignoring it, he refuses to back down from anything he says, no matter how obviously wrong it is(McCain), has light switch(love/hate) relationships that flip in short periods of time, and he keeps describing how he's rich.

There are personality types that mirror autistic behavior like that, but aren't the same thing.

Autistic people have problems understanding the emotional states of people, if you can find an example where Trump is doing that, you'd have a convincing case.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.


Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 10:41:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/19/2015 10:36:22 AM, n7 wrote:
At 7/19/2015 10:24:30 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 7/19/2015 10:06:04 AM, n7 wrote:
At 7/19/2015 7:38:34 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
I don't mean to demean Autism. It's a serious disease, and I don't wish it on anyone. It's terrible.

However...

With the way Donald Trump is acting, could it be described as autism? With the things he says, how he says them, and how he responds to people? I wouldn't be surprised, honestly.
Examples?

Some behavioral symptoms of autism:
Aggression
Compulsive Behavior
Impulsivity
Irritability
Meaningless repetition of own words
Persistent repetition of words or actions

Donald Trump displays ALL of these symptoms at various points. He admitted in court that he inflates his said net worth depending on how he feels, he replies to everyone who criticizes him instead of ignoring it, he refuses to back down from anything he says, no matter how obviously wrong it is(McCain), has light switch(love/hate) relationships that flip in short periods of time, and he keeps describing how he's rich.

There are personality types that mirror autistic behavior like that, but aren't the same thing.

Autistic people have problems understanding the emotional states of people, if you can find an example where Trump is doing that, you'd have a convincing case.

You could argue that 'The Apprentice' was an exercise in that, especially in the boardroom scenes.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 10:45:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/19/2015 10:41:59 AM, daytonanerd wrote:

You could argue that 'The Apprentice' was an exercise in that, especially in the boardroom scenes.

I'd argue that reality TV is BS, and nothing is what it seems, due to editing and acting, so, I'm not sure that is a good example.
My work here is, finally, done.
Sidewalker
Posts: 3,713
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 7:46:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/19/2015 7:38:34 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
I don't mean to demean Autism. It's a serious disease, and I don't wish it on anyone. It's terrible.

However...

With the way Donald Trump is acting, could it be described as autism? With the things he says, how he says them, and how he responds to people? I wouldn't be surprised, honestly.

No way, he's probably suffering from Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD), but he doesn't exhibit any signs of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).

Autism and a$$hole are two completely different things, please don't confuse the two.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,079
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 8:07:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Not necessarily. There are people who are fixed on a single issue (or several issues), and they preach the same message over and over again to forward that viewpoint. That doesn't make them autistic. Billy Graham's daily newspaper column has essentially said the same thing for as long as I remember it existing, using many of the same phrases a lot; that doesn't make Billy Graham autistic. Again, obsession does not necessarily mean autism.
Another sign of autism is a reluctance to look at people. Has Donald Trump demonstrated this behavior?
Another sign of it is anti-social behaviour. Has Donald Trump demonstrated this?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2015 4:10:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/19/2015 10:45:53 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 7/19/2015 10:41:59 AM, daytonanerd wrote:

You could argue that 'The Apprentice' was an exercise in that, especially in the boardroom scenes.

I'd argue that reality TV is BS, and nothing is what it seems, due to editing and acting, so, I'm not sure that is a good example.

We finally have a good example about his emotional disconnect:

http://www.cnn.com...
#FeeltheFreezerBern
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2015 5:39:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/19/2015 7:38:34 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
I don't mean to demean Autism. It's a serious disease, and I don't wish it on anyone. It's terrible.

However...

With the way Donald Trump is acting, could it be described as autism? With the things he says, how he says them, and how he responds to people? I wouldn't be surprised, honestly.

1) I'm think autism is chronically misdiagnosed. Just because people act differently does not warrant the classification of a mental illness. For children, it could simply mean that they would be amenable to different teaching techniques.

2) Donald Trump is an expert at manipulating the media to get it to do what he wants it to do. Regardless of your personal feelings about Donald Trump, he is leading in the polls. Whatever he is doing is appealing to a significant demographic in America, and given that he is doing this as a would-be politician, he is obviously doing something right.

I don't take his candidacy seriously (at all) and think he's actually working for Hillary Clinton's campaign...but I cannot deny that he is currently extremely effective at doing what a politician is supposed to do...galvanize a base and get it to vote for you.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2015 5:42:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/29/2015 4:10:53 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 7/19/2015 10:45:53 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 7/19/2015 10:41:59 AM, daytonanerd wrote:

You could argue that 'The Apprentice' was an exercise in that, especially in the boardroom scenes.

I'd argue that reality TV is BS, and nothing is what it seems, due to editing and acting, so, I'm not sure that is a good example.

We finally have a good example about his emotional disconnect:

http://www.cnn.com...

A lot of people think that breastfeeding is something that should be handled discreetly. Your point doesn't really demonstrate anything other than you considering breastfeeding to be more about emotion than anything else.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2015 5:44:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/29/2015 5:39:21 PM, wrichcirw wrote:

1) [I] think autism is chronically misdiagnosed.

lol...corrected.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 12:50:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/19/2015 7:38:34 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
I don't mean to demean Autism. It's a serious disease, and I don't wish it on anyone. It's terrible.

However...

With the way Donald Trump is acting, could it be described as autism? With the things he says, how he says them, and how he responds to people? I wouldn't be surprised, honestly.

Trump is under the impression that any press is good press. Recently Trump has recieved loads of attention earning him name recognition, insulting latinos has given him support from moderates who are sincerely concerned about the issue. NOw would I vote for that assh*le, no. But he has been playing his cards relatively well considering.
fazz
Posts: 1,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 12:58:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/19/2015 7:38:34 AM, daytonanerd wrote:

With the way Donald Trump is acting, could it be described as autism?

Maybe he is Paris HIltons dad.
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 5:57:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/29/2015 5:39:21 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 7/19/2015 7:38:34 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
I don't mean to demean Autism. It's a serious disease, and I don't wish it on anyone. It's terrible.

However...

With the way Donald Trump is acting, could it be described as autism? With the things he says, how he says them, and how he responds to people? I wouldn't be surprised, honestly.

1) I'm think autism is chronically misdiagnosed. Just because people act differently does not warrant the classification of a mental illness. For children, it could simply mean that they would be amenable to different teaching techniques.
This was my first reaction. Conceptions of mental illness are so ridiculously culturally-biased that they're pretty useless when making value judgements.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz

"No aspect of your facial structure suggests Filipino descent."
~ YYW
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 7:19:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/29/2015 4:10:53 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
We finally have a good example about his emotional disconnect:

http://www.cnn.com...

I can't believe you bought the bs from Communist News Network. He was up against a combative lawyer who was giving him hell and after being fully compensated for special breaks for her needs, she still decided to do the beast pump in the courtroom to buy time to build her case.

This is just like The Daily Beast hit piece falsely accusing Trump of raping his then wife despite the fact that his ex-wife said the story was completely without merit. She denied it then and denied it now and says Donald is a great loving father who would make a great President.

Meanwhile slick Willy Bill Clinton gets away with multiple rapes, affairs, flying around on a private jet with a pedophile to go to a private sex island with underage girls.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 8:26:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/30/2015 7:19:57 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 7/29/2015 4:10:53 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
We finally have a good example about his emotional disconnect:

http://www.cnn.com...

I can't believe you bought the bs from Communist News Network. He was up against a combative lawyer who was giving him hell and after being fully compensated for special breaks for her needs, she still decided to do the beast pump in the courtroom to buy time to build her case.

This is just like The Daily Beast hit piece falsely accusing Trump of raping his then wife despite the fact that his ex-wife said the story was completely without merit. She denied it then and denied it now and says Donald is a great loving father who would make a great President.

Meanwhile slick Willy Bill Clinton gets away with multiple rapes, affairs, flying around on a private jet with a pedophile to go to a private sex island with underage girls.

wtf are you talking about
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 12:38:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/30/2015 7:19:57 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 7/29/2015 4:10:53 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
We finally have a good example about his emotional disconnect:

http://www.cnn.com...

I can't believe you bought the bs from Communist News Network. He was up against a combative lawyer who was giving him hell and after being fully compensated for special breaks for her needs, she still decided to do the beast pump in the courtroom to buy time to build her case.

This is just like The Daily Beast hit piece falsely accusing Trump of raping his then wife despite the fact that his ex-wife said the story was completely without merit. She denied it then and denied it now and says Donald is a great loving father who would make a great President.

Meanwhile slick Willy Bill Clinton gets away with multiple rapes, affairs, flying around on a private jet with a pedophile to go to a private sex island with underage girls.

I find it hilarious that the first time I see you in a very long time, you sport a picture of Tronald Dump.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?