Modern law is FUBAR

smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 5:58:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Let's see a few cases:

-John Flombar kills 500 children and rapes their dead corpses. Ten years after, it's found out.
JUDGE: When did this happen?
John Flombar: I murdered and raped these 500 kids ten years ago sir.
JUDGE: Ten years? Oh! After ten years, we can't convict criminals.
John Flombar: Oh cool.

(ACTUALLY HAPPENS ^)

-Two cases. Henry Poorman, a urinal cleaner, and Heinrich Richman, a rich swiss banker. They both commit the same murder, have the same appearance, and do the exact same thing.

Henry Poorman has five pounds in his bank account and gets a free lawyer. Weird guy, untucked shirt, mad hair, smoking a cigar and crying. "it's mi first kase m8, im gona get u out tho just u w8 LOLOOLl!"

Henry Richman spends ten million pounds and hires a real life Saul Goodman.

Henry Poorman goes to jail.
Henry Richman is proven not guilty since his lawyer was well paid and walks free.

-A woman is gagged and then raped. In court:

JUDGE: Did you object to the abuse?
Woman: Well...
JUDGE: Did you say no?
Woman: No, i didn't, I was g-
JUDGE: It was consensual. Next.

Where is the justice?!
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 6:17:01 PM
At 7/30/2015 5:58:30 PM, smelisox wrote:
Let's see a few cases:

-John Flombar kills 500 children and rapes their dead corpses. Ten years after, it's found out.
JUDGE: When did this happen?
John Flombar: I murdered and raped these 500 kids ten years ago sir.
JUDGE: Ten years? Oh! After ten years, we can't convict criminals.
John Flombar: Oh cool.

(ACTUALLY HAPPENS ^)

Um, if he actually murdered them, he could be tried. There is no statute of limitations on murder.

-Two cases. Henry Poorman, a urinal cleaner, and Heinrich Richman, a rich swiss banker. They both commit the same murder, have the same appearance, and do the exact same thing.

Henry Poorman has five pounds in his bank account and gets a free lawyer. Weird guy, untucked shirt, mad hair, smoking a cigar and crying. "it's mi first kase m8, im gona get u out tho just u w8 LOLOOLl!"

Henry Richman spends ten million pounds and hires a real life Saul Goodman.

Henry Poorman goes to jail.
Henry Richman is proven not guilty since his lawyer was well paid and walks free.

I'm not sure how two people who commit the same murder are not charged together for conspiracy. If you are saying Poorman was found guilty FIRST, then, sure, it is easier for Richman to get off, since the murderer is already found and tried, and it's hard to convict a man for a crime when the criminal is already behind bars.

-A woman is gagged and then raped. In court:

JUDGE: Did you object to the abuse?
Woman: Well...
JUDGE: Did you say no?
Woman: No, i didn't, I was g-
JUDGE: It was consensual. Next.

Uh, what? The fact the woman was gagged is evidence of non-consent, so I don't know what you are referring to. Now, if it was consensual to be gagged as a sex game type thing, and was raped because she subsequently changed her mind, that is a bit of a gray area, isn't it, and definitely not evidenced in your example.

Where is the justice?!

Where is the justice, indeed, in your oversimplified caricatures of legal issues?
My work here is, finally, done.
Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 6:20:38 PM
Hence the point of the song "And Justice For All" by Metallica.

Not sure why you imply that pre-modern law was less FUBARed though...
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz