Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

I am considering centrism or libertarianism.

Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 2:11:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/23/2015 12:18:32 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
Can libertarians believe that healthcare is a right?

No, and stop making new accounts. Liberal prolifer

Stop playing identity politics as well.
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 2:24:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/23/2015 12:18:32 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
Can libertarians believe that healthcare is a right?

Not really, at least not in the sense that most people conceive of healthcare as a right.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
smelisox
Posts: 849
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 2:40:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
What? Libertarian is about freedom of the individual, of course healthcare is a free and fundamental human right!
ILoveSitarMusic
Posts: 225
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 4:04:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/23/2015 2:11:13 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/23/2015 12:18:32 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
Can libertarians believe that healthcare is a right?

No, and stop making new accounts. Liberal prolifer

Stop playing identity politics as well.

Don't tell me what to do. I wanted a different name. Why can't libertarians believe that healthcare is a right?
ILoveSitarMusic
Posts: 225
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 4:05:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/23/2015 2:24:58 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 7/23/2015 12:18:32 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
Can libertarians believe that healthcare is a right?

Not really, at least not in the sense that most people conceive of healthcare as a right.

Why?
ILoveSitarMusic
Posts: 225
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 4:07:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/23/2015 2:40:26 AM, smelisox wrote:
What? Libertarian is about freedom of the individual, of course healthcare is a free and fundamental human right!

Amen brother. :)
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 4:45:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/23/2015 4:04:50 PM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 7/23/2015 2:11:13 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/23/2015 12:18:32 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
Can libertarians believe that healthcare is a right?

No, and stop making new accounts. Liberal prolifer

Stop playing identity politics as well.

Don't tell me what to do. I wanted a different name. Why can't libertarians believe that healthcare is a right?

Because Libertarianism is a philosophy, and that is directly contradictory to that. You can't have subsidized healthcare and push for a night watchmen type government at the same time, it's a contradiction. The democratic and Republican parties may be big tents, but the libertarian party is not a big tent party. Kind of like communism.
ILoveSitarMusic
Posts: 225
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 4:55:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/23/2015 4:45:13 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/23/2015 4:04:50 PM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 7/23/2015 2:11:13 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/23/2015 12:18:32 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
Can libertarians believe that healthcare is a right?

No, and stop making new accounts. Liberal prolifer

Stop playing identity politics as well.

Don't tell me what to do. I wanted a different name. Why can't libertarians believe that healthcare is a right?

Because Libertarianism is a philosophy, and that is directly contradictory to that. You can't have subsidized healthcare and push for a night watchmen type government at the same time, it's a contradiction. The democratic and Republican parties may be big tents, but the libertarian party is not a big tent party. Kind of like communism.

You have the right to your opinion. I don't know why people are opposed to healthcare.
ILoveSitarMusic
Posts: 225
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 4:58:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/23/2015 2:11:13 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/23/2015 12:18:32 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
Can libertarians believe that healthcare is a right?

No, and stop making new accounts. Liberal prolifer

Stop playing identity politics as well.
Strawman fallacy. It is not playing identity politics to question things. You need to stop trolling and debate the facts.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 5:03:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/23/2015 4:58:03 PM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 7/23/2015 2:11:13 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/23/2015 12:18:32 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
Can libertarians believe that healthcare is a right?

No, and stop making new accounts. Liberal prolifer

Stop playing identity politics as well.
Strawman fallacy. It is not playing identity politics to question things. You need to stop trolling and debate the facts.

I've debated the facts with you, and you lost, remember?

You're strawmanning. I never said questioning things is playing identity politics, but what you're trying to do is find a neat fit for yourself in some sort of political ideology. You also are completely unaware of libertarian philosophy, which is kinda importAnt for being a libertarian. As much as I hate the "non aggression principle", you may want to google what that is and how considering healthcare a right interferes with that, so you can understand why libertarians cannot view healthcare as a right.

Libertarians care about healthcare and have their own ideals about how to fix problems associated with healthcare, but none of those solutions involve considering it a right.
Philocat
Posts: 728
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 5:11:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/23/2015 4:58:03 PM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 7/23/2015 2:11:13 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/23/2015 12:18:32 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
Can libertarians believe that healthcare is a right?

No, and stop making new accounts. Liberal prolifer

Stop playing identity politics as well.
Strawman fallacy. It is not playing identity politics to question things. You need to stop trolling and debate the facts.

In Wylted's defence, you do seem to be dabbling in identity politics by picking a political ideology and then trying to squeeze your preexisting views into it.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...
ILoveSitarMusic
Posts: 225
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 5:12:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/23/2015 5:03:33 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/23/2015 4:58:03 PM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 7/23/2015 2:11:13 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/23/2015 12:18:32 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
Can libertarians believe that healthcare is a right?

No, and stop making new accounts. Liberal prolifer

Stop playing identity politics as well.
Strawman fallacy. It is not playing identity politics to question things. You need to stop trolling and debate the facts.

I've debated the facts with you, and you lost, remember?

You're strawmanning. I never said questioning things is playing identity politics, but what you're trying to do is find a neat fit for yourself in some sort of political ideology. You also are completely unaware of libertarian philosophy, which is kinda importAnt for being a libertarian. As much as I hate the "non aggression principle", you may want to google what that is and how considering healthcare a right interferes with that, so you can understand why libertarians cannot view healthcare as a right.

Libertarians care about healthcare and have their own ideals about how to fix problems associated with healthcare, but none of those solutions involve considering it a right.

This is your final warning to stop trolling before I report you. Yes or no: Are you going to explain libertarianism to me?
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 5:13:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/23/2015 5:12:02 PM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 7/23/2015 5:03:33 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/23/2015 4:58:03 PM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 7/23/2015 2:11:13 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/23/2015 12:18:32 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
Can libertarians believe that healthcare is a right?

No, and stop making new accounts. Liberal prolifer

Stop playing identity politics as well.
Strawman fallacy. It is not playing identity politics to question things. You need to stop trolling and debate the facts.

I've debated the facts with you, and you lost, remember?

You're strawmanning. I never said questioning things is playing identity politics, but what you're trying to do is find a neat fit for yourself in some sort of political ideology. You also are completely unaware of libertarian philosophy, which is kinda importAnt for being a libertarian. As much as I hate the "non aggression principle", you may want to google what that is and how considering healthcare a right interferes with that, so you can understand why libertarians cannot view healthcare as a right.

Libertarians care about healthcare and have their own ideals about how to fix problems associated with healthcare, but none of those solutions involve considering it a right.

This is your final warning to stop trolling before I report you. Yes or no: Are you going to explain libertarianism to me?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...
ILoveSitarMusic
Posts: 225
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 5:14:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/23/2015 5:11:24 PM, Philocat wrote:
At 7/23/2015 4:58:03 PM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 7/23/2015 2:11:13 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/23/2015 12:18:32 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
Can libertarians believe that healthcare is a right?

No, and stop making new accounts. Liberal prolifer

Stop playing identity politics as well.
Strawman fallacy. It is not playing identity politics to question things. You need to stop trolling and debate the facts.

In Wylted's defence, you do seem to be dabbling in identity politics by picking a political ideology and then trying to squeeze your preexisting views into it.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

You are wrong. It is not identity politics to question things.
Philocat
Posts: 728
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 5:18:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/23/2015 5:14:24 PM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 7/23/2015 5:11:24 PM, Philocat wrote:
At 7/23/2015 4:58:03 PM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 7/23/2015 2:11:13 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/23/2015 12:18:32 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
Can libertarians believe that healthcare is a right?

No, and stop making new accounts. Liberal prolifer

Stop playing identity politics as well.
Strawman fallacy. It is not playing identity politics to question things. You need to stop trolling and debate the facts.

In Wylted's defence, you do seem to be dabbling in identity politics by picking a political ideology and then trying to squeeze your preexisting views into it.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

You are wrong. It is not identity politics to question things.

I know it's not, that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that you are questioning things (which is great) and you are also engaging in identity politics (by speaking in terms of ideologies). Note that I'm not criticising you for this.
ILoveSitarMusic
Posts: 225
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 5:45:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/23/2015 5:18:32 PM, Philocat wrote:
At 7/23/2015 5:14:24 PM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 7/23/2015 5:11:24 PM, Philocat wrote:
At 7/23/2015 4:58:03 PM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 7/23/2015 2:11:13 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/23/2015 12:18:32 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
Can libertarians believe that healthcare is a right?

No, and stop making new accounts. Liberal prolifer

Stop playing identity politics as well.
Strawman fallacy. It is not playing identity politics to question things. You need to stop trolling and debate the facts.

In Wylted's defence, you do seem to be dabbling in identity politics by picking a political ideology and then trying to squeeze your preexisting views into it.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

You are wrong. It is not identity politics to question things.

I know it's not, that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that you are questioning things (which is great) and you are also engaging in identity politics (by speaking in terms of ideologies). Note that I'm not criticising you for this.

FACT: I AM NOT PLAYING IDENTITY POLITICS. IT IS NOT IDENTITY POLITICS TO DISAGREE OR QUESTION THINGS. YOU NEED TO STOP TROLLING AND DEBATE THE FACTS. WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT LIBERTARIANISM?
ILoveSitarMusic
Posts: 225
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 5:47:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/23/2015 5:18:32 PM, Philocat wrote:
At 7/23/2015 5:14:24 PM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 7/23/2015 5:11:24 PM, Philocat wrote:
At 7/23/2015 4:58:03 PM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 7/23/2015 2:11:13 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/23/2015 12:18:32 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
Can libertarians believe that healthcare is a right?

No, and stop making new accounts. Liberal prolifer

Stop playing identity politics as well.
Strawman fallacy. It is not playing identity politics to question things. You need to stop trolling and debate the facts.

In Wylted's defence, you do seem to be dabbling in identity politics by picking a political ideology and then trying to squeeze your preexisting views into it.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

You are wrong. It is not identity politics to question things.

I know it's not, that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that you are questioning things (which is great) and you are also engaging in identity politics (by speaking in terms of ideologies). Note that I'm not criticising you for this.

I sent you the wrong post. Thank you for helping.
Juan_Pablo
Posts: 2,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 6:01:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/23/2015 5:47:11 PM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 7/23/2015 5:18:32 PM, Philocat wrote:
At 7/23/2015 5:14:24 PM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 7/23/2015 5:11:24 PM, Philocat wrote:
At 7/23/2015 4:58:03 PM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 7/23/2015 2:11:13 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/23/2015 12:18:32 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
Can libertarians believe that healthcare is a right?

No, and stop making new accounts. Liberal prolifer

Stop playing identity politics as well.
Strawman fallacy. It is not playing identity politics to question things. You need to stop trolling and debate the facts.

In Wylted's defence, you do seem to be dabbling in identity politics by picking a political ideology and then trying to squeeze your preexisting views into it.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

You are wrong. It is not identity politics to question things.

I know it's not, that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that you are questioning things (which is great) and you are also engaging in identity politics (by speaking in terms of ideologies). Note that I'm not criticising you for this.

I sent you the wrong post. Thank you for helping.

If you want my opinion, Sitara:

no two libertarians are exactly alike. You can be a libertarian and still support healthcare as a fundamental right!

You bet you can do that!
ILoveSitarMusic
Posts: 225
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 6:05:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/23/2015 6:01:13 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:
At 7/23/2015 5:47:11 PM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 7/23/2015 5:18:32 PM, Philocat wrote:
At 7/23/2015 5:14:24 PM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 7/23/2015 5:11:24 PM, Philocat wrote:
At 7/23/2015 4:58:03 PM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 7/23/2015 2:11:13 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/23/2015 12:18:32 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
Can libertarians believe that healthcare is a right?

No, and stop making new accounts. Liberal prolifer

Stop playing identity politics as well.
Strawman fallacy. It is not playing identity politics to question things. You need to stop trolling and debate the facts.

In Wylted's defence, you do seem to be dabbling in identity politics by picking a political ideology and then trying to squeeze your preexisting views into it.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

You are wrong. It is not identity politics to question things.

I know it's not, that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that you are questioning things (which is great) and you are also engaging in identity politics (by speaking in terms of ideologies). Note that I'm not criticising you for this.

I sent you the wrong post. Thank you for helping.

If you want my opinion, Sitara:

no two libertarians are exactly alike. You can be a libertarian and still support healthcare as a fundamental right!

You bet you can do that!
Thank you, that is awesome.
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 7:55:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/23/2015 4:05:41 PM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 7/23/2015 2:24:58 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 7/23/2015 12:18:32 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
Can libertarians believe that healthcare is a right?

Not really, at least not in the sense that most people conceive of healthcare as a right.

Why?

Because libertarianism requires that the government only provide negative protections, not positive goods. Healthcare is a positive right, ergo, libertarianism would not support healthcare rights.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Juan_Pablo
Posts: 2,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 8:07:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/23/2015 6:05:21 PM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 7/23/2015 6:01:13 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:
At 7/23/2015 5:47:11 PM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 7/23/2015 5:18:32 PM, Philocat wrote:
At 7/23/2015 5:14:24 PM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 7/23/2015 5:11:24 PM, Philocat wrote:
At 7/23/2015 4:58:03 PM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 7/23/2015 2:11:13 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/23/2015 12:18:32 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
Can libertarians believe that healthcare is a right?

No, and stop making new accounts. Liberal prolifer

Stop playing identity politics as well.
Strawman fallacy. It is not playing identity politics to question things. You need to stop trolling and debate the facts.

In Wylted's defence, you do seem to be dabbling in identity politics by picking a political ideology and then trying to squeeze your preexisting views into it.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

You are wrong. It is not identity politics to question things.

I know it's not, that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that you are questioning things (which is great) and you are also engaging in identity politics (by speaking in terms of ideologies). Note that I'm not criticising you for this.

I sent you the wrong post. Thank you for helping.

If you want my opinion, Sitara:

no two libertarians are exactly alike. You can be a libertarian and still support healthcare as a fundamental right!

You bet you can do that!
Thank you, that is awesome.

No problem, Sitara.

Don't let an idea, even if it sounds good, decide things for you.

Define yourself and be whatever you think is right!!!