wsmunit7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2015 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Accomplishments of the Republican " majority Congress since January, 2015:
http://cnsnews.com...
"As we finish up the first seven months of this New American Congress, the statistics are in: This Congress is more accountable, more open, more productive and more effective," House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) told a news conference on Wednesday.
According to government bill-tracking website, a total of 37 bills and resolutions enacted by the 114th Congress since January 2015 have been signed into law by President Obama.

Those 37 bills include nine naming post offices or other federal buildings; one awarding gold medals to civil rights activists "who participated in Bloody Sunday, Turnaround Tuesday, or the final Selma to Montgomery Voting Rights March during March of 1965"; one requiring the Treasury Secretary to mint coins in commemoration of the centennial of Boys Town; and one (sponsored by Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla.) authorizing the Secretary of State to provide assistance to support the rights of women and girls in developing countries.
Some of the bills are technical in nature, and only one is a funding bill -- the 2015 Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, which fully funded President Obama's executive amnesty."

So, naming buildings, authorizing commemoration coins and attempting (how many times?) to repeal the ACA are more important than immigration, equal civil rights, and funding infrastructure maintenance and improvements? Talk about a screwed up sense of priorities and accountability !!!! But then, to have the sheer audacity to BRAG about it?

If an employee of mine presented me such a list of their "accomplishments", I would probably fire them.