Jump to topic:

What on Earth is the Illuminati...for serious

Skynet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 1:00:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Any reference to the Illuminati has been an automatic dismissible punchline in my adult life. Counting pyramids in Rhianna's music videos is fun and all, though I have a hard time focusing on pyramids. But I started wondering today, where did all this stuff start? What is it all this based on? Even if it can be traced back to a one-off supermarket tabloid reference in 1922. Is there good evidence of a conspiracy of some kind that has any real effect on the world? Does the Illuminati actually exist today as any kind of organization? Do you personally know any members? If they exist, what are they really doing? Pool and darts in the Lion Club's basement? Contacting their Reptilian overlords? Meddling in banking policy for self-enrichment? Getting more pyramids and eyeballs to appear in music videos? I'm having a hard time wading through all the conflicting information.

No, I don't believe all that stuff, but the rumors and stories and conspiracy theories have to have a definite origin, whether it was a prank on gullible people or realization of a real threat.
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 1:22:08 AM
At 7/31/2015 1:00:17 AM, Skynet wrote:
Any reference to the Illuminati has been an automatic dismissible punchline in my adult life. Counting pyramids in Rhianna's music videos is fun and all, though I have a hard time focusing on pyramids. But I started wondering today, where did all this stuff start? What is it all this based on? Even if it can be traced back to a one-off supermarket tabloid reference in 1922. Is there good evidence of a conspiracy of some kind that has any real effect on the world? Does the Illuminati actually exist today as any kind of organization? Do you personally know any members? If they exist, what are they really doing? Pool and darts in the Lion Club's basement? Contacting their Reptilian overlords? Meddling in banking policy for self-enrichment? Getting more pyramids and eyeballs to appear in music videos? I'm having a hard time wading through all the conflicting information.

No, I don't believe all that stuff, but the rumors and stories and conspiracy theories have to have a definite origin, whether it was a prank on gullible people or realization of a real threat.

OK...settle in my brother. Here's the deal.....

The name Illuminati actually means more than one of different groups. The name comes from the Latin illuminatur, which means "enlightened."

It first got popular about tenyears ago with Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. the movie and the book.. Oh, it's real allright, but not his version. It really started in Germany with The Bavaria Illuminati, a secret society that was founded a couple hundred years ago . The group was made up of self proclaimed "freethinkers." What these guys really dis is not clear but theres a lot of rumors...some think that the Illuminati actually created the French Revolution!

But nowdays when ya say Illuminati your talking about a secret, quasi-evil organization that is said to be like a global cabal, like Bilderberg and Zion and that type. They are said to pretty much run world affairs. This organization controls both governments and huge worldwide companies!!. And no I have never met anybody claiming to be a member or even who knows a member. Some claim they are active as a sort of Hit Squad for the Roman Catholic Church. Like Jesuits on steroids! LOL Of course the RCC denies all of that.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
Skynet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 1:35:01 AM
At 7/31/2015 1:22:08 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 7/31/2015 1:00:17 AM, Skynet wrote:

OK...settle in my brother. Here's the deal.....

The name Illuminati actually means more than one of different groups. The name comes from the Latin illuminatur, which means "enlightened."

It first got popular about tenyears ago with Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. the movie and the book.. Oh, it's real allright, but not his version. It really started in Germany with The Bavaria Illuminati, a secret society that was founded a couple hundred years ago . The group was made up of self proclaimed "freethinkers." What these guys really dis is not clear but theres a lot of rumors...some think that the Illuminati actually created the French Revolution!

But nowdays when ya say Illuminati your talking about a secret, quasi-evil organization that is said to be like a global cabal, like Bilderberg and Zion and that type. They are said to pretty much run world affairs. This organization controls both governments and huge worldwide companies!!. And no I have never met anybody claiming to be a member or even who knows a member. Some claim they are active as a sort of Hit Squad for the Roman Catholic Church. Like Jesuits on steroids! LOL Of course the RCC denies all of that.

Ok, I could buy it getting real popular after Dan Brown...but I remember one of the premises for the 60's - 80's Sci-Fi novel/short story Known Universe series by Larry Niven had the Knights Templar and their successors covertly driving society toward one world government and the elimination by any means necessary of behaviors they didn't approve of. Whether Niven believed this or just used it as a plot device, I don't know, and I'm not sure about the claimed links between the Masons, Illuminati, Knights Templar, and Swiss bankers. Are these all imaginary connections between unconnected events?
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.