"War in Iraq Over"

lol
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
LaissezFaire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 12:20:59 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/6/2010 12:20:29 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I'm somehow skeptical, but if it is actually over that's good.

It isn't.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 12:22:56 AM
At 9/6/2010 12:20:59 AM, LaissezFaire wrote:
At 9/6/2010 12:20:29 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I'm somehow skeptical, but if it is actually over that's good.

It isn't.

*sigh* Obama, Obama...
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 12:24:15 AM
Like most of his related policy attempts it's probably an attempt to simply redefine what the forces are called in the hope no one notices. :P
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 12:27:02 AM
At 9/6/2010 12:24:15 AM, Puck wrote:
Like most of his related policy attempts it's probably an attempt to simply redefine what the forces are called in the hope no one notices. :P

Lol xD
A true politician.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Zeitgeist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:02:56 AM
Iraq should be left like all pig slurry to find its own level.

There will have to be civil war (civil? In that place?) and only when the most dominant faction has achieved sufficient domination over the rest to keep the rest under control will things quieten down.

Saddam for all his faults knew how to govern the horrible place and its population.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:08:08 AM
When all the forces that do not belong to Iraq find their way out, then the war will be almost over. It will be fully over when politicians intervene with its problems without being able to solve half the problems of their own nations.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:10:03 AM
At 9/6/2010 1:08:08 AM, Mirza wrote:
When all the forces that do not belong to Iraq find their way out, then the war will be almost over. It will be fully over when politicians no longer intervene with its problems without being able to solve half the problems of their own nations.
A minor correction.
Zeitgeist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:21:48 AM
An old but very apposite proverb in the case of Iraq.

"You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear".

The only change that I world make would be change the orifice of the sow.
Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 11:17:34 AM
Declaring victory, as Donald Trump suggested, was a necessary step in ending our operations in the country. Victory was going to need to be asserted before we left no matter what, and real victory was never going to be achieved no matter what. None of this should surprise anyone.
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 11:21:34 AM
We're still nation building. And we're still doing "counterterrorism." Just ain't any counterinsurgency-- that is to say, we're pumping money into their government, but we won't actually do anything to make sure that government continues to be intact and more or less on our side.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 11:23:17 AM
At 9/6/2010 1:02:56 AM, Zeitgeist wrote:

Saddam for all his faults knew how to govern the horrible place and its population.

That is why he was murdered.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:13:28 PM
At 9/6/2010 11:23:17 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

He also gassed thousands of Kurds. It's good he's dead.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:42:52 PM
At 9/6/2010 1:13:28 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/6/2010 11:23:17 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

He also gassed thousands of Kurds. It's good he's dead.

Well not even the Americans are confident that he did, but in any case any valid ruler of that country has to be a murderous dictator to get anywhere. All removing Saddam has acheived is create the need for a new dictator and fresh purges. Removing him was the most destructive thing you could have done, which is why it was done.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:44:12 PM
At 9/6/2010 1:42:52 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Well not even the Americans are confident that he did, but in any case any valid ruler of that country has to be a murderous dictator to get anywhere. All removing Saddam has acheived is create the need for a new dictator and fresh purges. Removing him was the most destructive thing you could have done, which is why it was done.

The americans had no right to even get involved there in the first place. That was an illegal war that didn't accomplish anything.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:46:49 PM
At 9/6/2010 1:44:12 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

The americans had no right to even get involved there in the first place. That was an illegal war that didn't accomplish anything.

The Americans do what they want, even if it goes against the advice and orders of other countries or the UN. It wasn't a surprising turn of events but it was disappointing and humiliating.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:47:31 PM

Not true, it allowed for Iraqi oil to be privatised and for it's profits to go to shareholders as opposed to like... the actual people of Iraq.

It's paid Blair's pension.

It prevented Iraq from becoming a successful nation. That would have been a disaster for american policy which seeks to create dependencies.

So all in all it was very successful.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:48:06 PM
At 9/6/2010 1:46:49 PM, annhasle wrote:

The Americans do what they want, even if it goes against the advice and orders of other countries or the UN. It wasn't a surprising turn of events but it was disappointing and humiliating.

Well they shouldn't be allowed to do whatever they want. They're just a bunch of thugs, going and invading random countries. It's no wonder that most of the Middle East despises them.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:48:58 PM
At 9/6/2010 1:47:31 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Not true, it allowed for Iraqi oil to be privatised and for it's profits to go to shareholders as opposed to like... the actual people of Iraq.

It's paid Blair's pension.

It prevented Iraq from becoming a successful nation. That would have been a disaster for american policy which seeks to create dependencies.

So all in all it was very successful.

Lol.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:50:12 PM
At 9/6/2010 1:48:06 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Well they shouldn't be allowed to do whatever they want. They're just a bunch of thugs, going and invading random countries. It's no wonder that most of the Middle East despises them.

They hate the very idea of America. And that won't change. Western dominance has never been widely accepted in the Middle East.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:52:16 PM
At 9/6/2010 1:50:12 PM, annhasle wrote:

They hate the very idea of America. And that won't change. Western dominance has never been widely accepted in the Middle East.

Well certainly not when they're trying to go into their countries and "change their way of life". They have their way of life so leave them to it. Most of them just want to be left alone anyway. So what if they support things like dictatorship and stonings as a punishment for crime? If you don't like it then don't go to those countries.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:53:46 PM
At 9/6/2010 1:48:06 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

: They hate the very idea of America. And that won't change. Western dominance has never been widely accepted in the Middle East.

Except they don't want us to leave, because as much as they don't want us there, they know they need us there. That whole concept - 'you broke it you bought it' isn't being fully applied here.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 1:58:35 PM
At 9/6/2010 1:52:16 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Well certainly not when they're trying to go into their countries and "change their way of life". They have their way of life so leave them to it. Most of them just want to be left alone anyway. So what if they support things like dictatorship and stonings as a punishment for crime? If you don't like it then don't go to those countries.

I completely agree. However, America has this sense of justice that seems to taint their idea of wrong or right. They believe that they are spreading justice and democracy to places that crave new order, without realizing that they are the ones who are destroying the people. The culture. Basically, destroying the country with a demented sense of retribution. And until America realizes that they are not the World Police, these conflicts will continue.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 2:02:59 PM
At 9/6/2010 1:58:35 PM, annhasle wrote:

I completely agree. However, America has this sense of justice that seems to taint their idea of wrong or right. They believe that they are spreading justice and democracy to places that crave new order, without realizing that they are the ones who are destroying the people. The culture. Basically, destroying the country with a demented sense of retribution. And until America realizes that they are not the World Police, these conflicts will continue.

Yea, these things really make me angry. I absolutely despise American "foreign policy". Why attack other countries when they're not even attacking you? Iraq didn't do anything to harm the US nor did Afghanistan although the Taliban are insane. People seem to forget that it was the Americans that originally funded and supported them though in order to fight the Soviets back in the 1970's.