Jump to topic:

Diary of a Pro-Life Protester

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 10:06:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Monday: hurrdurr I'm going to go inflict my political views on other people and damage people's lives in the process. I don't care what the impact my activity does because I'm too myopic to see the beyond my actions to their consequences.

Tuesday: See Monday.

Wednesday: See Tuesday.

Thursday: See Wednesday.

Friday: see Thursday.

Saturday: hurr durr... another productive week.

Sunday: Go to church with the Southern Baptist Convention.
Tsar of DDO
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 10:31:30 PM
At 8/29/2015 10:06:47 PM, YYW wrote:
Monday: hurrdurr I'm going to go inflict my political views on other people and damage people's lives in the process. I don't care what the impact my activity does because I'm too myopic to see the beyond my actions to their consequences.

What's the point of having political views if we're not allowed to act on them? If someone thinks that abortion is murder, then they have the obligation to try to ban it. Otherwise, they're literally condoning murder. You can't expect people to sit idly by while that's happening.

Was it wrong for the North to "inflict" their political views onto the South? Of course not. The South had no right to own slaves to begin with. Similarly, if abortion is in fact murder (which I don't think it is), then people have the obligation to try to ban it even if others disagree with them.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 10:33:59 PM
At 8/29/2015 10:31:30 PM, dylancatlow wrote:

What's the point of having political views if we're not allowed to act on them? If someone thinks that abortion is murder, then they have the obligation to try to ban it. Otherwise, they're literally condoning murder. You can't expect people to sit idly by while that's happening.

Was it wrong for the North to "inflict" their political views onto the South? Of course not. The South had no right to own slaves to begin with. Similarly, if abortion is in fact murder (which I don't think it is), then people have the obligation to try to ban it even if others disagree with them.

The point of that was not to say that "one should not act on political views."

The North should make the south conform to the standards of basic civilized society, to the extent possible through the national legislature.

I don't care what pro-lifer's think, though... I've heard every pro-life argument that has been made. None are more persuasive than the compelling social reasons to keep abortion legal.
Tsar of DDO
Objectivity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 1:23:20 AM
At 8/29/2015 10:33:59 PM, YYW wrote:

The North should make the south conform to the standards of basic civilized society, to the extent possible through the national legislature.

I don't care what pro-lifer's think, though... I've heard every pro-life argument that has been made. None are more persuasive than the compelling social reasons to keep abortion legal.

It depends what you value, apparently you value societal good over individual rights and the protection of life. I suppose that'd put you in the camp of every great dictator and despot that has ever existed, if you are fine with that we have no qualms.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 5:44:06 AM
I mean, I am pro-life, so I hope you don't see me in that way.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 5:51:06 AM
At 8/30/2015 1:23:20 AM, Objectivity wrote:

It depends what you value, apparently you value societal good over individual rights and the protection of life. I suppose that'd put you in the camp of every great dictator and despot that has ever existed, if you are fine with that we have no qualms.

Lol
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 5:56:49 AM

Can liberals be pro-life?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 2:20:37 PM
Protestors in general are just stupid. Idiots holding picket signs as if that stupidity changes anything. If you want to protest, do it with your money or in the courtroom.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 3:17:39 PM
At 8/30/2015 2:20:37 PM, Wylted wrote:
Protestors in general are just stupid. Idiots holding picket signs as if that stupidity changes anything. If you want to protest, do it with your money or in the courtroom.

I couldn't agree more.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 4:11:07 PM

This is good stuff, +1.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 4:29:24 PM
At 8/30/2015 3:44:03 PM, Philocat wrote:
I'm really struggling to find the energy to dignify such an inane OP with a response...

And yet you found it within you to post this... lol
Tsar of DDO
Philocat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 4:41:21 PM
At 8/30/2015 4:29:24 PM, YYW wrote:
I'm really struggling to find the energy to dignify such an inane OP with a response...

Which took very little effort to write. Actually, I did attempt to refute what you said, but it had such little substance that I gave up.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 4:54:03 PM
At 8/30/2015 4:41:21 PM, Philocat wrote:

Which took very little effort to write. Actually, I did attempt to refute what you said, but it had such little substance that I gave up.

Well, clearly it was more substance than you could handle.... lol
Tsar of DDO
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 4:59:48 PM

I was just at the stock yards in Fort Worth a couple weekends ago with the family. There were protesters at this tourist spot with signs of aborted fetuses.

It didn't bother me although my son did ask me what the pictures were. I could see that would anger many parents.

My biggest issue is not protest, it is people who believe in exceptions to pro-life. If you allow any exception including in cases where the life of the mother is in danger then you are just blowing smoke up everyone's arse by pretending you know when and when not a woman should be justified killing the baby.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 5:00:49 PM

Considering the quality of past forums you have made, I would not expect this garbage from you. Surely you have to understand how obtuse this post is, especially from the perspective of a pro-life person.
Nolite Timere
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 5:06:55 PM
At 8/30/2015 5:00:49 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

Considering the quality of past forums you have made, I would not expect this garbage from you. Surely you have to understand how obtuse this post is, especially from the perspective of a pro-life person.

This is meant to be satirical, Crypto. Unknot your knickers.
Tsar of DDO
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 5:08:47 PM
At 8/30/2015 5:06:55 PM, YYW wrote:

Okay.
Nolite Timere
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 5:13:38 PM
At 8/30/2015 5:08:47 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

Okay.

I mean, realistically, a post that begins with "hurr durr" should pretty much put you on notice that the post is meant to be comedic.

And you also should know that there are people like that, in the pro-life camp. Obviously, not all pro-livers protest abortion clinics... but those who do generally fall into this "type" of people.
Tsar of DDO
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 5:14:37 PM

*Diary of a Pro Choice protestor* *All strawmanning intended*

Monday: Herp derp, Babies are alive but fetuses are not! Makes perfect sens! Abortion should be a womens right, otherwise you're a xenophobic misogynist bigot fundamentalist who is aganist progress! It's not like the baby is alive or anything, does this look like a baby to you http://themattwalshblog.com... of course not!

Tuesday: See Monday

Wednesday: See Tuesday

Thursday: See Wednesday

Friday: See Thursday

Saturday: Herp derp, abortion is legal now! Hooray :D, one great step for humanity!

Sunday: *kills bebez*
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 5:21:25 PM

Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Philocat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 5:35:37 PM
At 8/30/2015 4:54:03 PM, YYW wrote:

Oh please. Do you really expect me to be unable to counter the utter fallacious drivel in the OP?
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 6:13:54 PM
At 8/30/2015 5:13:38 PM, YYW wrote:
At 8/30/2015 5:08:47 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

Okay.

I mean, realistically, a post that begins with "hurr durr" should pretty much put you on notice that the post is meant to be comedic.

And you also should know that there are people like that, in the pro-life camp. Obviously, not all pro-livers protest abortion clinics... but those who do generally fall into this "type" of people.

I think I'm so used to reading your forums seriously that you not being serious caught me off gaurd lol. It was my fault for reading it with the wrong mindset.
Nolite Timere
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 6:19:12 PM
At 8/30/2015 5:35:37 PM, Philocat wrote:

Oh please. Do you really expect me to be unable to counter the utter fallacious drivel in the OP?

Yup.
Tsar of DDO
Philocat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 6:30:58 PM
At 8/30/2015 6:19:12 PM, YYW wrote:

Yup.

Then you don't know what I'm capable of.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 6:58:44 PM
At 8/30/2015 6:30:58 PM, Philocat wrote:

Yup.

Sure...
Tsar of DDO
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 7:07:43 PM
This is dumb and you should feel dumb.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Greg4586
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 7:10:37 PM
At 8/30/2015 1:23:20 AM, Objectivity wrote:

Actually, individual rights would doubtlessly be in his hands.
Philocat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 7:35:06 PM
At 8/30/2015 6:58:44 PM, YYW wrote:
At 8/30/2015 6:30:58 PM, Philocat wrote:

Yup.

Sure...

Sure..?