Jump to topic:

Did you know?

greatkitteh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 1:11:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
That Canada, Australia, Most of europe, And America Are ALLIES, and Not Natural Enemies?

I know Users in DDO who didn't.
The_Running_Mate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 1:29:17 AM
At 8/1/2015 1:11:38 PM, greatkitteh wrote:
That Canada, Australia, Most of europe, And America Are ALLIES, and Not Natural Enemies?

I would hope that the vast majority of American adults are aware of this fact. As well as even teenagers who are moderately aware of Global Politics. In fact we (USA) are "allied" with the vast majority of the World. More so now than ever before, which IS a fact a good portion of adults might not know. Global economics and International Trade is a huge reason for this. Most people when reading this will immediately think of the Middle East. But the fact is that even there it is not the National elected or appointed Governments that our country is at odds with. Rather, it is only some radical rogue extremist factions. ISIL and the Taliban, Al Quaeda are three examples. Palestine could arguably be said to be an "enemy" because of its hostility with Israel, whom of course is our biggest and most crucial Middle East Ally. We give that Nation more money that we do anybody else, and have for years now.
Even China is technically an ally, though some recent events concerning cyber terrorism could soon change this dynamic.
greatkitteh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 11:36:09 AM
At 8/2/2015 1:29:17 AM, The_Running_Mate wrote:

I would hope that the vast majority of American adults are aware of this fact. As well as even teenagers who are moderately aware of Global Politics. In fact we (USA) are "allied" with the vast majority of the World. More so now than ever before, which IS a fact a good portion of adults might not know. Global economics and International Trade is a huge reason for this. Most people when reading this will immediately think of the Middle East. But the fact is that even there it is not the National elected or appointed Governments that our country is at odds with. Rather, it is only some radical rogue extremist factions. ISIL and the Taliban, Al Quaeda are three examples. Palestine could arguably be said to be an "enemy" because of its hostility with Israel, whom of course is our biggest and most crucial Middle East Ally. We give that Nation more money that we do anybody else, and have for years now.
Even China is technically an ally, though some recent events concerning cyber terrorism could soon change this dynamic.

I was being sarcastic, To point out about the usa vs every civllized nation flamewar. To be fair, america starts alot of them.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 12:26:38 PM

Not for much longer. Would you want the US as an ally anymore? The current leadership throws its allies under the bus.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
The_Running_Mate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 8:48:05 PM
At 8/2/2015 12:26:38 PM, sadolite wrote:

Not for much longer. Would you want the US as an ally anymore? The current leadership throws its allies under the bus.

That is a biased and opinionated statement that could be dis-proved with a variety of links and sources. Let me know if you'd like some. Meanwhile I have a comment that I believe you may find interesting. One that in fact you will most likely disagree with vehemently when I first broach it. And here it is: Do you know the World is actually more peaceful now than ever? And is getting more so all the time? Read this and then please do some more searching on it and you will be in for a pleasant surprise.

http://www.pri.org...
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 9:38:07 PM
At 8/2/2015 8:48:05 PM, The_Running_Mate wrote:
At 8/2/2015 12:26:38 PM, sadolite wrote:
That Canada, Australia, Most of europe, And America Are ALLIES, and Not Natural : : :

That is a biased and opinionated statement that could be dis-proved with a variety of Enemies?
links and sources. Let me know if you'd like some. Meanwhile I have a comment that I believe you may find interesting. One that in fact you will most likely disagree with vehemently when I first broach it. And here it is: Do you know the World is actually more peaceful now than ever? And is getting more so all the time? Read this and then please do some more searching on it and you will be in for a pleasant surprise.

http://www.pri.org...

I can find a source to back any confirmation bias
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%