Jump to topic:

A question to Americans

smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 9:16:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
How do you feel about your founding fathers being slave owners, child sex slave sellers and rapists?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 11:21:43 AM
At 8/23/2015 9:16:43 AM, smelisox wrote:
How do you feel about your founding fathers being slave owners, child sex slave sellers and rapists?

I don't care. doesn't bother me a bit. Where are you from?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 2:58:29 PM

Well, before my family's long lineage in the US, we were British (English). We subjugated almost the entire world. Guess you can say, its in my blood.
xtra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 1:04:51 AM
How do you feel about your founding fathers being slave owners, child sex slave sellers and rapists? ::

Those scoundrels all came from Europe.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 1:06:55 AM
At 8/24/2015 1:04:51 AM, xtra wrote:
How do you feel about your founding fathers being slave owners, child sex slave sellers and rapists? ::

And while we aren't crazy, the same cannot be said of you. Like Father like Son, eh? :)
xtra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 1:13:27 AM
At 8/24/2015 1:06:55 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 8/24/2015 1:04:51 AM, xtra wrote:

And while we aren't crazy, the same cannot be said of you. Like Father like Son, eh? :) : :

Neither the Son or Father can be seen so it must be you that's crazy.
xtra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 1:19:31 AM
At 8/24/2015 1:14:48 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 8/24/2015 1:13:27 AM, xtra wrote:
Neither the Son or Father can be seen so it must be you that's crazy.
Are you stupid? : :

Why do you ask?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 1:21:23 AM

Doesn't bother me a bit.

I know for a fact that at least one side of my family owned slaves, too.
Tsar of DDO
stargate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 1:24:15 AM

No different then you, you know every nation back then did that crap. It is just we are more well know because we are number one. We only had 5% of the whole slave trade, not everyone raped people. Plus a lot of the founding fathers where against slavery.
stargate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 1:25:46 AM

Everyone back then basically did the same thing. We might look at it as barbaric, but it was the norm back then. To be someone you had a slave. I am not saying it was right, but it was not just us.
xtra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 1:28:14 AM
At 8/24/2015 1:24:27 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 8/24/2015 1:19:31 AM, xtra wrote:
Why do you ask?
... Oh God. :( : :'

What would you like to know?
xtra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 1:32:04 AM
At 8/24/2015 1:28:37 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 8/24/2015 1:28:14 AM, xtra wrote:
What would you like to know?
Stop talking to me, subhuman. : :

I'm the opposite of a subhuman.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 1:33:07 AM
At 8/24/2015 1:32:04 AM, xtra wrote:
You're an American, therefore a subhuman. You should stop talking to me though, really. I feel disgusted engaging in small talk with filth like you.
xtra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 1:33:29 AM
How do you feel about your founding fathers being slave owners, child sex slave sellers and rapists? : :

There are still slave owners, sex slave sellers and rapists throughout America today.
xtra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 1:36:30 AM
At 8/24/2015 1:33:07 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 8/24/2015 1:32:04 AM, xtra wrote:
You're an American, therefore a subhuman. You should stop talking to me though, really. I feel disgusted engaging in small talk with filth like you. : :

Why do you hate Americans?
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 1:38:42 AM
At 8/24/2015 1:36:30 AM, xtra wrote:
For all the plethora of attributes that make them who they are, and a record in modern history that is unforgivable, which they, to this day today, have not apologized for. It's the only country I hope will, if it continues its ways, be turned into ashes, one way or another. There's no good world with America in it.
xtra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 1:42:52 AM
At 8/24/2015 1:38:42 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 8/24/2015 1:36:30 AM, xtra wrote:
For all the plethora of attributes that make them who they are, and a record in modern history that is unforgivable, which they, to this day today, have not apologized for. It's the only country I hope will, if it continues its ways, be turned into ashes, one way or another. There's no good world with America in it. : :

I agree with you. The great experiment to gather people from all over the world to live in one country was a very stupid idea. What is happening today is that no one in America cares what happens to this country. Otherwise, their would be an uproar amongst the citizens who are total slaves to the heathens who are running this country. The slaves ( citizens ) are afraid to revolt here.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 1:52:27 AM
At 8/24/2015 1:42:52 AM, xtra wrote:
I agree with you. The great experiment to gather people from all over the world to live in one country was a very stupid idea. What is happening today is that no one in America cares what happens to this country. Otherwise, their would be an uproar amongst the citizens who are total slaves to the heathens who are running this country. The slaves ( citizens ) are afraid to revolt here.
That's one of the issues, yes. Americans who have become disconnected with their original homeland have no genuine home to feel attached to. When the artificial country of theirs, then, say, goes to war, to them it feels like a foreign country does it. And, when they support it, they feel no responsibility nor remorse, because they don't feel like they're part of a social sphere that they identify through. In my case, I'd feel like an offensive war my country engaged in is personal. It hurts my identity, my self. For the American, there's nothing like that. He's just a drop in the ocean in the artificial country of his.

Europeans have realized this, which is why Americans are a laughing stock here. We laugh at them every day, and at every possible occasion. We look at them in order to feel good about ourselves. And some of us, like myself, are willing to make Americans feel bad about who they are. They need to feel agony for being part of the monstrous artificial country of theirs, all until they distance themselves from it.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 1:56:03 AM

Tell that to the large number of American Founding Fathers who were abolitionists.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
xtra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 2:22:21 AM
At 8/24/2015 1:52:27 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 8/24/2015 1:42:52 AM, xtra wrote:
That's one of the issues, yes. Americans who have become disconnected with their original homeland have no genuine home to feel attached to. When the artificial country of theirs, then, say, goes to war, to them it feels like a foreign country does it. And, when they support it, they feel no responsibility nor remorse, because they don't feel like they're part of a social sphere that they identify through. In my case, I'd feel like an offensive war my country engaged in is personal. It hurts my identity, my self. For the American, there's nothing like that. He's just a drop in the ocean in the artificial country of his.

Europeans have realized this, which is why Americans are a laughing stock here. We laugh at them every day, and at every possible occasion. We look at them in order to feel good about ourselves. And some of us, like myself, are willing to make Americans feel bad about who they are. They need to feel agony for being part of the monstrous artificial country of theirs, all until they distance themselves from it. : :

I was born here amongst my Norwegian families who immigrated to the U.S. in the 1870's. They were very poor people who farmed along the fjords in the northern coast of Norway during the summers. They couldn't own land because all the land was in the hands of the rich so when the opportunity to came to migrate to the U.S. where they were giving away land for free, my great great grandfather left with his two sons and wife on a boat to the Boston harbor.

There's nothing I could do about making them turn back to Norway and live out their poor lifestyle there so I ended up being born in this country. I had no choice in the matter.

I have lived out of the U.S. for a number of years and talked to many people from all over the world. I listened to their stories about their disdain for Americans, especially when it comes to being the police of the world, which I don't accept either. I believe the U.S. government should stay away from conflict in other countries and mind to their own business but I know this is impossible with all the former citizens of those countries living here.

I totally understand why you feel the way you do and I respect your anger towards this country. I too was angry at George W. Bush for going to war in Iraq for no other reason than to satisfy his grandfather, father and all their rich friends who own lots of stock in world wide companies, particularly oil related companies and those that make plastic junk from the byproducts of oil. I wrote an angry letter to President Bush for going to war against Iraq.

I lived in Spain for eight years and was there when Spain pulled out of Iraq. I was very happy for the Spanish people there that got sucked into President Bush's lies. There are many people who live in this country who are very upset with the way our government is trying to control the world but they fear of going to the streets to stop their actions.

I could go on and on about our sick government and it's fearful citizens who came from all over the world to live here. They are finally living the American dream and don't want to lose their wealth. Can you blame them?
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 2:37:50 AM
Thanks for sharing the above.

At 8/24/2015 2:22:21 AM, xtra wrote:
I could go on and on about our sick government and it's fearful citizens who came from all over the world to live here. They are finally living the American dream and don't want to lose their wealth. Can you blame them?
Yes, I blame them if they make no improvement to themselves, and do their best to improve their society. At the very least, setting an example is imperative for all human beings, in whichever way one can, of course. The American must do that, for he risks sinking to the level of worthlessness.
xtra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 2:42:59 AM
At 8/24/2015 2:37:50 AM, Mirza wrote:
Thanks for sharing the above.

At 8/24/2015 2:22:21 AM, xtra wrote:
Yes, I blame them if they make no improvement to themselves, and do their best to improve their society. At the very least, setting an example is imperative for all human beings, in whichever way one can, of course. The American must do that, for he risks sinking to the level of worthlessness. : :

I agree with you my friend. I'm doing my best to teach fellow citizens how we're all connected in the same consciousness and that we should not look at the outward appearances and be deceived by what we see.

There is more to this world than what meets the eye.

It's been awesome talking with you.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 2:51:06 AM
At 8/24/2015 2:42:59 AM, xtra wrote:
I agree with you my friend. I'm doing my best to teach fellow citizens how we're all connected in the same consciousness and that we should not look at the outward appearances and be deceived by what we see.

Thanks, and excuse me for mistaking you for being a typical American. You don't seem to be one.
xtra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 2:53:38 AM
At 8/24/2015 2:51:06 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 8/24/2015 2:42:59 AM, xtra wrote:

Thanks, and excuse me for mistaking you for being a typical American. You don't seem to be one. : :

I have a world wide type of mind my friend. I don't judge anyone in this world because I understand where we all came from.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 3:54:00 AM
At 8/24/2015 2:53:38 AM, xtra wrote:
I have a world wide type of mind my friend. I don't judge anyone in this world because I understand where we all came from.
That's good.
xtra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 4:03:03 AM
At 8/24/2015 3:54:00 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 8/24/2015 2:53:38 AM, xtra wrote:
That's good. : :

What's your story?