Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

Will DDO members commit to not talk to Mirza?

Skynet
Posts: 714
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 5:23:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Mirza: He's not dumb, but he is rude, insulting, and prolific. I wouldn't normally target him, or any other member for this type of action, but I logged on for the first time tonight in about a month, and it seems that 2 out of 3 threads in the Politics forum have been started by him. He says Americans should be selectively bred to be less stupid, that they are sub-human, almost people, etc. He is certainly a capable debater, but he's pointedly rude. Someone who is occasionally rude, or always rude but not very active could probably be tolerated. Mirza is mostly rude, insulting, and very prolific, clogging the forums with his dismissive sarcasm. I think many DDO members are self-controlled enough to ignore him, but I'm looking for a committed movement to either not respond to him, if not have him banned for his constant poor conduct.

Allow me to save Mirza the keystrokes and predict what he will say when he engages me here:
'Skynet, as an American and mentally deficient conservative, is just jealous/unable to comprehend how I've been trying to educate and better the lives of ignorant Americans and the rest of the world.'
I actually don't have any personal dislike for the guy, but he's not really worth keeping around DDO because of his conduct.

Thoughts from anyone but Mirza?
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 7:16:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
It's odd that Americans who support their government only when it decides to oppress and murder have the courage to criticize someone's persona.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 7:18:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/25/2015 5:23:00 AM, Skynet wrote:
Allow me to save Mirza the keystrokes and predict what he will say when he engages me here:
'Skynet, as an American and mentally deficient conservative, is just jealous/unable to comprehend how I've been trying to educate and better the lives of ignorant Americans and the rest of the world.'
Almost my thoughts. What I really wanna do is ask why your education level says "Some college." Is it because you can't remember which one you went to?
smelisox
Posts: 850
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 8:47:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/25/2015 7:16:56 AM, Mirza wrote:
It's odd that Americans who support their government only when it decides to oppress and murder have the courage to criticize someone's persona.

It's odd that someone who uses the term sub-human, hates foreigners and thinks his country is paradise and he literally would have sex with his country (Hint: Adolf Hitler) deserves to be called a "someone" or indeed a human being.
sdavio
Posts: 1,944
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 10:19:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
IMO we need extreme / controversial views like that on the site. If nobody's being offensive, then the site is probably dead. If you wanted to hear a bunch of opinions you've already heard then go watch Jon Stewart or something :P Or just don't read his posts..
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 12:03:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/25/2015 5:23:00 AM, Skynet wrote:
Mirza: He's not dumb, but he is rude, insulting, and prolific. I wouldn't normally target him, or any other member for this type of action, but I logged on for the first time tonight in about a month, and it seems that 2 out of 3 threads in the Politics forum have been started by him. He says Americans should be selectively bred to be less stupid, that they are sub-human, almost people, etc. He is certainly a capable debater, but he's pointedly rude. Someone who is occasionally rude, or always rude but not very active could probably be tolerated. Mirza is mostly rude, insulting, and very prolific, clogging the forums with his dismissive sarcasm. I think many DDO members are self-controlled enough to ignore him, but I'm looking for a committed movement to either not respond to him, if not have him banned for his constant poor conduct.

Allow me to save Mirza the keystrokes and predict what he will say when he engages me here:
'Skynet, as an American and mentally deficient conservative, is just jealous/unable to comprehend how I've been trying to educate and better the lives of ignorant Americans and the rest of the world.'
I actually don't have any personal dislike for the guy, but he's not really worth keeping around DDO because of his conduct.

Thoughts from anyone but Mirza?

He's a prolific troll. The thing is, people are allowed to troll here. The standards here, or rather the lack of standards here, makes it so that as long as Mirza does his best to cozy up to airmax, he'll stick around and troll to his heart's content.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 2:20:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/25/2015 5:23:00 AM, Skynet wrote:
Mirza: He's not dumb, but he is rude, insulting, and prolific. I wouldn't normally target him, or any other member for this type of action, but I logged on for the first time tonight in about a month, and it seems that 2 out of 3 threads in the Politics forum have been started by him. He says Americans should be selectively bred to be less stupid, that they are sub-human, almost people, etc. He is certainly a capable debater, but he's pointedly rude. Someone who is occasionally rude, or always rude but not very active could probably be tolerated. Mirza is mostly rude, insulting, and very prolific, clogging the forums with his dismissive sarcasm. I think many DDO members are self-controlled enough to ignore him, but I'm looking for a committed movement to either not respond to him, if not have him banned for his constant poor conduct.

Allow me to save Mirza the keystrokes and predict what he will say when he engages me here:
'Skynet, as an American and mentally deficient conservative, is just jealous/unable to comprehend how I've been trying to educate and better the lives of ignorant Americans and the rest of the world.'
I actually don't have any personal dislike for the guy, but he's not really worth keeping around DDO because of his conduct.

Thoughts from anyone but Mirza?

So, is the only complaint about him is that he is rude?
If, as you say, he is a capable debater, then it follows that he is capable of a discussion and to defend his assertions. The fact that he is rude is off-putting, but I'd rather have someone who is rude but intelligent around than someone who is stupid but nice.

I see no reason to avoid him just because he is rude and condescending, and certainly not coordinate a silent treatment of him. After all, he clearly hates America, and when people are passionate, they are often emotional, and many people react in similar ways.
My work here is, finally, done.
Greyparrot
Posts: 18,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 4:43:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/25/2015 8:52:31 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
We interact with Mirza because he is the greatest of all.

I love him, because he is the only person on the site who is not afraid to call me stupid to my face.
I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations.
A singular development of cat communications
That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection,
For a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection.
XLAV
Posts: 14,342
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 5:26:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'll join Mirza in calling American idiots if Trump or Hilary get elected.
Baby, you're the highlight of my lowlife

Favorite Debate:
Muhammad Drawing Contest
http://www.debate.org...
Emilrose
Posts: 5,429
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 6:30:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/25/2015 4:43:18 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 8/25/2015 8:52:31 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
We interact with Mirza because he is the greatest of all.

I love him, because he is the only person on the site who is not afraid to call me stupid to my face.

Hm, but technically he's not though...is he?
1Percenter
Posts: 850
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 8:16:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Mirza is a toxic member and can't be engaged with on a serious level. I've even pressed him on his complete disregard for civilized discussion, and his response was "so what"? He is obnoxious for the sake of obnoxiousness and I honestly wonder if he has some kind of social handicap.

Now, I have no problem ignoring people like Mirza that are intellectually limited to the rhetorical level. The real problem is that he's a toxic member and lowers the quality and standards of the site with his constant spamming of threads, insulting others and derailing of otherwise decent discussions. This is why alot of the upstanding and long-time, contributing members of the site are abandoning it. Why should this be tolerated?
Skepsikyma
Posts: 9,343
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 12:41:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/25/2015 8:16:37 PM, 1Percenter wrote:
Mirza is a toxic member and can't be engaged with on a serious level. I've even pressed him on his complete disregard for civilized discussion, and his response was "so what"? He is obnoxious for the sake of obnoxiousness and I honestly wonder if he has some kind of social handicap.

Now, I have no problem ignoring people like Mirza that are intellectually limited to the rhetorical level. The real problem is that he's a toxic member and lowers the quality and standards of the site with his constant spamming of threads, insulting others and derailing of otherwise decent discussions. This is why alot of the upstanding and long-time, contributing members of the site are abandoning it. Why should this be tolerated?

Well, I am a long-time, contributing member, and Mirza being banned would be more likely to make me leave than stay. This site is interesting to me precisely because of some of the fringe views that people have. Being an anti-American European, Mirza is apt to be confrontational in his views because they are more likely to be confronted by a majority American website. A website which has been cleansed of unorthodox ideologies, spirited repartee, and quirky characters would hold little attraction to me. We have already devolved almost to the point of cookie-cutter liberals and conservatives reciting the same talking points at each other ad-nauseum as it it. There used to be anarchists, minarchists, communists, laissez-faire advocates, etc. A lot of them have left, and it isn't because of 'toxic members', it's because the website ceased to be stimulating for them as it grew in monotony and lost its more diverse user base.
"See now Oblivion shimmering all around us, its very tranquility deadlier than tempest. How little all our keels have troubled it."
- Lord Dunsany -

"The darkness drops again but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born? "
- W. B. Yeats -

Virtutem videant intabescantque relicta
Greyparrot
Posts: 18,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 12:44:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Just his postings on modern architecture alone should discredit this entire thread.
I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations.
A singular development of cat communications
That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection,
For a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 12:48:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/25/2015 4:43:18 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 8/25/2015 8:52:31 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
We interact with Mirza because he is the greatest of all.

I love him, because he is the only person on the site who is not afraid to call me stupid to my face.

Your stu.....stup....stupi.....

Damn your right. Can't do it. Must be those unnerving soulless parrot eyes.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Greyparrot
Posts: 18,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 12:55:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/26/2015 12:48:42 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 8/25/2015 4:43:18 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 8/25/2015 8:52:31 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
We interact with Mirza because he is the greatest of all.

I love him, because he is the only person on the site who is not afraid to call me stupid to my face.

Your stu.....stup....stupi.....

Damn your right. Can't do it. Must be those unnerving soulless parrot eyes.

http://www.debate.org...
I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations.
A singular development of cat communications
That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection,
For a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection.
Skynet
Posts: 714
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 3:06:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/26/2015 12:41:51 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 8/25/2015 8:16:37 PM, 1Percenter wrote:
Mirza is a toxic member and can't be engaged with on a serious level. I've even pressed him on his complete disregard for civilized discussion, and his response was "so what"? He is obnoxious for the sake of obnoxiousness and I honestly wonder if he has some kind of social handicap.

Now, I have no problem ignoring people like Mirza that are intellectually limited to the rhetorical level. The real problem is that he's a toxic member and lowers the quality and standards of the site with his constant spamming of threads, insulting others and derailing of otherwise decent discussions. This is why alot of the upstanding and long-time, contributing members of the site are abandoning it. Why should this be tolerated?

Well, I am a long-time, contributing member, and Mirza being banned would be more likely to make me leave than stay. This site is interesting to me precisely because of some of the fringe views that people have. Being an anti-American European, Mirza is apt to be confrontational in his views because they are more likely to be confronted by a majority American website. A website which has been cleansed of unorthodox ideologies, spirited repartee, and quirky characters would hold little attraction to me. We have already devolved almost to the point of cookie-cutter liberals and conservatives reciting the same talking points at each other ad-nauseum as it it. There used to be anarchists, minarchists, communists, laissez-faire advocates, etc. A lot of them have left, and it isn't because of 'toxic members', it's because the website ceased to be stimulating for them as it grew in monotony and lost its more diverse user base.

I don't have a problem with people expressing fringe views. His STATED view that the world would be better off without America is fine in this format. But many members have been banned for constant personal insults and/or spamming the forums with repetitive topics that get few responses. Mirza does both, and that's what he's known for because he does it non-stop. If he was in total agreement with me on everything, but his personal conduct was as it is now, I would still favor disciplinary action by DDO.
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.
Greyparrot
Posts: 18,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 3:33:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Mirza is going nowhere, he is unafraid, like Trump.

Mirza for president of the USA!
I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations.
A singular development of cat communications
That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection,
For a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection.