Jump to topic:

Diary of an Unborn Child

Hardtruthmerchant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 1:37:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Week One: Mommy, I am only 8 inches long, but I have all my organs. I love the sound of your voice. Every time I hear it, I wave my arms and legs. The sound of your heart beat is my favorite lullaby.
Week Two: Mommy, today I learned how to suck my thumb. If you could see me, you could definitely tell that I am a baby. I'm not big enough to survive outside my home though. It is so nice and warm in here.
Week Three: You know what Mommy, I'm a girl!! I hope that makes you happy. I always want you to be happy. I don't like it when you cry. You sound so sad. It makes me sad too, and I cry with you even though you can't hear me.
Week Four: Mommy, my hair is starting to grow. It is very short and fine, but I will have a lot of it. I spend a lot of my time exercising. I can turn my head and curl my fingers and toes, and stretch my arms and legs. I am becoming quite good at it too.
Week Five: You went to the doctor today. Mommy, he lied to you. He said that I'm not a baby. I am a baby Mommy, your baby. I think and feel. Mommy, what's abortion?
Week Six: I can hear that doctor again. I don't like him. He seems cold and heartless. Something is intruding my home. The doctor called it a needle. Mommy what is it? It burns! Please make him stop! I can't get away from it! Mommy!! HELP me!! No...
Week Seven: Mommy, I am okay. I am in Jesus' arms. He is holding me. He told me about abortion. Why didn't you want me Mommy? We would have been so happy together.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 3:50:24 AM
Ok... that was depressing. Not that this post is going to get through to the more intellectual and emotionally hardened members of this website. Emotional appeals like this are better off on Facebook.
Nolite Timere
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 3:56:51 AM
How...unsatisfying.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 5:21:32 AM
I think that my version is a bit more realistic:

Week One: ...
Week Two: ...
Week Three: ...
Week Four: ...
Week Six: ...
Week Seven: ...
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 5:40:11 AM
At 8/22/2015 5:21:32 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

+1.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 5:53:25 AM

Excellent
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 9:01:02 AM
Why would the baby think it would be happier with it's mom who murdered it than with Jesus? Is Jesus really that bad of a guy?
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 9:31:47 AM
At 8/22/2015 1:37:02 AM, Hardtruthmerchant wrote:
Week One: Mommy, I am only 8 inches long, but I have all my organs. I love the sound of your voice. Every time I hear it, I wave my arms and legs. The sound of your heart beat is my favorite lullaby.
Week Two: Mommy, today I learned how to suck my thumb. If you could see me, you could definitely tell that I am a baby. I'm not big enough to survive outside my home though. It is so nice and warm in here.
Week Three: You know what Mommy, I'm a girl!! I hope that makes you happy. I always want you to be happy. I don't like it when you cry. You sound so sad. It makes me sad too, and I cry with you even though you can't hear me.
Week Four: Mommy, my hair is starting to grow. It is very short and fine, but I will have a lot of it. I spend a lot of my time exercising. I can turn my head and curl my fingers and toes, and stretch my arms and legs. I am becoming quite good at it too.
Week Five: You went to the doctor today. Mommy, he lied to you. He said that I'm not a baby. I am a baby Mommy, your baby. I think and feel. Mommy, what's abortion?
Week Six: I can hear that doctor again. I don't like him. He seems cold and heartless. Something is intruding my home. The doctor called it a needle. Mommy what is it? It burns! Please make him stop! I can't get away from it! Mommy!! HELP me!! No...
Week Seven: Mommy, I am okay. I am in Jesus' arms. He is holding me. He told me about abortion. Why didn't you want me Mommy? We would have been so happy together.

So more abortions = more babies in Jesus arms.

Well that's the best Pro abortion argument I have ever heard.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 11:03:18 AM
At 8/22/2015 9:01:02 AM, Wylted wrote:
Why would the baby think it would be happier with it's mom who murdered it than with Jesus? Is Jesus really that bad of a guy?

+1

Best argument for abortion -- people who want abortions are heartless, so they should have abortions to save the babies from their heartlessness.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 11:04:33 AM

Week Seven should be more like ____ , but I agree.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Fkkize
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 11:13:30 AM
You know where you at when people have to use factually wrong appeals to emotion to defend their superstitions.
: At 7/2/2016 3:05:07 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
:
: space contradicts logic
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 11:36:26 AM

The first amendment applies to fetuses as well, you know. You can't just arbitrarily suppress their speech like that.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz

"No aspect of your facial structure suggests Filipino descent."
~ YYW
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 12:39:26 PM
At 8/22/2015 11:36:26 AM, ShabShoral wrote:

The first amendment applies to fetuses as well, you know. You can't just arbitrarily suppress their speech like that.

If those libs are willing to murder a baby they sure as hell aren't going to care about the bastards constitutional rights.
Philocat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 12:39:27 PM
At 8/22/2015 11:13:30 AM, Fkkize wrote:
You know where you at when people have to use factually wrong appeals to emotion to defend their superstitions.

Superstitions?
Fkkize
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 12:43:17 PM
At 8/22/2015 12:39:27 PM, Philocat wrote:
At 8/22/2015 11:13:30 AM, Fkkize wrote:

Superstitions?

I count the idea that a fetus, only a handful of weeks into gestation, is a thinking person as a superstition.
: At 7/2/2016 3:05:07 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
:
: space contradicts logic
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 1:11:20 PM
"Technically, your baby is still considered an embryo and has something of a small tail, which is an extension of her tailbone. The tail will disappear within a few weeks, but that's the only thing getting smaller. Your baby has doubled in size since last week and now measures half an inch long, about the size of a blueberry".

http://www.babycenter.com...

Hm.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 4:11:17 PM

So many issues, I don't even know where to start.

How about you look at fetal development and adjust the time-line a bit before we get too far into this schmaltz.

http://www.parents.com...
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 4:15:05 PM
At 8/22/2015 3:50:24 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Ok... that was depressing. Not that this post is going to get through to the more intellectual and emotionally hardened members of this website. Emotional appeals like this are better off on Facebook.

They like to act emotionally distant because they think it will make them sound tough and conceal the fact that they spent the majority of their high school years with their head in a toilet. Sadly, the ruse is transparent
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 4:15:16 PM
I see, you have cut and pasted this... inane crap. Well, I suggest you get some actual information on fetal development before posting this any more.
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 4:39:56 PM

At week 6 the fetus doesn't have the proper facilities to feel pain. It also can't suck its thumb until week 12. Of course, none of this is realistic at all because it wouldn't actually be conscious nor would it understand it was a separate entity even if it was.

Also, I doubt they would've been happy together, since if she wanted the baby she would've kept it. Keeping it despite not wanting it would unlikely create joy. Although possible, it seems it would more likely create a sense of duty. The mother would have to abandon her past life to take care of the child.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 5:05:50 PM
At 8/22/2015 4:15:05 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 8/22/2015 3:50:24 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

They like to act emotionally distant because they think it will make them sound tough and conceal the fact that they spent the majority of their high school years with their head in a toilet. Sadly, the ruse is transparent

Why do you think this way? I certainly don't think that. Of course I do think a general lack of emotional and personal experience makes it easier for them to believe things like infanticide is morally permissable.
Nolite Timere
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 5:55:55 PM
At 8/22/2015 5:30:11 PM, TBR wrote:
The majority of the pro-life argument is an appeal to emotion.

If that's what you think then you have clearly not read philosophical pro life literature.
Nolite Timere
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 6:07:32 PM
At 8/22/2015 5:55:55 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

If that's what you think then you have clearly not read philosophical pro life literature.

the MAJORITY of the pro-life argument is an appeal to emotion.
Varrack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 6:16:10 PM
At 8/22/2015 6:07:32 PM, TBR wrote:

Making arguments showing the immorality of something =/= appeal to emotion.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 6:21:36 PM

Making arguments showing the immorality of something =/= appeal to emotion.

I am not disagreeing with that. I am saying, rightly, the MAJORITY of the pro-life argument is an appeal to emotion. Want to look at what started this thread and make the case for how it is NOT an emotional appeal? How about a look through the AHA site? Can you find the philosophical argument for me?
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 6:25:16 PM
At 8/22/2015 6:07:32 PM, TBR wrote:

Even if this was correct, what would it matter if there were legitimate philosophical reasons to be pro-life? Anyways, the general population argues from emotion on any issue.
Nolite Timere
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 6:27:53 PM

Even if this was correct, what would it matter if there were legitimate philosophical reasons to be pro-life? Anyways, the general population argues from emotion on any issue.

It matters because a large portion of the population are basing their understanding of the issue on Halmark card sentiment. They are manipulated by bumper stickers and nonsense like this OP.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 6:28:38 PM
If you have to resort to dishonesty, and blatantly appealing to emotion to make your case resonate, then how strong is it?