Total Posts:64|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why you should support the Fair Tax Act.

Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 4:51:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/9/2015 4:44:54 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
I am a radical liberal, but I support the Fair Tax Act. https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net...

Cool, and you can raise taxes on 47% of Americans, mostly the poor, elderly, and low income families.
You must hate them.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 4:56:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Oh, and let's not forget that this is actually a huge tax cut for the rich, since the rich save/invest a vast majority of their money.
My work here is, finally, done.
ILoveSitarMusic
Posts: 225
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 5:06:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/9/2015 4:51:13 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/9/2015 4:44:54 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
I am a radical liberal, but I support the Fair Tax Act. https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net...

Cool, and you can raise taxes on 47% of Americans, mostly the poor, elderly, and low income families.
You must hate them.
Strawman fallacy. I never said that I hate anyone, nor do I want to ever overtax people. It is wrong to lie. The only tax I support is a sales tax.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 5:11:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/9/2015 5:06:15 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 8/9/2015 4:51:13 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/9/2015 4:44:54 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
I am a radical liberal, but I support the Fair Tax Act. https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net...

Cool, and you can raise taxes on 47% of Americans, mostly the poor, elderly, and low income families.
You must hate them.
Strawman fallacy. I never said that I hate anyone, nor do I want to ever overtax people. It is wrong to lie.
Good. Now remember this everytime you strawman others, for example, saying I only care about money.

The only tax I support is a sales tax.
So, when you have a taxpayer who literally receives a check from the IRS for $4,000, and they now have to pay a tax on their purchases, is that a tax increase?
If the rich man who pays 25% of his income in taxes on his $10 million, now only pays taxes on the money he spends and not the money he puts in the bank, is that a tax cut?

Tell me, what percent is this sales tax supposed to be?
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 5:14:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/9/2015 5:06:15 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 8/9/2015 4:51:13 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/9/2015 4:44:54 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
I am a radical liberal, but I support the Fair Tax Act. https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net...

Cool, and you can raise taxes on 47% of Americans, mostly the poor, elderly, and low income families.
You must hate them.
Strawman fallacy. I never said that I hate anyone, nor do I want to ever overtax people. It is wrong to lie. The only tax I support is a sales tax.

You did not address the fact that about 47% of Americans, who pay no federal income tax, will now be paying a federal fair tax. Do you care to?

You are aware that the Fair Tax eliminates the current tax code, which means no corporate taxes and no tax credits for individuals, such as a child tax credit?
My work here is, finally, done.
ILoveSitarMusic
Posts: 225
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 5:19:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/9/2015 5:11:30 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/9/2015 5:06:15 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 8/9/2015 4:51:13 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/9/2015 4:44:54 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
I am a radical liberal, but I support the Fair Tax Act. https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net...

Cool, and you can raise taxes on 47% of Americans, mostly the poor, elderly, and low income families.
You must hate them.
Strawman fallacy. I never said that I hate anyone, nor do I want to ever overtax people. It is wrong to lie.
Good. Now remember this everytime you strawman others, for example, saying I only care about money.

The only tax I support is a sales tax.
So, when you have a taxpayer who literally receives a check from the IRS for $4,000, and they now have to pay a tax on their purchases, is that a tax increase?
If the rich man who pays 25% of his income in taxes on his $10 million, now only pays taxes on the money he spends and not the money he puts in the bank, is that a tax cut?

Tell me, what percent is this sales tax supposed to be?

I do not strawman peopkle. I just pointed out the logical conclusuion of your own words. you need to stop trolling and debate the facts. This debate is about the Fair Tax Act. What do you have to say about that/ Fact: Saying that only people who can pay for healthcare can have healthcare is saying that money is more important than people. Conservatives only care about money, not people. This is a debate site not a troll forum. You put the con in controll.
ILoveSitarMusic
Posts: 225
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 5:21:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/9/2015 5:14:51 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/9/2015 5:06:15 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 8/9/2015 4:51:13 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/9/2015 4:44:54 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
I am a radical liberal, but I support the Fair Tax Act. https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net...

Cool, and you can raise taxes on 47% of Americans, mostly the poor, elderly, and low income families.
You must hate them.
Strawman fallacy. I never said that I hate anyone, nor do I want to ever overtax people. It is wrong to lie. The only tax I support is a sales tax.

You did not address the fact that about 47% of Americans, who pay no federal income tax, will now be paying a federal fair tax. Do you care to?

You are aware that the Fair Tax eliminates the current tax code, which means no corporate taxes and no tax credits for individuals, such as a child tax credit?
I am a liberal, but our tax system is phucking retarded.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 5:21:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/9/2015 5:19:05 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 8/9/2015 5:11:30 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/9/2015 5:06:15 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 8/9/2015 4:51:13 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/9/2015 4:44:54 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
I am a radical liberal, but I support the Fair Tax Act. https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net...

Cool, and you can raise taxes on 47% of Americans, mostly the poor, elderly, and low income families.
You must hate them.
Strawman fallacy. I never said that I hate anyone, nor do I want to ever overtax people. It is wrong to lie.
Good. Now remember this everytime you strawman others, for example, saying I only care about money.

The only tax I support is a sales tax.
So, when you have a taxpayer who literally receives a check from the IRS for $4,000, and they now have to pay a tax on their purchases, is that a tax increase?
If the rich man who pays 25% of his income in taxes on his $10 million, now only pays taxes on the money he spends and not the money he puts in the bank, is that a tax cut?

Tell me, what percent is this sales tax supposed to be?

I do not strawman peopkle. I just pointed out the logical conclusuion of your own words. you need to stop trolling and debate the facts. This debate is about the Fair Tax Act. What do you have to say about that/ Fact: Saying that only people who can pay for healthcare can have healthcare is saying that money is more important than people. Conservatives only care about money, not people. This is a debate site not a troll forum. You put the con in controll.

I have given you facts, that the fair tax is a tax increase for 47% of Americans, and you have not addressed it.
Who is not debating facts? YOU!!!

If you can read, you clearly should know my thoughts on the matter at hand, so actually address them.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 5:24:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/9/2015 5:21:08 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 8/9/2015 5:14:51 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/9/2015 5:06:15 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 8/9/2015 4:51:13 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/9/2015 4:44:54 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
I am a radical liberal, but I support the Fair Tax Act. https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net...

Cool, and you can raise taxes on 47% of Americans, mostly the poor, elderly, and low income families.
You must hate them.
Strawman fallacy. I never said that I hate anyone, nor do I want to ever overtax people. It is wrong to lie. The only tax I support is a sales tax.

You did not address the fact that about 47% of Americans, who pay no federal income tax, will now be paying a federal fair tax. Do you care to?

You are aware that the Fair Tax eliminates the current tax code, which means no corporate taxes and no tax credits for individuals, such as a child tax credit?
I am a liberal, but our tax system is phucking retarded.

So, your solution is to eliminate Social Security and Medicare taxes, while increasing taxes on the poor and elderly, and decreasing taxes on the rich, because our tax system is "phucking retarded"?
My work here is, finally, done.
ILoveSitarMusic
Posts: 225
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 5:31:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/9/2015 5:24:45 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/9/2015 5:21:08 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 8/9/2015 5:14:51 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/9/2015 5:06:15 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 8/9/2015 4:51:13 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/9/2015 4:44:54 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
I am a radical liberal, but I support the Fair Tax Act. https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net...

Cool, and you can raise taxes on 47% of Americans, mostly the poor, elderly, and low income families.
You must hate them.
Strawman fallacy. I never said that I hate anyone, nor do I want to ever overtax people. It is wrong to lie. The only tax I support is a sales tax.

You did not address the fact that about 47% of Americans, who pay no federal income tax, will now be paying a federal fair tax. Do you care to?

You are aware that the Fair Tax eliminates the current tax code, which means no corporate taxes and no tax credits for individuals, such as a child tax credit?
I am a liberal, but our tax system is phucking retarded.

So, your solution is to eliminate Social Security and Medicare taxes, while increasing taxes on the poor and elderly, and decreasing taxes on the rich, because our tax system is "phucking retarded"?
That is not what I said.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 5:32:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
1. Keep you entire paycheck.

This is misleading. This means that there are no withholdings, including Social Security and Medicare taxes, but it is of little value if you still pay taxes when you shop.

2. Everyone pays their fair share.

False. Everyone pays their share of consumption, but earnings are not taxed, and neither are investments, interest, or dividends, so, while the rich have money to save, the poor do not, and this tax actually hurt them, especially when combined with the loss of tax credits.

3. Eliminates our complex tax code.

This is true; however, it puts full faith that our politicians will fund the proper programs with said money, most notably Social Security and Medicare.

4. Pay tax only on what you spend.

Which suggests that the tax is regressive, and combined with point two, suggests that it isn't about paying a fair share of anything, unless we all spend the same proportion of our income, which is categorically laughable.

5. Immediately abolishes the IRS.

Misleading.
First, you will need some agency to collect and report and investigate the collected taxes.
Second, the Fair Tax, IIRC, sends out its rebate checks, which requires some agency to send them out. So, while the IRS may go away as we know it, there is still some agency behind.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 5:35:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/9/2015 5:31:09 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:

So, your solution is to eliminate Social Security and Medicare taxes, while increasing taxes on the poor and elderly, and decreasing taxes on the rich, because our tax system is "phucking retarded"?
That is not what I said.

This is what the Fair Tax would do, and you support it. Your reason for supporting this is because our current system is "phucking retarded", which is the only response you have giving me about my raised points.

So, either you agree with this, or you don't know what you are talking about. In either case, you need to respond with more than one sentence.
My work here is, finally, done.
ILoveSitarMusic
Posts: 225
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 5:36:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/9/2015 5:35:05 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/9/2015 5:31:09 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:

So, your solution is to eliminate Social Security and Medicare taxes, while increasing taxes on the poor and elderly, and decreasing taxes on the rich, because our tax system is "phucking retarded"?
That is not what I said.

This is what the Fair Tax would do, and you support it. Your reason for supporting this is because our current system is "phucking retarded", which is the only response you have giving me about my raised points.

So, either you agree with this, or you don't know what you are talking about. In either case, you need to respond with more than one sentence.

Fact: The only tax I support is a sales tax.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 5:46:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/9/2015 5:36:58 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 8/9/2015 5:35:05 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/9/2015 5:31:09 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:

So, your solution is to eliminate Social Security and Medicare taxes, while increasing taxes on the poor and elderly, and decreasing taxes on the rich, because our tax system is "phucking retarded"?
That is not what I said.

This is what the Fair Tax would do, and you support it. Your reason for supporting this is because our current system is "phucking retarded", which is the only response you have giving me about my raised points.

So, either you agree with this, or you don't know what you are talking about. In either case, you need to respond with more than one sentence.

Fact: The only tax I support is a sales tax.

So, you oppose medicare taxes, social security taxes, unemployment taxes, corporate taxes, and income taxes. What was false with what I said?

The fair tax is about a 23% tax, which is more than what 47% of Americans pay in taxes of their income/payroll, which means it's a tax increase. How is this false?

Barack Obama's tax rate was 18.8% last year. If he only spends half of his earned money, and saves the other $200K+, then his tax rate will only be 11.5%, thus, a tax cut. Again, how is this false?
https://www.whitehouse.gov...

Oh, and in case you didn't realize, this tax is also a tax on DEBT, which means it hits the poor even harder, since they are taxed on money they do not have.

So, defend your position.
My work here is, finally, done.
ILoveSitarMusic
Posts: 225
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 5:49:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/9/2015 5:46:12 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/9/2015 5:36:58 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 8/9/2015 5:35:05 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/9/2015 5:31:09 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:

So, your solution is to eliminate Social Security and Medicare taxes, while increasing taxes on the poor and elderly, and decreasing taxes on the rich, because our tax system is "phucking retarded"?
That is not what I said.

This is what the Fair Tax would do, and you support it. Your reason for supporting this is because our current system is "phucking retarded", which is the only response you have giving me about my raised points.

So, either you agree with this, or you don't know what you are talking about. In either case, you need to respond with more than one sentence.

Fact: The only tax I support is a sales tax.

So, you oppose medicare taxes, social security taxes, unemployment taxes, corporate taxes, and income taxes. What was false with what I said?

The fair tax is about a 23% tax, which is more than what 47% of Americans pay in taxes of their income/payroll, which means it's a tax increase. How is this false?

Barack Obama's tax rate was 18.8% last year. If he only spends half of his earned money, and saves the other $200K+, then his tax rate will only be 11.5%, thus, a tax cut. Again, how is this false?
https://www.whitehouse.gov...


Oh, and in case you didn't realize, this tax is also a tax on DEBT, which means it hits the poor even harder, since they are taxed on money they do not have.

So, defend your position.

Don't tell me what to do. I don't take orders from anyone. The FACT is that I support only a sales tax. The money generated by said tax would pay for things like Medicare, and welfare.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 5:55:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/9/2015 5:49:46 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:

Don't tell me what to do. I don't take orders from anyone. The FACT is that I support only a sales tax. The money generated by said tax would pay for things like Medicare, and welfare.

Ah, more hypocrisy and another dead end for discussion. Why do you even bother posting?

The issue isn't that it will generate the money, it is at what effect.
By supporting a sales tax you support everything I said, as that is your position. That is the FACT.

Good day.
Have fun paying a 23% tax on medical bills and insurance payments.
My work here is, finally, done.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 7:59:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/9/2015 5:11:30 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/9/2015 5:06:15 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 8/9/2015 4:51:13 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/9/2015 4:44:54 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
I am a radical liberal, but I support the Fair Tax Act. https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net...

Cool, and you can raise taxes on 47% of Americans, mostly the poor, elderly, and low income families.
You must hate them.
Strawman fallacy. I never said that I hate anyone, nor do I want to ever overtax people. It is wrong to lie.
Good. Now remember this everytime you strawman others, for example, saying I only care about money.

The only tax I support is a sales tax.
So, when you have a taxpayer who literally receives a check from the IRS for $4,000, and they now have to pay a tax on their purchases, is that a tax increase?
If the rich man who pays 25% of his income in taxes on his $10 million, now only pays taxes on the money he spends and not the money he puts in the bank, is that a tax cut?

Tell me, what percent is this sales tax supposed to be?

18 percent. I also see no problem with the rich paying less in taxes, while we have a tax policy that doesn't actually increase the poor's tax burden and also keeps tax revenue exactly the same.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 8:05:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/9/2015 5:14:51 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/9/2015 5:06:15 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 8/9/2015 4:51:13 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/9/2015 4:44:54 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
I am a radical liberal, but I support the Fair Tax Act. https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net...

Cool, and you can raise taxes on 47% of Americans, mostly the poor, elderly, and low income families.
You must hate them

I'll address it, even though I know you're trolling her. Many items are taxed multiple times, through the corporate tax. A loaf of bread for example has every company involved being taxed. The farmers they buy wheat from, the company that provides the plastic for the wrapping the bread company itself. It's estimated that every item you buy has a 30% imbedded tax passed onto the consumer. At least this way the tax rate isn't hidden from the poor and is actually a tax deduction. Not to mention that the fair tax plan doesn't tax all items. For example used goods and stuff you get from goodwill wouldn't be taxed.

Strawman fallacy. I never said that I hate anyone, nor do I want to ever overtax people. It is wrong to lie. The only tax I support is a sales tax.

You did not address the fact that about 47% of Americans, who pay no federal income tax, will now be paying a federal fair tax. Do you care to?

You are aware that the Fair Tax eliminates the current tax code, which means no corporate taxes and no tax credits for individuals, such as a child tax credit?

Oh those 47% pay taxes. Businesses don't. If the corporate tax rate is too high they put their offices overseas, taking many high paying jobs with them, and they find ways to pass on the costs of taxes to consumers.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 8:06:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/9/2015 5:24:45 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/9/2015 5:21:08 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 8/9/2015 5:14:51 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/9/2015 5:06:15 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 8/9/2015 4:51:13 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/9/2015 4:44:54 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
I am a radical liberal, but I support the Fair Tax Act. https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net...

Cool, and you can raise taxes on 47% of Americans, mostly the poor, elderly, and low income families.
You must hate them.
Strawman fallacy. I never said that I hate anyone, nor do I want to ever overtax people. It is wrong to lie. The only tax I support is a sales tax.

You did not address the fact that about 47% of Americans, who pay no federal income tax, will now be paying a federal fair tax. Do you care to?

You are aware that the Fair Tax eliminates the current tax code, which means no corporate taxes and no tax credits for individuals, such as a child tax credit?
I am a liberal, but our tax system is phucking retarded.

So, your solution is to eliminate Social Security and Medicare taxes, while increasing taxes on the poor and elderly, and decreasing taxes on the rich, because our tax system is "phucking retarded"?

It wouldn't eliminate those taxes, though I wouldn't mind if it did and replaced it with the basic minimum income.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 8:18:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/9/2015 5:32:39 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
1. Keep you entire paycheck.

This is misleading. This means that there are no withholdings, including Social Security and Medicare taxes, but it is of little value if you still pay taxes when you shop.

30% of the cost of products is from taxes from multiple companies involved in the process. It isn't as misleading as you think.

2. Everyone pays their fair share.

False. Everyone pays their share of consumption, but earnings are not taxed, and neither are investments, interest, or dividends, so, while the rich have money to save, the poor do not, and this tax actually hurt them, especially when combined with the loss of tax credits.

The poor actually get every dollar they spend on taxes mailed back to them quarterly, so it would be pretty easy for them to put that straight into a Roth IRA. Not to mention that if poor people are being hurt exactly the same (remember they can't save now) than there is nothing wrong with the wealthy being treated nicer.

3. Eliminates our complex tax code.

This is true; however, it puts full faith that our politicians will fund the proper programs with said money, most notably Social Security and Medicare.

Social security and Medicaid excluded. Though I'll concede a tax that is somewhat hidden like this is easier to increase and other taxes may seep back into the system. You really need a well informed and vigilant public to keep politicians from making the tax code unfair again. But honestly you need a well informed and vigilant public to keep politicians from ruining things in any system.

4. Pay tax only on what you spend.

Which suggests that the tax is regressive, and combined with point two, suggests that it isn't about paying a fair share of anything, unless we all spend the same proportion of our income, which is categorically laughable.

The stipend check actually makes it progressive. Since the poor get back everything they pay, it's a zero percent tax on them and since the more money you make the more you spend, the wealthier you get the higher total percentage you spend on taxes, on purchases. The stipend does a lot to make it a progressive tax. I think I posted a chart of this in my debate with YYW on the topic.

5. Immediately abolishes the IRS.

Misleading.
First, you will need some agency to collect and report and investigate the collected taxes.
Second, the Fair Tax, IIRC, sends out its rebate checks, which requires some agency to send them out. So, while the IRS may go away as we know it, there is still some agency behind.

True, it wouldn't completely eliminate the IRS, but it would dramatically reduce the amount of funding they would need. A good percentage of our taxes are spent just finding them, and let's not forget the money spent just attempting to comply with the tax code. Tons of money that could otherwise be spent in the market.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 8:22:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/9/2015 4:44:54 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
I am a radical liberal, but I support the Fair Tax Act. https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net...

Khaos brings up some good points though. If you're going to start a thread in support of something on a debate site, you should be prepared to defend your beliefs instead of acting like a coward about it. If you're not that informed on something, than you should do more listening and less talking.
ecco
Posts: 180
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 1:30:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/9/2015 4:44:54 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
I am a radical liberal, but I support the Fair Tax Act. https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net...

Shown Here:
Introduced in House (01/06/2015)

FairTax Act of 2015

This bill is a tax reform proposal that imposes a national sales tax on the use or consumption in the United States ... The rate of the sales tax will be 23% in 2017

Oh goody, a clear, unambiguous tax code that is fair to everyone.

If someone buys a $15,000,000 in Sweden and doesn't bring it into US territorial waters, he pays no taxes. Does he pay any tax if he uses it in US territorial waters for a day? How much?

If someone buys $10,000 caviar in Russia and has it shipped to the US and eats only half and donates half to a Senator, does he pay tax on only $5,000?

Well, I guess that's not much better or worse than wealthy people spending a lot of money for tax lawyers and avoid paying taxes altogether.
Think
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 1:37:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/9/2015 1:30:17 PM, ecco wrote:
At 8/9/2015 4:44:54 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
I am a radical liberal, but I support the Fair Tax Act. https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net...

Shown Here:
Introduced in House (01/06/2015)

FairTax Act of 2015

This bill is a tax reform proposal that imposes a national sales tax on the use or consumption in the United States ... The rate of the sales tax will be 23% in 2017

Oh goody, a clear, unambiguous tax code that is fair to everyone.

If someone buys a $15,000,000 in Sweden and doesn't bring it into US territorial waters, he pays no taxes. Does he pay any tax if he uses it in US territorial waters for a day? How much?

If someone buys $10,000 caviar in Russia and has it shipped to the US and eats only half and donates half to a Senator, does he pay tax on only $5,000?

Well, I guess that's not much better or worse than wealthy people spending a lot of money for tax lawyers and avoid paying taxes altogether.

What's wrong with avoiding taxes? Is it wrong to avoid being robbed at gun point also?
iqpiblog
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 1:46:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
no tax is fair

the elite always have and continue to greedily deprive a society with a fairer distribution of wealth
slo1
Posts: 4,354
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 2:29:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/9/2015 4:44:54 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
I am a radical liberal, but I support the Fair Tax Act. https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net...

How is it fair when politicians pick and choose which sales transactions are taxed. Will stock and bond transactions be taxed?
ecco
Posts: 180
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 3:28:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/9/2015 1:37:43 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 8/9/2015 1:30:17 PM, ecco wrote:
At 8/9/2015 4:44:54 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
I am a radical liberal, but I support the Fair Tax Act. https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net...

Shown Here:
Introduced in House (01/06/2015)

FairTax Act of 2015

This bill is a tax reform proposal that imposes a national sales tax on the use or consumption in the United States ... The rate of the sales tax will be 23% in 2017

Oh goody, a clear, unambiguous tax code that is fair to everyone.

If someone buys a $15,000,000 in Sweden and doesn't bring it into US territorial waters, he pays no taxes. Does he pay any tax if he uses it in US territorial waters for a day? How much?

If someone buys $10,000 caviar in Russia and has it shipped to the US and eats only half and donates half to a Senator, does he pay tax on only $5,000?

Well, I guess that's not much better or worse than wealthy people spending a lot of money for tax lawyers and avoid paying taxes altogether.

What's wrong with avoiding taxes? Is it wrong to avoid being robbed at gun point also?

Nothing. Now, do you care to comment on the proposed tax code?
Think
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,306
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 3:35:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I think the idea is if the poor isn't taxed at all, then they won't care how taxes are spent, or how much debt accumulates, yet they have the power to elect leaders who control the national budget for them. Possibly, the idea of representation without taxation is a recipe for unaccountable, irresponsible stewardship of government funded programs set up in the spirit of socialism.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 4:34:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/9/2015 1:37:43 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 8/9/2015 1:30:17 PM, ecco wrote:
At 8/9/2015 4:44:54 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
I am a radical liberal, but I support the Fair Tax Act. https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net...

Shown Here:
Introduced in House (01/06/2015)

FairTax Act of 2015

This bill is a tax reform proposal that imposes a national sales tax on the use or consumption in the United States ... The rate of the sales tax will be 23% in 2017

Oh goody, a clear, unambiguous tax code that is fair to everyone.

If someone buys a $15,000,000 in Sweden and doesn't bring it into US territorial waters, he pays no taxes. Does he pay any tax if he uses it in US territorial waters for a day? How much?

If someone buys $10,000 caviar in Russia and has it shipped to the US and eats only half and donates half to a Senator, does he pay tax on only $5,000?

Well, I guess that's not much better or worse than wealthy people spending a lot of money for tax lawyers and avoid paying taxes altogether.

What's wrong with avoiding taxes? Is it wrong to avoid being robbed at gun point also?

Oh my God.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 4:59:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/9/2015 4:51:13 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/9/2015 4:44:54 AM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
I am a radical liberal, but I support the Fair Tax Act. https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net...

Cool, and you can raise taxes on 47% of Americans, mostly the poor, elderly, and low income families.
You must hate them.

We can add this to the "list of issues we agree on." I think we're 5 strong.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah