Jump to topic:

Policy Debate: Reducing military

Mr_Jack_Nixon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2010 3:27:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
RESOLVED: The United States Federal Government should substantially reduce its military and/or police presence in one or more of the following countries: South Korea, Japan, Afghanistan, Iran, Kuwait, Turkey.

This is a policy or CX type subject. Ideas for pro/neg?
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2010 3:34:25 PM
At 8/24/2010 3:27:34 PM, Mr_Jack_Nixon wrote:
RESOLVED: The United States Federal Government should substantially reduce its military and/or police presence in one or more of the following countries: South Korea, Japan, Afghanistan, Iran, Kuwait, Turkey.

The US doesn't have a presence in Iran. You can't get below no military or police presence. Resolution negated.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Mr_Jack_Nixon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2010 6:22:20 PM
At 8/24/2010 3:34:25 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

The US doesn't have a presence in Iran. You can't get below no military or police presence. Resolution negated.

It's possible that is meant to be Iraq. Also, if the Aff plan context doesn't mess with Iran at all than the fact that there are no troops in Iran is irrelevant.
Mr_Jack_Nixon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2010 6:22:44 PM
It's possible that is meant to be Iraq. Also, if the Aff plan context doesn't mess with Iran at all than the fact that there are no troops in Iran is irrelevant.
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2010 7:15:03 PM

PROTIP: Try to get your school to invest in a subscription to planetdebate.com. It's pricey, but definitely worth it. They hae tons of files on everything. Buy the white and black Baylor briefs for both affirmative and negative. You will be unstoppable.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2010 8:54:46 AM

http://www.globalresearch.ca...

That said...

The United States should pull out of all of them except Japan and South Korea. Japan is a necessary political occupation in a politically friendly territory that improves the international inclusion of that territory's government. Furthermore, it creates no tension.

North Korea is *dying* to make a move. Most recently, Jimmy Carter had to make a trip to North Korea to retrieve anther American held there for "trespassing" (he was a teacher in South Korea), as he is in failing health due to a suicide attempt after incarceration. This is shortly after a South Korean battleship was sunk, killing dozens of sailors, which was blamed on the North Korean government (who denied it, but you know). The only thing I fancy is keeping them at bay, particularly as they defiantly engage nuclear weapon production, is the US. We stay.

Everywhere else, we should pull out of. It is causing undue political tension and, generally speaking, we're there for colonialist pursuits anyway.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2010 9:45:49 AM
At 8/25/2010 8:54:46 AM, Ren wrote:

There is no current US presence in Iran. Resolution negated.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2010 9:59:12 AM
At 8/25/2010 9:45:49 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Of course there is, are you serious?

Do I need something dated August 25 for you?

People try so hard, sometimes. Sheesh.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2010 10:07:09 AM
At 8/25/2010 9:59:12 AM, Ren wrote:

That's a police presence. What proof is there that's American?
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2010 10:20:44 AM
At 8/25/2010 10:07:09 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 8/25/2010 9:59:12 AM, Ren wrote:

That's a police presence. What proof is there that's American?

http://www.wisegeek.com...
twsurber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2010 11:30:53 AM
Are you on a high school policy team? If so, send me a PM and we can compare notes since we are not likely to meet at a tournament.