Jump to topic:

The Cloward-Piven Strategy

anonymouse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2015 10:27:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This strategy is happening before our very eyes. While its not entirely intentional, the world is going towards more and more welfare. Automation is rendering humans useless, Technology will increase productivity of work compared to humans making them useless. AI could soon take over the roles of the service industry. In a future without jobs, how will people survive? Basic Income is one option but what wi ll be the drive of humanity? Will be become hedonists that strive for pleasure?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2015 11:12:13 PM
At 9/1/2015 10:27:20 PM, anonymouse wrote:
This strategy is happening before our very eyes. While its not entirely intentional, the world is going towards more and more welfare. Automation is rendering humans useless, Technology will increase productivity of work compared to humans making them useless. AI could soon take over the roles of the service industry. In a future without jobs, how will people survive? Basic Income is one option but what wi ll be the drive of humanity? Will be become hedonists that strive for pleasure?

This is a topic I am very interested in. No time, and on phone. Want to mark fit later
anonymouse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2015 11:14:57 PM
At 9/1/2015 11:12:13 PM, TBR wrote:

This is a topic I am very interested in. No time, and on phone. Want to mark fit later

BTW. this is a bad thing. The cloven-piven strategy is coming into fruition and will destroy the world. The future will be marked by huge scores of poor and the rich holding on to their wealth.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2015 11:41:32 PM
At 9/1/2015 11:14:57 PM, anonymouse wrote:

BTW. this is a bad thing. The cloven-piven strategy is coming into fruition and will destroy the world. The future will be marked by huge scores of poor and the rich holding on to their wealth.

Technology displacing work is not a bad thing at all. I will elaborate when I can.
anonymouse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2015 11:46:12 PM
At 9/1/2015 11:41:32 PM, TBR wrote:
At 9/1/2015 11:14:57 PM, anonymouse wrote:

Technology displacing work is not a bad thing at all. I will elaborate when I can.

Until we have replicators and post-scarcity (which I doubt will happen) people will have to be forced to give up their wealth and the rich will not simply give up their wealth in a distribution scheme to help the unemployed. Forcing businesses to stop automation and AI usage will destroy companies as they will lose productivity and profit