Total Posts:70|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Islamic Finance

Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2010 2:36:59 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/21/2010 2:28:56 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
And here's another website on a different economic viewpoint. Browse at your leisure. http://mises.org...
Thanks for the... unnecessary comment. And read up if you are interested.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2010 5:14:13 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/21/2010 2:28:56 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
And here's another website on a different economic viewpoint. Browse at your leisure. http://mises.org...

Lol, since when were you a libertarian? Isn't that a libertarian Laissez-Faire branch of economics?
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 12:47:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/21/2010 5:14:13 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/21/2010 2:28:56 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
And here's another website on a different economic viewpoint. Browse at your leisure. http://mises.org...

Lol, since when were you a libertarian? Isn't that a libertarian Laissez-Faire branch of economics?

I said I supported every idea on that website where? I gave him link to mises far more reputable that his website at any rate.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:00:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/22/2010 12:47:38 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
I said I supported every idea on that website where? I gave him link to mises far more reputable that his website at any rate.
Tell me why, thank you. The website explains very well why Islamic finance is a good thing that we need in the world. Either read it or ignore it.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:09:30 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/22/2010 1:00:05 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 8/22/2010 12:47:38 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
I said I supported every idea on that website where? I gave him link to mises far more reputable that his website at any rate.
Tell me why, thank you. The website explains very well why Islamic finance is a good thing that we need in the world. Either read it or ignore it.

It's an actually an Institute. http://en.wikipedia.org...

Yours isn't.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:11:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/22/2010 1:09:30 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 8/22/2010 1:00:05 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 8/22/2010 12:47:38 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
I said I supported every idea on that website where? I gave him link to mises far more reputable that his website at any rate.
Tell me why, thank you. The website explains very well why Islamic finance is a good thing that we need in the world. Either read it or ignore it.

It's an actually an Institute. http://en.wikipedia.org...

Yours isn't.
What has that got to do with Islamic finance?
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:15:06 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/22/2010 1:11:07 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 8/22/2010 1:09:30 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 8/22/2010 1:00:05 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 8/22/2010 12:47:38 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
I said I supported every idea on that website where? I gave him link to mises far more reputable that his website at any rate.
Tell me why, thank you. The website explains very well why Islamic finance is a good thing that we need in the world. Either read it or ignore it.

It's an actually an Institute. http://en.wikipedia.org...

Yours isn't.
What has that got to do with Islamic finance?

My website is better, and more reliable. Just saying.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:18:40 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/22/2010 1:15:06 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 8/22/2010 1:11:07 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 8/22/2010 1:09:30 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 8/22/2010 1:00:05 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 8/22/2010 12:47:38 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
I said I supported every idea on that website where? I gave him link to mises far more reputable that his website at any rate.
Tell me why, thank you. The website explains very well why Islamic finance is a good thing that we need in the world. Either read it or ignore it.

It's an actually an Institute. http://en.wikipedia.org...

Yours isn't.
What has that got to do with Islamic finance?

My website is better, and more reliable. Just saying.
Why is it better? Your arguments are void now.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:19:48 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/22/2010 1:18:40 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 8/22/2010 1:15:06 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 8/22/2010 1:11:07 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 8/22/2010 1:09:30 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 8/22/2010 1:00:05 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 8/22/2010 12:47:38 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
I said I supported every idea on that website where? I gave him link to mises far more reputable that his website at any rate.
Tell me why, thank you. The website explains very well why Islamic finance is a good thing that we need in the world. Either read it or ignore it.

It's an actually an Institute. http://en.wikipedia.org...

Yours isn't.
What has that got to do with Islamic finance?

My website is better, and more reliable. Just saying.
Why is it better? Your arguments are void now.

I just explained, it's part of an actual institute. Argument from authority.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:21:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/22/2010 1:19:48 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
I just explained, it's part of an actual institute. Argument from authority.
Too nonsensical. It is a website of information. Yours has nothing to do with Islamic finance.

http://www.islamic-finance.com...

It seems like you missed that part (or 99.95% of all parts).
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:24:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/22/2010 1:21:14 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 8/22/2010 1:19:48 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
I just explained, it's part of an actual institute. Argument from authority.
Too nonsensical. It is a website of information. Yours has nothing to do with Islamic finance.

http://www.islamic-finance.com...

It seems like you missed that part (or 99.95% of all parts).

No, it's not nonsensical. It's part of an actual institute on economics. "The Ludwig von Mises Institute (LvMI), based in Auburn, Alabama, is a libertarian academic organization engaged in research and scholarship in the fields of economics, philosophy and political economy." - http://en.wikipedia.org...

Now, what credentials does Islamic-finance.com have?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:27:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/22/2010 1:24:41 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 8/22/2010 1:21:14 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 8/22/2010 1:19:48 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
I just explained, it's part of an actual institute. Argument from authority.
Too nonsensical. It is a website of information. Yours has nothing to do with Islamic finance.

http://www.islamic-finance.com...

It seems like you missed that part (or 99.95% of all parts).

No, it's not nonsensical. It's part of an actual institute on economics. "The Ludwig von Mises Institute (LvMI), based in Auburn, Alabama, is a libertarian academic organization engaged in research and scholarship in the fields of economics, philosophy and political economy." - http://en.wikipedia.org...

Now, what credentials does Islamic-finance.com have?

Well, it's the word of God. Surely that trumps the Mises Institute's secular credentials.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:27:15 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/22/2010 1:24:41 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 8/22/2010 1:21:14 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 8/22/2010 1:19:48 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
I just explained, it's part of an actual institute. Argument from authority.
Too nonsensical. It is a website of information. Yours has nothing to do with Islamic finance.

http://www.islamic-finance.com...

It seems like you missed that part (or 99.95% of all parts).

No, it's not nonsensical. It's part of an actual institute on economics. "The Ludwig von Mises Institute (LvMI), based in Auburn, Alabama, is a libertarian academic organization engaged in research and scholarship in the fields of economics, philosophy and political economy." - http://en.wikipedia.org...

Now, what credentials does Islamic-finance.com have?
So, information needs to have some sort of an institution behind it before it is valid? Why does it even matter? Should I not believe in any facts presented on DDO debates? And why are you not clicking on the site and realizing who are behind it? Knowledgeable people, not random ones who put up a website. If you have a refutation to their points, bring it.If not, drop the horrible "points."
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:29:15 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/22/2010 1:27:15 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 8/22/2010 1:24:41 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 8/22/2010 1:21:14 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 8/22/2010 1:19:48 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
I just explained, it's part of an actual institute. Argument from authority.
Too nonsensical. It is a website of information. Yours has nothing to do with Islamic finance.

http://www.islamic-finance.com...

It seems like you missed that part (or 99.95% of all parts).

No, it's not nonsensical. It's part of an actual institute on economics. "The Ludwig von Mises Institute (LvMI), based in Auburn, Alabama, is a libertarian academic organization engaged in research and scholarship in the fields of economics, philosophy and political economy." - http://en.wikipedia.org...

Now, what credentials does Islamic-finance.com have?
So, information needs to have some sort of an institution behind it before it is valid? Why does it even matter? Should I not believe in any facts presented on DDO debates? And why are you not clicking on the site and realizing who are behind it? Knowledgeable people, not random ones who put up a website. If you have a refutation to their points, bring it.If not, drop the horrible "points."

It's called the argument from authority. Learn it. Regardless, that website has huge essays I have no interest spending 20 minutes reading. Care to elaborate on some points of it?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:30:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/22/2010 1:29:15 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
It's called the argument from authority. Learn it.
I come with information. You come with off-topic information. Yes, much to learn.

Regardless, that website has huge essays I have no interest spending 20 minutes reading. Care to elaborate on some points of it?
No, I think they are all important. They mention the situation of Malaysia, ban of usury, etc. It is important to read all of it. That is why I linked it. If I were to elaborate them, I would not link them.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:31:27 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/22/2010 1:27:15 PM, Mirza wrote:
So, information needs to have some sort of an institution behind it before it is valid? Why does it even matter? Should I not believe in any facts presented on DDO debates? And why are you not clicking on the site and realizing who are behind it? Knowledgeable people, not random ones who put up a website. If you have a refutation to their points, bring it.If not, drop the horrible "points."

Panda (nor anyone else on DDO) has any interest in refuting a whole website. Give the main points yourself or don't post about islamic finance at all.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:33:46 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/22/2010 1:31:27 PM, Nags wrote:
Panda (nor anyone else on DDO) has any interest in refuting a whole website. Give the main points yourself or don't post about islamic finance at all.
More nonsense. I linked this website here to provide information that covers all topics within Islamic economics instead of going in-depth with my own words, which would be too much at the moment. If he wants to refute a point, he can. Nobody asks him to refute every single point.

"Give the main points yourself or don't post about islamic finance at all."

Please, drop this nonsense.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:36:45 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/22/2010 1:33:46 PM, Mirza wrote:
More nonsense. I linked this website here to provide information that covers all topics within Islamic economics instead of going in-depth with my own words, which would be too much at the moment. If he wants to refute a point, he can. Nobody asks him to refute every single point.

No one wants to. So what's the point of this thread? No one has interest in refuting a whole website.

"Give the main points yourself or don't post about islamic finance at all."

Please, drop this nonsense.

Why? Posting websites of information and asking people to refute them is not a fun exercise.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:38:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/22/2010 1:30:56 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 8/22/2010 1:29:15 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
It's called the argument from authority. Learn it.
I come with information. You come with off-topic information. Yes, much to learn.

This negates the fact you don't know what the argument from authority is how? I'll just assume you concede mises.org is more reputable and better informed than islam-finance.com then.


Regardless, that website has huge essays I have no interest spending 20 minutes reading. Care to elaborate on some points of it?
No, I think they are all important. They mention the situation of Malaysia, ban of usury, etc. It is important to read all of it. That is why I linked it. If I were to elaborate them, I would not link them.

Then I have no interest. Either summarise the arguments or leave it, no-one will bother.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:39:12 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/22/2010 1:36:45 PM, Nags wrote:
No one wants to. So what's the point of this thread? No one has interest in refuting a whole website.
When did I say that anybody should refute the entire website? Can you drop the nonsense or should I ignore you?

Why? Posting websites of information and asking people to refute them is not a fun exercise.
I never did it. What I did was to link the website here instead of going in-depth of something I might get wrong at this point of time. And one point is not a thousand points that the site makes.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:41:12 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/22/2010 1:39:12 PM, Mirza wrote:
When did I say that anybody should refute the entire website? Can you drop the nonsense or should I ignore you?

False dilemma. You have repeatedly told Panda to refute the information or gtfo. It's a website, with lots of information, and the answer is no.

I never did it. What I did was to link the website here instead of going in-depth of something I might get wrong at this point of time. And one point is not a thousand points that the site makes.

What do you want us to do with the website then? Hmm, what's the point of this thread? I can google islamic finance if I'm interested.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:46:54 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/22/2010 1:41:12 PM, Nags wrote:
False dilemma. You have repeatedly told Panda to refute the information
I told him to refute the points. I never said all points. He can refute any point if he wishes. I did not say that he should refute the entire site.

or gtfo.
Not true.

It's a website, with lots of information, and the answer is no.
OK.

What do you want us to do with the website then? Hmm, what's the point of this thread? I can google islamic finance if I'm interested.
Do you know what happens when I tell people to Google for themselves? I get ridiculed. And what I did was to ask people if they wanted external sources so they can be more informed, and posted this website link here. The point is to provide information and period. Read or do not. I do not care.

Your points are too nonsensical (at least not as horrible as your conduct with other people here).
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:49:27 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/22/2010 1:46:54 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 8/22/2010 1:41:12 PM, Nags wrote:
False dilemma. You have repeatedly told Panda to refute the information
I told him to refute the points. I never said all points. He can refute any point if he wishes. I did not say that he should refute the entire site.

No one wants to refute any of the website.

or gtfo.
Not true.

Kinda.

What do you want us to do with the website then? Hmm, what's the point of this thread? I can google islamic finance if I'm interested.
Do you know what happens when I tell people to Google for themselves? I get ridiculed. And what I did was to ask people if they wanted external sources so they can be more informed, and posted this website link here. The point is to provide information and period. Read or do not. I do not care.

No one cares about this website, for the millionth time.

Your points are too nonsensical (at least not as horrible as your conduct with other people here).

Lol,ok.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:49:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/22/2010 1:38:50 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
This negates the fact you don't know what the argument from authority is how?
I know what it is. You just want t drag me into a hole, but you cannot. If you want a discussion, start a proper one. What you do is to come with a website that has absolutely nothing to do with mine. I try to help those who want some information about Islamic finance. If they do not want it, they can ignore this thread. And you can stop derailing threads with your horrible points.

I'll just assume you concede mises.org is more reputable and better informed than islam-finance.com then.
You are refuting my point by coming with hat you think is a more reputable side? Do you know how little that makes sense? If you want to come with refutations with other websites, you can try. If not, make a refutation to one of the points. If not, goodbye from this thread.

Then I have no interest. Either summarise the arguments or leave it, no-one will bother.
So, you have never recommended a book to others?
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:51:49 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/22/2010 1:49:27 PM, Nags wrote:
At 8/22/2010 1:46:54 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 8/22/2010 1:41:12 PM, Nags wrote:
False dilemma. You have repeatedly told Panda to refute the information
I told him to refute the points. I never said all points. He can refute any point if he wishes. I did not say that he should refute the entire site.

No one wants to refute any of the website.
Who do you represent? The arrogant people or yourself only? If yourself, goodbye. I do not need your opinion. Some people might be interested in reading about Islamic economics, unlike you.

Kinda.
No, I know how to conduct myself.

No one cares about this website, for the millionth time.
If <you> do not care, then <I> do not need your opinion. Ignore it instead of being arrogant.

Lol,ok.
Yes.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:54:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/22/2010 1:49:32 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 8/22/2010 1:38:50 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
This negates the fact you don't know what the argument from authority is how?
I know what it is. You just want t drag me into a hole, but you cannot. If you want a discussion, start a proper one. What you do is to come with a website that has absolutely nothing to do with mine. I try to help those who want some information about Islamic finance. If they do not want it, they can ignore this thread. And you can stop derailing threads with your horrible points.

I dragged you into a hole, you're just refusing to accept it :)


I'll just assume you concede mises.org is more reputable and better informed than islam-finance.com then.
You are refuting my point by coming with hat you think is a more reputable side? Do you know how little that makes sense? If you want to come with refutations with other websites, you can try. If not, make a refutation to one of the points. If not, goodbye from this thread.

I'm not refuting any points on Islamic finance, I'm just saying mises.org is a better source of information on economics.


Then I have no interest. Either summarise the arguments or leave it, no-one will bother.
So, you have never recommended a book to others?

Not to explain an entire topic no.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:55:15 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/22/2010 1:51:49 PM, Mirza wrote:
Who do you represent? The arrogant people or yourself only? If yourself, goodbye. I do not need your opinion. Some people might be interested in reading about Islamic economics, unlike you.

Who?

Kinda.
No, I know how to conduct myself.

You are specifically telling Panda and me to leave this thread if we don't do what you say, so you are "kinda" telling us to gtfo.

No one cares about this website, for the millionth time.
If <you> do not care, then <I> do not need your opinion. Ignore it instead of being arrogant.

I'm not. I asked for YOUR opinion on islamic finance so ME and YOU could have a discussion about islamic finance. I don't care about the website, what don't you understand?

Lol,ok.
Yes.
No.