Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

Abortion is murder? Then wankers/soldiers too

smelisox
Posts: 849
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 8:54:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
If abortion is murder, then soldiers are also murderers and so are people who masturbate.
Mr_Anderson
Posts: 116
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 4:17:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/25/2015 8:54:47 AM, smelisox wrote:
If abortion is murder, then soldiers are also murderers and so are people who masturbate.

Not true, sperm is a single celled organism and killing in war is justified unless it not within the laws of war ( i.e beheadings, burning alive, ect).
XLAV
Posts: 13,708
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 4:21:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/25/2015 8:54:47 AM, smelisox wrote:
If abortion is murder, then soldiers are also murderers and so are people who masturbate.

"Murder. The unlawful killing of another human being without justification or excuse."

Usually mothers who abort have a good reason too, like being a rape victim, can't support the baby, etc.

Soldiers killing other soldiers is justifiable, so is masturbating.
Midnight1131
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 10:59:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/25/2015 4:17:42 PM, Mr_Anderson wrote:

Not true, sperm is a single celled organism

So you're defense against that argument is that sperm aren't higher developed forms of life like humans after birth? You can make the same argument about a fetus.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
Mr_Anderson
Posts: 116
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 11:24:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/25/2015 10:59:00 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 8/25/2015 4:17:42 PM, Mr_Anderson wrote:

Not true, sperm is a single celled organism

So you're defense against that argument is that sperm aren't higher developed forms of life like humans after birth? You can make the same argument about a fetus.

A sperm, in and of itself, is single celled and not capable of higher evolution on it's own. The same does not apply to a fetus. As soon as sperm reaches an egg, it becomes a multi-celled organism fairly quickly.
Midnight1131
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 11:25:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/25/2015 11:24:05 PM, Mr_Anderson wrote:
At 8/25/2015 10:59:00 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 8/25/2015 4:17:42 PM, Mr_Anderson wrote:

Not true, sperm is a single celled organism

So you're defense against that argument is that sperm aren't higher developed forms of life like humans after birth? You can make the same argument about a fetus.

A sperm, in and of itself, is single celled and not capable of higher evolution on it's own. The same does not apply to a fetus. As soon as sperm reaches an egg, it becomes a multi-celled organism fairly quickly.

A fetus, in and of itself, is not capable of further development on it's own. It is fully dependent on an external body.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
Mr_Anderson
Posts: 116
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 11:32:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/25/2015 11:25:13 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 8/25/2015 11:24:05 PM, Mr_Anderson wrote:
At 8/25/2015 10:59:00 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 8/25/2015 4:17:42 PM, Mr_Anderson wrote:

Not true, sperm is a single celled organism

So you're defense against that argument is that sperm aren't higher developed forms of life like humans after birth? You can make the same argument about a fetus.

A sperm, in and of itself, is single celled and not capable of higher evolution on it's own. The same does not apply to a fetus. As soon as sperm reaches an egg, it becomes a multi-celled organism fairly quickly.

A fetus, in and of itself, is not capable of further development on it's own. It is fully dependent on an external body.

Up until a certain point yes. And other than my own religious beliefs, I have nothing against aborting a fetus up UP UNTILl that point where it is viable without the mother.
Midnight1131
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 11:33:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/25/2015 11:32:27 PM, Mr_Anderson wrote:

Up until a certain point yes. And other than my own religious beliefs, I have nothing against aborting a fetus up UP UNTILl that point where it is viable without the mother.

Oh, well then. Turns out I believe the same thing. The dilemma is that fetal viability varies depending on the circumstances.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation