Jump to topic:

White House's Response to Planned Parent. Vid

ZenoCitium
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 12:54:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The White House, in a news conference Thursday, stated that their opinion was that the latest Planned Parenthood videos were edited and fraudulent, containing no evidence of wrong doing, and were organized by "right-wing" extremests.

"There's ample reason to think that this is merely the tried and true tactic that we have seen from some extremists on the right to edit this video and selectively release an edited version of the video that grossly distorts the position of the person who is actually speaking on the video," White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said. "

I'll provide some issues I have with that statement below. I would appreciate other views on the matter.

- First and foremost, this response skirts the true question because it ignores the fact that unedited versions of the video have been release by the same source. Why would the White House ignore this fact?

- When questioned about the authenticity of their evaluation of the videos they admit that they've only consulted Planned Parenthood. Shouldn't they have vetted the videos through an independent authority before providing a comment or opinion?

https://youtu.be...

- Why has the White House brought political party antics into their opinion? The source is not part of the Republican party. There are very many pro-life Democrats. What makes the source extremest or militant? This seems like investigative reporting not an act of violence.
ZenoCitium
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 1:37:55 PM
At 8/1/2015 9:02:31 PM, Death23 wrote:
What do you want?

I want the White House to provide a thoughtful and fact-based response. Instead, they skirted the question by providing a response on the edited video when unedited videos were just as readily available. I suspect the reason behind this is an attempt to bottle up a potential scandal as the presidential election winds up.

What do you want?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 6:30:48 PM
At 8/1/2015 12:54:01 PM, ZenoCitium wrote:

- Why has the White House brought political party antics into their opinion? The source is not part of the Republican party. There are very many pro-life Democrats. What makes the source extremest or militant? This seems like investigative reporting not an act of violence.

It sounds like you are bringing party antics into the mix, given the quote you stated and the video.
My work here is, finally, done.
Death23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 6:33:53 PM
At 8/2/2015 1:37:55 PM, ZenoCitium wrote:
At 8/1/2015 9:02:31 PM, Death23 wrote:
What do you want?

I want the White House to provide a thoughtful and fact-based response. Instead, they skirted the question by providing a response on the edited video when unedited videos were just as readily available. I suspect the reason behind this is an attempt to bottle up a potential scandal as the presidential election winds up.

Can't help you.
ZenoCitium
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 6:35:26 PM
It sounds like you are bringing party antics into the mix, given the quote you stated and the video.

I'm confused. The quote was from the White House Press Secretary and the video was from his conference. How does providing them play into party antics? I just want an honest answer from the White House. In either case, what is your opinion on their response?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 6:39:29 PM
At 8/2/2015 6:35:26 PM, ZenoCitium wrote:

I'm confused. The quote was from the White House Press Secretary and the video was from his conference. How does providing them play into party antics? I just want an honest answer from the White House. In either case, what is your opinion on their response?

Their response was pathetic, and frankly, nothing less than I would expect from most politicians.
Where in the quote are party politics employed? Plus, that quote was not in the video.
While it is true there are liberal pro-lifers, I do not hear of their attempts to undermine PP.
My work here is, finally, done.