Jump to topic:

Top 10 GOP Debate Discussion Thread

ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2015 12:08:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
First, hello everyone! I have emerged from the abyss, if only temporarily.

Second, I figured that this debate tonight would incite far too much fire in me for me to simply bottle my thoughts up for myself. For that reason, I'm going to use this thread to vent.

Feel free, as always, to contribute as you will. This is going to be an interesting hour, ladies and gentleman. Let's make the most of it!
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2015 12:11:22 AM
#TrumpTriumph16
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2015 12:25:45 AM
At 8/7/2015 12:17:34 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 8/7/2015 12:11:22 AM, thett3 wrote:
#TrumptheLump16

Nice

I'm in!
free streaming @ http://www.livenewschat.eu...
Carly Fiorina did well in the bottom class debate. Do think she could possibly improve her stats enough to be a Player or even a running mate 2016.
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2015 12:31:54 AM
I think Fiorina did a poor job as CEO of HP, but she does strike me as smart and strong
Undecided
Will the others in the first debate cancel their bid
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2015 12:32:56 AM
At 8/7/2015 12:25:45 AM, ironslippers wrote:
#TrumptheLump16

Nice

I'm in!

I was planning to watch it on my big screen, lol. But thanks!

Carly Fiorina did well in the bottom class debate. Do think she could possibly improve her stats enough to be a Player or even a running mate 2016.

I didn't see much of the second-tier debate, so I'm not really sure. I think there's a lot of variability in poll numbers due to MOE, anyway, so she probably wasn't that far off from actually qualifying. The problem of course is that even if she did do well, scoring in the so-called bottom tier is self-reinforcing, because the name recognition and news headlines will overwhelmingly go to the "top tier," and obviously primarily to Bush/Walker/Trump and maybe Rubio. But, sure, she could definitely qualify for next month's debate.

DDO's Economics Messiah
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2015 12:34:27 AM
At 8/7/2015 12:32:56 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
#TrumptheLump16

Nice

I'm in!

I didn't see much of the second-tier debate, so I'm not really sure. I think there's a lot of variability in poll numbers due to MOE, anyway, so she probably wasn't that far off from actually qualifying. The problem of course is that even if she did do well, scoring in the so-called bottom tier is self-reinforcing, because the name recognition and news headlines will overwhelmingly go to the "top tier," and obviously primarily to Bush/Walker/Trump and maybe Rubio. But, sure, she could definitely qualify for next month's debate.

MOE?
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2015 12:35:17 AM
At 8/7/2015 12:34:27 AM, ironslippers wrote:
At 8/7/2015 12:32:56 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
#TrumptheLump16

Nice

I'm in!

MOE?

Margin of error. Basically, it establishes a range for the poll numbers. I.e., Fiorina might have polled at 1.5 percent plus or minus 3 percentage points.

DDO's Economics Messiah
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2015 12:36:17 AM
Nice

I'm in!
Better quality: http://www.stream2watch.co... Stream 2 works well.

Oh God, can't wait to watch 10 incredibly ghastly Americans lash it out at each other. They say things to each other I want them to hear. What a lovely favour. :D
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2015 12:37:34 AM
I figuired it out just after I posted MOE

I added link because Fox isn't streaming for others
AdamEsk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2015 12:40:14 AM
I agree Fiorina was able to speak far more eloquently than any of the other candidates in the Happy Hour Debate, but she was a very poor CEO for HP which concerns me on how she would handle our economy. I predict FOX News will praise Carly Fiorina for the sole purpose of showing the world they have a woman candidate too.
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2015 12:40:31 AM
At 8/7/2015 12:36:17 AM, Mirza wrote:
Nice

I'm in!
Better quality: http://www.stream2watch.co... Stream 2 works well.

thanks Mirza and it a little faster
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2015 12:42:39 AM
At 8/7/2015 12:40:14 AM, AdamEsk wrote:
I agree Fiorina was able to speak far more eloquently than any of the other candidates in the Happy Hour Debate, but she was a very poor CEO for HP which concerns me on how she would handle our economy. I predict FOX News will praise Carly Fiorina for the sole purpose of showing the world they have a woman candidate too.

I agree with this. She seems like a sensible, reasonably intelligent person, but from what little I know of her business record, I'm somewhat frightened by her. Then again, I'm unconvinced that business acumen is necessarily a prerequisite for public office -- in fact, it may in fact be an impediment for an executive type like Trump to face the harsh realities of being POTUS -- but I'm worried nevertheless to the extent that her record of having been widely voted "worst CEO" reflects her character or aptitude.

DDO's Economics Messiah
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2015 12:43:13 AM

True
I enjoy these debate more than sport play-off/championship games. I wish others felt the same way
AdamEsk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2015 12:43:55 AM
Oh God, can't wait to watch 10 incredibly ghastly Americans lash it out at each other. They say things to each other I want them to hear. What a lovely favour. :D

I want to see someone take on Trump by asking how he will do any of the things he says he'll do. He won't have a response
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2015 12:44:47 AM
At 8/7/2015 12:43:55 AM, AdamEsk wrote:
I want to see someone take on Trump by asking how he will do any of the things he says he'll do. He won't have a response
Trust me, he will. And he'll explain it by saying "It's very simple." Can't be clearer than that.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2015 12:45:01 AM
At 8/7/2015 12:43:13 AM, ironslippers wrote:

True
I enjoy these debate more than sport play-off/championship games. I wish others felt the same way

I totally feel that. Election day is like the superbowl for me. I don't even really care about who wins (although I root for Republicans on a "sports team" level) but the math like the percentages just fascinates me.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

AdamEsk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2015 12:46:04 AM
Trust me, he will. And he'll explain it by saying "It's very simple." Can't be clearer than that.

Ha. I see Mirza as a closet Rand Paul fan.
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2015 12:46:43 AM
#Goldwater2016
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz

"No aspect of your facial structure suggests Filipino descent."
~ YYW
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2015 12:47:03 AM
At 8/7/2015 12:46:34 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
If Rand calls Cruz a "compromiser", I have to give Bossy 20 dollars. Watching this is going to be so intense.

You'd better have $20 ready
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2015 12:47:28 AM
http://www.rollingstone.com...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2015 12:47:58 AM
At 8/7/2015 12:47:03 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 8/7/2015 12:46:34 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
If Rand calls Cruz a "compromiser", I have to give Bossy 20 dollars. Watching this is going to be so intense.

You'd better have $20 ready

=P
AdamEsk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2015 12:48:27 AM
True

I totally feel that. Election day is like the superbowl for me. I don't even really care about who wins (although I root for Republicans on a "sports team" level) but the math like the percentages just fascinates me.

I get more pissed when keeping up with elections than any sport. Even when I lost $250 on Russell Wilson's last-second interception that lost them the SuperBowl...
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2015 12:50:12 AM
At 8/7/2015 12:42:39 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

I agree with this. She seems like a sensible, reasonably intelligent person, but from what little I know of her business record, I'm somewhat frightened by her. Then again, I'm unconvinced that business acumen is necessarily a prerequisite for public office -- in fact, it may in fact be an impediment for an executive type like Trump to face the harsh realities of being POTUS -- but I'm worried nevertheless to the extent that her record of having been widely voted "worst CEO" reflects her character or aptitude.

My Grandma used to work with Fiorina at AT&T, and apparently she's a b1tch irl.
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2015 12:51:12 AM
At 8/7/2015 12:49:13 AM, Mirza wrote:
So, Americans, who are you all rooting for? Honestly speaking.

Rand, obviously.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz

"No aspect of your facial structure suggests Filipino descent."
~ YYW
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2015 12:51:17 AM

Goldman Sachs. So I win no matter what
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2015 12:51:53 AM
At 8/7/2015 12:50:12 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 8/7/2015 12:42:39 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

My Grandma used to work with Fiorina at AT&T, and apparently she's a b1tch irl.

Eh, personality isn't much of a concern to me, lol.

DDO's Economics Messiah
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2015 12:52:15 AM

Which would annoy you the most? Because that's who I'm rooting for. :)