Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

How to successfully invade Russia (part 1)

UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2015 1:32:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
(This may be on History, but also touches on Russian geo-politics)

Russia has a long history of being invaded. By Germans, by the French, by the Mongols, the Swedes, and by the Germans (again)

You know what all of these countries had in common? The damn scrublords failed, epically. All of them got rekt like the damn noobs that they are, all while the Russians looked on, callously laughing at their failure.

But the first thing in your way of world domination is this glorious nation: http://tinyurl.com......

And dammit you're not taking no for an answer! You don't want Poland, you want Russia! So now the question comes. How do you invade Russia and succeed?

Step 1: Everyone invades Russia, but no one conquers it.
( Unless you are ,wait for it, the Mongols: http://tinyurl.com...... )

Russia is easy to invade. Ridiculously easy to invade. Like, freaking Poland invaded Russia during the early 1600s. If Poland can invade Russia, you can to.

In fact, Russian history can be summarized as the Russians surviving invasion, after invasion, after invasion. Like, you can't be held to any credibility in 16-17th century Eastern Europe without having invaded Russia at least once.

Geography of Russia:

That is because, if you want to invade Russia, you'll have to attack from western Europe into the east. This because, unlike Britain's island water, or Germany's dense as fk forests, Russia doesn't have any geographical barriers in it's main land. The area is known as the Moscow plain. Like, it's the Russia equivalent to Saskatchewan. And this area is where 90% of Russian invasions aim towards (http://tinyurl.com......) because it's so freaking easy. This is the one region where Russia has no geographic barriers. Geographic barriers are pretty important, it's what stopped the Romans from invading Germany, what stopped the Persians from conquering Greece and et cetera.

Any other region in Russia's borderlands have some form of geographic barriers. Want to invade Russia from Japan? Nope, you have the sea of Okhotsk. Want to invade Russia from the north of Manchuria or China? Nope, you have the Stanovoy, Sayan and Altai mountains to deal with. Not even forgetting to mention Lake Baikal. Want to invade Russia from the Caucasus? Nope, cause the Cacusus itself is essentially it's own geographic border.

This is why the Russians attacked central Asia ( and all the -stan countries), because that provides them with even more geographic barriers. Russia is essentially compensating for the lack of barriers it has between itself and Eastern Europe, hence why it's so easy to invade. So if you are going to invade Russia, start from East Europe and swiftly move towards the East. Or even better, split your forces and attack one side from Finland, and the other side from Belarus and Ukraine. Making as much advantage over Russia's lack of of geo-barriers from those regions.

In part 2, I'll will discuss What time to invade Russia, what forces to use, and how to go about declaring war. As well as the type of tactics the Russians may go about using.

( Note I am not advocating for war with Russia, Putin please don't kill me)
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
ErenBalkir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2015 6:30:52 PM
At 9/1/2015 1:32:08 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:

Russia has a long history of being invaded. By Germans, by the French, by the Mongols, the Swedes, and by the Germans (again)

You know what all of these countries had in common? The damn scrublords failed, epically. All of them got rekt like the damn noobs that they are, all while the Russians looked on, callously laughing at their failure.

But the first thing in your way of world domination is this glorious nation: http://tinyurl.com......

And dammit you're not taking no for an answer! You don't want Poland, you want Russia! So now the question comes. How do you invade Russia and succeed?

Russia is easy to invade. Ridiculously easy to invade. Like, freaking Poland invaded Russia during the early 1600s. If Poland can invade Russia, you can to.

In fact, Russian history can be summarized as the Russians surviving invasion, after invasion, after invasion. Like, you can't be held to any credibility in 16-17th century Eastern Europe without having invaded Russia at least once.

Geography of Russia:

That is because, if you want to invade Russia, you'll have to attack from western Europe into the east. This because, unlike Britain's island water, or Germany's dense as fk forests, Russia doesn't have any geographical barriers in it's main land. The area is known as the Moscow plain. Like, it's the Russia equivalent to Saskatchewan. And this area is where 90% of Russian invasions aim towards (http://tinyurl.com......) because it's so freaking easy. This is the one region where Russia has no geographic barriers. Geographic barriers are pretty important, it's what stopped the Romans from invading Germany, what stopped the Persians from conquering Greece and et cetera.

Any other region in Russia's borderlands have some form of geographic barriers. Want to invade Russia from Japan? Nope, you have the sea of Okhotsk. Want to invade Russia from the north of Manchuria or China? Nope, you have the Stanovoy, Sayan and Altai mountains to deal with. Not even forgetting to mention Lake Baikal. Want to invade Russia from the Caucasus? Nope, cause the Cacusus itself is essentially it's own geographic border.

This is why the Russians attacked central Asia ( and all the -stan countries), because that provides them with even more geographic barriers. Russia is essentially compensating for the lack of barriers it has between itself and Eastern Europe, hence why it's so easy to invade. So if you are going to invade Russia, start from East Europe and swiftly move towards the East. Or even better, split your forces and attack one side from Finland, and the other side from Belarus and Ukraine. Making as much advantage over Russia's lack of of geo-barriers from those regions.

In part 2, I'll will discuss What time to invade Russia, what forces to use, and how to go about declaring war. As well as the type of tactics the Russians may go about using.

Having recently read a book on napoleons invasion of russia in 1812 and one on hitlers invasion in 1941, I think you are forgetting one crucial thing that stopped invaders (although it might cause less of a problem today). Winter! The Swedish, German and french invasions were all stopped by winter! There armies were almost all frozen to death.
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2015 9:17:54 PM
At 9/1/2015 6:30:52 PM, ErenBalkir wrote:

Geography of Russia:

Having recently read a book on napoleons invasion of russia in 1812 and one on hitlers invasion in 1941, I think you are forgetting one crucial thing that stopped invaders (although it might cause less of a problem today). Winter! The Swedish, German and french invasions were all stopped by winter! There armies were almost all frozen to death.

This is part 1. In part 2 and 3 I intend to go over Russia's strategy and reasons for failed invasion attempts.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
ErenBalkir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2015 10:09:26 PM
At 9/1/2015 9:17:54 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:

Geography of Russia:

This is part 1. In part 2 and 3 I intend to go over Russia's strategy and reasons for failed invasion attempts.

I'm gonna be honest, I am not going to stick around for it.
Why do you even want to write about a hypothetical invasion of Russia and tactics for it? Are you really that bored? lol
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2015 10:21:00 PM
At 9/1/2015 10:09:26 PM, ErenBalkir wrote:
At 9/1/2015 9:17:54 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:

Geography of Russia:

I'm gonna be honest, I am not going to stick around for it.
Why do you even want to write about a hypothetical invasion of Russia and tactics for it? Are you really that bored? lol

Why yes. Yes I am.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
anonymouse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2015 10:21:23 PM

Geography of Russia:

Nope. Russia nukes everyone and they celebrate with vodka and crying
Mr_Anderson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2015 10:08:26 PM

Geography of Russia:

Couldn't you invade it from the east like the mongols did?.....
Mr_Anderson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2015 10:10:24 PM
I mean, why keep going from the west if the only guys who ever succeeded invaded from the east?...

But other than that, cool post. What prompted you to do it?
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2015 10:15:28 PM

I like the John Green reference. "We're the exception".
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
DeuceKaboose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 2:06:13 AM
But the Mongols "quite literally" fucked up Russia

But then again, the Mongols pretty much fucked up everyone