Jump to topic:

Diary of an Abortion Doctor

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 7:07:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Monday: I wish social conservatives would just let me do my job in peace. The protesters outside are obstreperous lunatics who have collectively deluded themselves into thinking that they are doing good. In reality, they're doing nothing of the sort. They're taking advantage of the precarious situation of desperate, vulnerable women to advance their own ideological agenda which is predicated upon nothing other than an injudicious indifference to the overwhelming social harms that laws which are consistent with their world views would manifest.

Tuesday: Really? Your'e going to leave bologna on my car artistically arranged in the shape of a fetus? I have insurance, and I caught you on camera. I'm turning the tapes over to the police.

Wednesday: A girl who was faking pregnancy and her so-called "boyfriend" came into my office today, with a bag that was curiously open wide enough for a camera lens to peer through. Obviously, this is some nefarious right-wing group trying to get my staff and I to say things which they will then edit to portray the woe of abortion doctors. This is stupid... these people need to get lives. I was really tempted to troll them, though... and then at the end go on CNN to tell the tale. I didn't troll them, but I might go on CNN still yet.

Thursday: I had to call the police today to disperse the crowd around my office. They were vandalizing my office and harassing patrons. These people call themselves "Christians" but they're acting like Red Sox fans after the Sox won the World Series.

Friday: I think I'm going to play a round of golf with the plastic surgeon down the street.

Saturday: Ah, peace and quiet.

Sunday: I am totally going on CNN.
Tsar of DDO
Mr_Anderson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 7:12:24 PM
So we have a diary of the fetus, the carrier of said fetus and the doctor. Now what? Dairy of the protesters?
Mr_Anderson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 7:36:26 PM
At 8/29/2015 7:12:24 PM, Mr_Anderson wrote:
So we have a diary of the fetus, the carrier of said fetus and the doctor. Now what? Dairy of the protesters?

Diary*
TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 7:48:19 PM
At 8/29/2015 7:07:53 PM, YYW wrote:
Monday: I wish social conservatives would just let me do my job in peace. The protesters outside are obstreperous lunatics who have collectively deluded themselves into thinking that they are doing good. In reality, they're doing nothing of the sort. They're taking advantage of the precarious situation of desperate, vulnerable women to advance their own ideological agenda which is predicated upon nothing other than an injudicious indifference to the overwhelming social harms that laws which are consistent with their world views would manifest.

Tuesday: Really? Your'e going to leave bologna on my car artistically arranged in the shape of a fetus? I have insurance, and I caught you on camera. I'm turning the tapes over to the police.

Wednesday: A girl who was faking pregnancy and her so-called "boyfriend" came into my office today, with a bag that was curiously open wide enough for a camera lens to peer through. Obviously, this is some nefarious right-wing group trying to get my staff and I to say things which they will then edit to portray the woe of abortion doctors. This is stupid... these people need to get lives. I was really tempted to troll them, though... and then at the end go on CNN to tell the tale. I didn't troll them, but I might go on CNN still yet.

Thursday: I had to call the police today to disperse the crowd around my office. They were vandalizing my office and harassing patrons. These people call themselves "Christians" but they're acting like Red Sox fans after the Sox won the World Series.

Friday: I think I'm going to play a round of golf with the plastic surgeon down the street.

Just out of curiosity, are you really an Abortion Doc? You seem like the type. And you seem to have empathy with them.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 8:23:03 PM
At 8/29/2015 7:48:19 PM, TheChristian wrote:

Just out of curiosity, are you really an Abortion Doc?

No.

You seem like the type. And you seem to have empathy with them.

It's not hard to figure out what their lives are like... it's very sad.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 8:23:19 PM
At 8/29/2015 7:17:27 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Aw damn someone actually took my suggestion.

lol it was a good idea
Tsar of DDO
TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 8:28:13 PM
At 8/29/2015 8:23:03 PM, YYW wrote:

No.

OK you just struck my Pro-Life nerve. A baby holds on for dear life to the womb, and they heartlessly and unceremoniously rip it to shreads. That's sad.
Varrack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 9:28:23 PM
At 8/29/2015 8:28:13 PM, TheChristian wrote:

No.

OK you just struck my Pro-Life nerve. A baby holds on for dear life to the womb, and they heartlessly and unceremoniously rip it to shreads. That's sad.

Indeed. A lot of people have become desensitized to it, which I find disheartening.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 10:01:15 PM
At 8/29/2015 9:15:49 PM, TBR wrote:
I was going to do it. Glad someone else did.

Great minds...
Tsar of DDO
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 6:25:20 AM

No.

It's inaccurate, and the videos used to promulgate this myth (The Silent Scream) contain sped-up ultrasound footage in order to make what are fairly normal movements seem frantic attempts at survival.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
jimtimmy8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 6:26:07 AM
At 8/31/2015 6:25:20 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

No.

It's inaccurate, and the videos used to promulgate this myth (The Silent Scream) contain sped-up ultrasound footage in order to make what are fairly normal movements seem frantic attempts at survival.

Pro abortioner alert...
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 6:26:37 AM
At 8/31/2015 6:26:07 AM, jimtimmy8 wrote:

No.

Pro abortioner alert...

More like scientifically literate person alert...
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
jimtimmy8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 6:26:54 AM
I'd also like to say that the idea that abortion legalization has practical benefits is really not accurate. The abortion-crime theory, for example, has had holes poked through it.
jimtimmy8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 6:28:22 AM
At 8/31/2015 6:26:37 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

No.

Pro abortioner alert...

Doubtful. I bet your "scientific literacy" is selective and ideologically convenient, like most liberals.

For example, I imagine your "scientific literacy" flies out the door when it comes to evolutionary psychology science. In that case, you likely find science racist and sexist.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 6:39:03 AM
At 8/31/2015 6:28:22 AM, jimtimmy8 wrote:
At 8/31/2015 6:26:37 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

No.

Pro abortioner alert...

Doubtful. I bet your "scientific literacy" is selective and ideologically convenient, like most liberals.

I'm not a liberal...

For example, I imagine your "scientific literacy" flies out the door when it comes to evolutionary psychology science. In that case, you likely find science racist and sexist.

Depends on the theory. 'Race realism' I find highly flawed in a lot of ways. Yeah, haplogroups exist, and yes, genetics has some influence, but most things traits are a mix of nature and nurture, and I don't think that the nature aspect can be very reliably fit into a 'race' model. I am very critical of third wave feminism in a lot of ways though (mostly the ridiculously overblown statistics that they use despite being corrected on it, and the general absurdity of certain forms of 'patriarchy theory').

I also take any 'social sciences' with a big grain of salt, considering the controls which they are structurally incapable of applying. Evolutionary psychology certainly falls into that category, and while some of the theories are certainly interesting, a lot of them are difficult to test due to the the nature of the discipline. I do give a it a little more credit than things like humanistic psychology, though.

When it comes to biological disciplines, however, I only really have any faith in neuropsychology, and hope that everything will end up boiling down to that in the next few decades. In the end, our neurological structure is much more salient to human psychology, as it's the result of the interaction between genetics and the environment.
- Hilaire Belloc -