Jump to topic:

How many people actually watch....

MTGandP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 10:09:43 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
How many people actually watch Glenn Beck because they like him? I've seen lots of people making fun of Glenn Beck; in fact, the only times I've ever heard him mentioned are when people are making fun of him. I know he has a huge audience, but how many of these people are actually watching him because they agree with him? It seems to me that it must be a pretty small minority. Have there been any polls on this sort of thing?
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 1:19:22 PM
At 8/22/2010 10:09:43 AM, MTGandP wrote:
How many people actually watch Glenn Beck because they like him? I've seen lots of people making fun of Glenn Beck; in fact, the only times I've ever heard him mentioned are when people are making fun of him. I know he has a huge audience, but how many of these people are actually watching him because they agree with him? It seems to me that it must be a pretty small minority. Have there been any polls on this sort of thing?:

For every good point Glenn Beck makes, he has like 5 bad points.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2010 2:17:50 AM
At 8/22/2010 1:19:22 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

That.

I watched it twice. The first time i thought it was thought provoking, then i continued and heard more and realized he was way over the top.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2010 6:50:26 AM
At 8/23/2010 2:17:50 AM, innomen wrote:

That.

I watched it twice. The first time i thought it was thought provoking, then i continued and heard more and realized he was way over the top.

I might sound like an idiot but what does he do? I've heard the name but I have no clue what he does.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2010 6:55:01 AM
At 8/23/2010 6:50:26 AM, lovelife wrote:

That.

I might sound like an idiot but what does he do? I've heard the name but I have no clue what he does.

Oh dear God. How the hell are you posting on a politics forum without knowing who Glenn Beck is?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2010 6:57:01 AM
At 8/23/2010 6:55:01 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

That.

Oh dear God. How the hell are you posting on a politics forum without knowing who Glenn Beck is?

To get information and expand my knowlage...
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2010 7:03:16 AM
At 8/23/2010 6:57:01 AM, lovelife wrote:

That.

Google Glenn beck.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2010 7:06:18 AM
At 8/23/2010 7:03:16 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 8/23/2010 6:57:01 AM, lovelife wrote:

That.

Google Glenn beck.

Stuff about conservites and mormons. Lost interest in learning about that. Nvm
Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2010 9:41:53 AM
Glenn Beck is an entertainer. Criticizing him is useless. Yes, people actually believe what people like him and the likes of Hannity, Limbaugh, Levin, O'Reilly, and Savage say, but we have to realize that people are simple-minded on the whole. People like soap operas, sitcoms, reality TV shows... There's nothing we are going to do about closed-minded middle-America. At least not directly. The only real antidote to these embarassments of our culture is to provide as much education and liberation to the people as we possibly can and let them crawl out of Plato's metaphorical cave by themselves. The classic left vs. right arguments only seek to perpetuate the nonsense.
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2010 10:03:20 AM
What a lot of people don't realize is that Glenn Beck is a political commentator and A COMEDIAN. Which is why I listen to his radio show on occasion.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2010 10:18:21 AM
At 8/24/2010 10:03:20 AM, Korashk wrote:
What a lot of people don't realize is that Glenn Beck is a political commentator and A COMEDIAN. Which is why I listen to his radio show on occasion.

Agreed.
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2010 10:28:17 AM

... He's not funny though. At all.

I watched one episode (when Obama refused to talk to Fox) and he was making fun of Washington as "Chicago politics" and gripped a baseball bat while commentating in an Italian/New Yorker accent insinuating it was mafia-like. It was friggin lame, boring, tired, ignorant and pointless. Not one second of it was entertaining or funny whatsoever. If he thinks he's funny... he fails. I think the whole "comedian" thing is just a ruse to feel better about himself for people laughing at him.
President of DDO
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2010 10:34:09 AM
At 8/24/2010 10:28:17 AM, theLwerd wrote:

I watched one episode (when Obama refused to talk to Fox) and he was making fun of Washington as "Chicago politics" and gripped a baseball bat while commentating in an Italian/New Yorker accent insinuating it was mafia-like. It was friggin lame, boring, tired, ignorant and pointless. Not one second of it was entertaining or funny whatsoever. If he thinks he's funny... he fails. I think the whole "comedian" thing is just a ruse to feel better about himself for people laughing at him.

From what I've watched he isn't really acting the comedian on his show, which is why I seldom watch it. He's pretty entertaining on his radio show.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2010 10:35:02 AM
At 8/24/2010 10:28:17 AM, theLwerd wrote:

This?
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2010 3:19:40 PM
I doubt that 1% of Beck's audience are people who disagree with him fundamentally. He is the right-wing version of Jon Stewart, larding up political punditry with humor and entertainment. He is popular for the same reason Stewart is popular; his politics are in an easy-to take format.

Note that in 20-something demographic, Stewart is a prime news source for Leftists. Beck has more factual news material than Stewart.

I watch Beck occasionally, but I think it is low density material, although more than Stewart. It generally takes him an hour to present 15 minutes worth of material. I prefer the riveting pace of C-SPAN.

Those who complain that Beck is all lies, or whatever, should pick something out and make a debate challenge of it. Forum hot air is cheap.