Jump to topic:

Is Donald Trump 'trolling' the GOP?

NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 5:45:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Let's take a moment and listen to what Donald Trump has said about some of his fellow Republican politicians.

1. Here's Donald Trump talking about John McCain's war record: "He's not a war hero," Trump said. "He's a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren't captured."

2. Here he is referring to former Texas governor Rick Perry's IQ: "He should be forced to take an IQ test before being allowed to enter the GOP debate,"

3. And lastly, here's Donald Trump calling Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina an idiot: "I watched this idiot Lindsey Graham on television today."

The real question here is not whether or not Donald Trump is trolling the GOP; it is, rather, "When will people realize that?".
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 5:59:52 PM
At 8/12/2015 5:45:45 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
Let's take a moment and listen to what Donald Trump has said about some of his fellow Republican politicians.

1. Here's Donald Trump talking about John McCain's war record: "He's not a war hero," Trump said. "He's a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren't captured."

2. Here he is referring to former Texas governor Rick Perry's IQ: "He should be forced to take an IQ test before being allowed to enter the GOP debate,"

3. And lastly, here's Donald Trump calling Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina an idiot: "I watched this idiot Lindsey Graham on television today."

The real question here is not whether or not Donald Trump is trolling the GOP; it is, rather, "When will people realize that?".

I think there's a difference between trolling people and just being an a** :P
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 6:02:10 PM
At 8/12/2015 5:59:52 PM, imabench wrote:

I will never know why people find profanity to be acceptable or even funny...
Pro-Life Quotes:

- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

- Dr. Seuss
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 10:50:34 PM
At 8/12/2015 6:02:10 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:

There is nothing inherently wrong with cursing, lol.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 11:22:13 PM
At 8/12/2015 10:50:34 PM, 16kadams wrote:

Would you want your child to be exposed to profanity?
Pro-Life Quotes:

- Ronald Reagan

- Thomas Jefferson

- Dr. Seuss
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 11:29:52 PM
At 8/12/2015 11:22:13 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:

Children will be more likely to use profanity inappropriately if you don't expose them to it in a normal manner.
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 11:49:41 PM
At 8/12/2015 11:29:52 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

Children will be more likely to use profanity inappropriately if you don't expose them to it in a normal manner.
Children should be informed about profanity, so they do not use it. They should be told not to use those words, not exposed to others using those words. It sets a bad example for children.
Pro-Life Quotes:

- Ronald Reagan

- Thomas Jefferson

- Dr. Seuss
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 11:59:44 PM

The only reason I would say no is because society told me that the word fvck, sh!t, bastard, etc. were "bad." There is no reason why specific words should be considered "bad," except maybe a word using the Lord's name in vain (if you interpret that commandment that way, when it is possible that it was referring to contracts and not cussing...)
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 12:45:25 AM

I think Donald Trump is pretty damn funny. None of that bothers me. Like him, I think political correctness is BS and applaud him on not succumbing to it.

It's his inability to discuss policy that bothers me. When he talks policy at length, he tends to say some very unconservative things. Hell, I think he semi-endorsed single payer healthcare during the debate.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 1:26:40 PM

"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 4:46:08 PM

He has a point. Being captured in war doesn't automatically make you a war hero, being U captured is better, though neither by itself make you a war hero. It seems people think signing up and serving during wartime is enough to get called a hero, but people with sense know it is too low of a bar and disrespectful to real heroes, people such as those who dive on a grenade to save 6 lives.

He has a point. Why even allow low IQ people into the debate, you can't have an intelligent discussion, without intelligent people.

Lindsey Graham is an idiot. This guy is just being honest. Do you prefer honesty from politicians or do you prefer liars?
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2015 1:37:22 AM
The best thing that could happen is that Trump loses the GOP nomination, runs as an independent , takes the 20% GOP support he has right now with him, and plays as a spoiler. That pretty much guarantees a Democrat win in the election.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2015 11:34:45 PM
Many people find Trump to be a refreshing change from all these politicians who are afraid to just say what they are thinking. The more influential people in the republican party would prefer to not have a candidate who thinks it is cool to say things that offend people.
I don't think Trump is serious about becoming President.
Rocky_Bottom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2015 4:54:40 PM
At 8/14/2015 11:34:45 PM, xus00HAY wrote:
Many people find Trump to be a refreshing change from all these politicians who are afraid to just say what they are thinking. The more influential people in the republican party would prefer to not have a candidate who thinks it is cool to say things that offend people.
I don't think Trump is serious about becoming President.

I was thinking trump is an enigma but upon thinking more about it i think his supporters are enigmas.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2015 5:54:58 PM

I agree with Trumps' assessment of McCain. A real hero would not have allowed himself to be captured... but that's inconsequential.

The whole "McCain" problem with Trump isn't really a problem at all. It's just something Trump did to define himself as someone who isn't a conventional Washington guy, and it was tactically very effective even if Trump probably had no idea what impact his saying that would be.

Well, it goes without saying that Rick Perry is one of the stupidest politicians in the aggregated history of the Western World. Trump went to Wharton. Again, this is him drawing contrast between Trump and other people. It's his implicit way of saying "I'm smarter than all of these guys" in terms that most Americans (and specifically the Republican base) will both understand and appreciate. The mention of IQ doesn't matter beyond that...

Lindsey Graham is an idiot, and Turmp is "calling it like he sees it." This reinforces his personal brand of "straight shooter" which is code for "I'm a no-bullsh!t guy," which, again, is a way to draw contrast.

Trump will win the nomination.
Tsar of DDO