Jump to topic:

The Conservative Issue

TheProphett
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 9:57:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hey, this is a little survey of mine. Give me one reason why you would want to yell and/or shout at a hardcore right-winger. Thanks!
Topics I would like to debate: https://docs.google.com...

Epic Quotes:

She's a cunning linguist, but I'm a master debater - Austin Powers

Economic Forum Revival Co-Leader

If you are interested in starting a political journal for the site, please contact me.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 10:16:14 PM
Gay rights.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 10:28:15 PM
Not listening to the smart people in their party.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
TheProphett
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 10:30:31 PM
At 8/2/2015 10:28:15 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

What smart people in their party?

Epic Quotes:

If you are interested in starting a political journal for the site, please contact me.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 10:35:12 PM
At 8/2/2015 10:30:31 PM, TheProphett wrote:

Exactly. That's the common perception, and it's because the conservative rabble jeer at the more intelligent Republicans ,who spend most of the time wringing their hands and politely asking the horde of roughnecks, rednecks, and religious fanatics that they've cobbled together to do something sane for once. They're being strangled by their base: just look at the primaries. Democrats don't have to pander to the hard-core element of their base during the primaries, so they typically field much more moderate and palatable candidates for the general election.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
TheProphett
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 10:36:57 PM
At 8/2/2015 10:35:12 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Exactly. That's the common perception, and it's because the conservative rabble jeer at the more intelligent Republicans ,who spend most of the time wringing their hands and politely asking the horde of roughnecks, rednecks, and religious fanatics that they've cobbled together to do something sane for once. They're being strangled by their base: just look at the primaries. Democrats don't have to pander to the hard-core element of their base during the primaries, so they typically field much more moderate and palatable candidates for the general election.

I agree 100%, although any remaining smart people in your party are at the bottom of the food chain. I myself, can walk both aisles, but I would rather go far left than far right.

Epic Quotes:

16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 11:07:08 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

*cough* Kasich *cough*

I am a Rubio guy too, but whatever.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 11:08:44 PM
At 8/2/2015 10:36:57 PM, TheProphett wrote:
At 8/2/2015 10:35:12 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

I agree 100%, although any remaining smart people in your party are at the bottom of the food chain. I myself, can walk both aisles, but I would rather go far left than far right.

It depends on how you define "far right". I am probably "far right," but I am not that crazy. I mean, auditing the Fed or abolishing it = cancer. But other than a few things like that (and the CSA flag BS), I agree with the right more than the left.
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 11:10:30 PM
Two.

STOP RAGING AT THE FEDERAL RESERVE YOU UNEDUCATED FVCKHEADS

and

THE SOUTH GOT TRASHED IN THE CIVIL WAR SO STFU ABOUT YOUR HERITAGE. GOVERNMENT BUILDINGS SHOULDN'T BE FLYING THE FLAG; NO ONE IS TRYING TO TAKE AWAY YOUR RIGHT TO BE AN IDIOT, SO KEEP FLYING IT AT YOUR DAMN HOUSE
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 11:20:09 PM
At 8/2/2015 9:57:20 PM, TheProphett wrote:
Hey, this is a little survey of mine. Give me one reason why you would want to yell and/or shout at a hardcore right-winger. Thanks!

The police and military worship they engage in, but honestly their police worship isn't as bad as the left publicly destroying the lives of several police officers merely doing their job.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 11:22:51 PM

Now that's just uncalled for.
briantheliberal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 11:25:35 PM

Where do I even start?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 11:29:07 PM
At 8/2/2015 11:10:30 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Two.

There are perfectly good reasons to abolish the Fed. Most of them center around ethical arguments, but there are others as well.

and

THE SOUTH GOT TRASHED IN THE CIVIL WAR SO STFU ABOUT YOUR HERITAGE. GOVERNMENT BUILDINGS SHOULDN'T BE FLYING THE FLAG; NO ONE IS TRYING TO TAKE AWAY YOUR RIGHT TO BE AN IDIOT, SO KEEP FLYING IT AT YOUR DAMN HOUSE

The south won the civil war, go fvck yourself.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 11:33:50 PM
At 8/2/2015 11:07:08 PM, 16kadams wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

*cough* Kasich *cough*

God, I'd vote for Kasich in a hot second.
- Hilaire Belloc -
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 11:35:02 PM
OH. Oh.

Even more important, to the fanatical anti-Islamic factions:

READ SOME BOOKS ON ACTUAL MIDDLE EASTERN HISTORY, YOU IGNORANT TROLLS.
- Hilaire Belloc -
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 11:38:59 PM
At 8/2/2015 11:35:02 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
OH. Oh.

Oh I have. It's as despicable if not more so than Christian history. Nothing to brag about.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 11:40:25 PM
At 8/2/2015 11:38:59 PM, Wylted wrote:
OH. Oh.

Oh I have. It's as despicable if not more so than Christian history. Nothing to brag about.

I doubt you've read anything good, and I highly doubt that you're analyzing history in any sane way.
- Hilaire Belloc -
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 11:53:16 PM
At 8/2/2015 11:40:25 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
OH. Oh.

I doubt you've read anything good, and I highly doubt that you're analyzing history in any sane way.

I've read the good and the bad, I'm just choosing to focus on the bad right now. The muslims have done some despicable things. Do you deny that statement?
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 11:56:06 PM
At 8/2/2015 11:53:16 PM, Wylted wrote:
OH. Oh.

I've read the good and the bad, I'm just choosing to focus on the bad right now. The muslims have done some despicable things. Do you deny that statement?

I think that it's a useless statement. Every nation which amounted to anything has done despicable things, by any age's standards. History should be analyzed in a detached manner, not moralized into a story of good versus evil. History isn't 'despicable', it's just history. Things that happened.
- Hilaire Belloc -
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 11:58:57 PM
At 8/2/2015 11:56:06 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
OH. Oh.

I think that it's a useless statement. Every nation which amounted to anything has done despicable things, by any age's standards. History should be analyzed in a detached manner, not moralized into a story of good versus evil. History isn't 'despicable', it's just history. Things that happened.

Okay, I can agree, but until people can look at Nazi Germany in a detached manner, I withhold the right to point out how disgusting Jews, Muslims and Christians are.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 12:03:36 AM
At 8/2/2015 11:58:57 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 8/2/2015 11:56:06 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
OH. Oh.

Okay, I can agree, but until people can look at Nazi Germany in a detached manner, I withhold the right to point out how disgusting Jews, Muslims and Christians are.

Yeah, the moral hysteria surrounding Nazism is distasteful to me as well, and in the end it doesn't to anything to prevent anything like that happening again. I mean, look at how some people react when the perfectly valid historical argument is put forth that Hitler wouldn't have committed genocide if he hadn't lost the war. Or that we may have done the same thing to the Japanese had our mainland been invaded. Those questions are important to answer, because they tell us WHY things like this happened, and the answer is never simple.
- Hilaire Belloc -
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 12:04:32 AM
At 8/2/2015 11:29:07 PM, Wylted wrote:
Two.

There are perfectly good reasons to abolish the Fed. Most of them center around ethical arguments, but there are others as well.

lol

and

Oh, I forgot
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 12:08:17 AM
At 8/2/2015 11:33:50 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 8/2/2015 11:07:08 PM, 16kadams wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

*cough* Kasich *cough*

God, I'd vote for Kasich in a hot second.

yessssss :D
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 12:08:30 AM
At 8/3/2015 12:04:32 AM, 16kadams wrote:
Two.

lol

I'm getting tired of seeing that statement mocked and it's why I'm going to destroy you or Joey in a debate on it, though when you guys lose you'll still hold to your guns and your beliefs and either b1txh about the voting or just concede that I'm a better debater, but it doesn't make me right.

and

Oh, I forgot
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 12:13:33 AM
At 8/3/2015 12:08:30 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 8/3/2015 12:04:32 AM, 16kadams wrote:
Two.

lol

I'm getting tired of seeing that statement mocked and it's why I'm going to destroy you or Joey in a debate on it, though when you guys lose you'll still hold to your guns and your beliefs and either b1txh about the voting or just concede that I'm a better debater, but it doesn't make me right.

I mean I don't see how you could make an ethical argument unless you make an economic one first, which could be done.

and

Oh, I forgot
The_Running_Mate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 1:19:40 AM

Before we could answer your question accurately I will ask you to define what you describe as a "hardcore right-winger." Since different folks have different ideas as to what that label implies. Thank you..answer that and I will respond and try to help you learn how the word "Conservative" and also "Liberal" have been skewed in American politics since about 20 years ago.
TheProphett
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 2:15:34 AM
At 8/3/2015 1:19:40 AM, The_Running_Mate wrote:

Before we could answer your question accurately I will ask you to define what you describe as a "hardcore right-winger." Since different folks have different ideas as to what that label implies. Thank you..answer that and I will respond and try to help you learn how the word "Conservative" and also "Liberal" have been skewed in American politics since about 20 years ago.

There's no need to explain. A visible divide is present, and we can distinguish right and left. What I mean by hardcore right wing is extremely anti global warming, lower taxes for top 1%ers, and things like that.

Epic Quotes:

jzonda415
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 3:55:53 AM

Supporting Trump.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 4:14:39 AM
I just love how this thread has gotten right-wingers to trash the GOP too.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King