Jump to topic:

New Poll: Trump Leads Clinton

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2015 5:42:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
New Poll released today by Survey USA shows Trump leading Clinton 45% while Clinton has 40%. In the poll Trump even polled a large amount of the Democrat voting base including 41% Asian, Hispanics at 21%. 16% said that they were uncertain. What do you think this means and does this mean that the Democrats will likely dump Clinton and go with Sanders or will Biden, Gore, or Kerry throw their hats in the ring?
http://www.breitbart.com...
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2015 5:50:58 PM
At 9/6/2015 5:42:09 PM, lannan13 wrote:
New Poll released today by Survey USA shows Trump leading Clinton 45% while Clinton has 40%. In the poll Trump even polled a large amount of the Democrat voting base including 41% Asian, Hispanics at 21%. 16% said that they were uncertain. What do you think this means and does this mean that the Democrats will likely dump Clinton and go with Sanders or will Biden, Gore, or Kerry throw their hats in the ring?

Trump winning the GOP nomination will be the single greatest force needed to get Democrats to come out and vote to make sure he doesn't get elected. Trump represents every negative American stereotype the rest of the world has towards the US, and a lot of Republicans do not care for him and will stay home that day rather than vote for him just because they dont like hillary.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2015 5:55:46 PM
At 9/6/2015 5:50:58 PM, imabench wrote:

Trump winning the GOP nomination will be the single greatest force needed to get Democrats to come out and vote to make sure he doesn't get elected. Trump represents every negative American stereotype the rest of the world has towards the US, and a lot of Republicans do not care for him and will stay home that day rather than vote for him just because they dont like hillary.

For once I actually agree with you.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2015 5:57:27 PM

Vegas still has him behind Bush.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2015 6:11:00 PM

Yea, I agree with imabench. There is nothing better for the Democrat then Trump. Even Palin would have been a more serious challenge.
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2015 6:14:03 PM

Trump's got a good shot at winning this. He's playing the political game better than anyone has in a long time.

The democrats aren't going to dump Clinton unless the FBI dumps her first.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2015 6:16:40 PM

There are a lot of conservative Democrats who may come out for Trump. His platform is unique...campaign finance reform, taxes on the rich, universal health care...the Democrats may very well find that the more they feed Trump thinking that he's going to be a pushover after the primaries, the more they may find out that they're feeding a monster.
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2015 6:23:05 PM

It breaks my heart to know I'll be serving a country that even considers having him as President. *sigh*... At least crazy republicans support the troops.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2015 6:35:01 PM
At 9/6/2015 6:16:40 PM, wrichcirw wrote:

There are a lot of conservative Democrats who may come out for Trump. His platform is unique...campaign finance reform, taxes on the rich, universal health care...the Democrats may very well find that the more they feed Trump thinking that he's going to be a pushover after the primaries, the more they may find out that they're feeding a monster.

Yes, someone to bring all the extremists together to blow up the established government sitting at 18% approval.
Idealist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2015 7:13:57 PM

Tell me, what do you think Trump's chances actually are at winning the Republican primary, and even more at becoming POTUS? Do you think he's more than just a temporary fad?
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2015 7:21:24 PM
Praise Trump as our Lord and Savior.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2015 9:40:38 PM
At 9/6/2015 7:13:57 PM, Idealist wrote:

Tell me, what do you think Trump's chances actually are at winning the Republican primary, and even more at becoming POTUS? Do you think he's more than just a temporary fad?

IMHO I think his chances are fairly good at winning the GOP primary. I think what he's done is to pick exactly when he wanted to run...I mean, he's been thinking about running for decades, and I think he picked this time specifically because he saw how much of a mess the GOP is ideologically and structurally. Like a shark that smells blood, he saw a chance to devour this party, and he's eating it all up.

In 2012, he tested the waters and determined that he wasn't going to win unless he planned this out better, so throughout the past 4 years he's been establishing "mock" GOP credentials (IMHO he really does not care about any ideology, as long as it's something that will translate to him getting elected) to solidify a base and take over the party. He is engaging in a hostile takeover of the GOP and he is succeeding beyond the expectations of anyone, to include especially the GOP.

This is NOT a temporary fad. Think about the implications for the Trump brand to be associated with "losing" this candidacy...neither his brand nor his ego would be able to handle it. What this means is that he will do absolutely anything, to include wreck this country if need be, to get elected and win.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2015 9:43:28 PM
At 9/6/2015 9:40:38 PM, wrichcirw wrote:

This is NOT a temporary fad. Think about the implications for the Trump brand to be associated with "losing" this candidacy...neither his brand nor his ego would be able to handle it. What this means is that he will do absolutely anything, to include wreck this country if need be, to get elected and win.

What do you think about the Vegas odds on Jeb?
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2015 9:45:35 PM
At 9/6/2015 9:43:28 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

What do you think about the Vegas odds on Jeb?

IMHO Jeb is irrelevant. Every time he talks about his brother, he creates distance between himself and the White House. I can respect family loyalty, but Bush II destroyed that family's brand.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2015 9:51:50 PM
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2015 9:53:03 PM
Interesting result. Trump clearly has his flaws and if elected as president will clearly be a divisive figure. But he has something going for him that other candidates do not. He is a multi millionaire. He has been very successful in business throughout his career. Maybe he is the man to get the economy back on track and start to bring the national debt down. Currently borrowing is at an incredibly dangerous level and action is needed quickly to get it under control.
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2015 9:53:06 PM
At 9/6/2015 9:51:50 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Yeah, he's like a shinier, plumper, louder, and far more bombastic version of Littlefinger, agree. His grandfather ran brothels too, IIRC.
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2015 10:18:10 PM

For a TL;DR version, I think Trump resembles Putin more than he resembles any POTUS in US history. He's going to be quasi-autocratic. Just keep in mind though that as bad as that sounds for civil liberties and American values, Putin did indeed steer Russia to prosperity. If Trump succeeds at foreign policy, it's arguable that, regardless of what happens on social liberties, that he may very well be regarded as a great POTUS...assuming he actually wins, of course.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2015 10:45:02 PM
At 9/6/2015 10:18:10 PM, wrichcirw wrote:

For a TL;DR version, I think Trump resembles Putin more than he resembles any POTUS in US history. He's going to be quasi-autocratic. Just keep in mind though that as bad as that sounds for civil liberties and American values, Putin did indeed steer Russia to prosperity. If Trump succeeds at foreign policy, it's arguable that, regardless of what happens on social liberties, that he may very well be regarded as a great POTUS...assuming he actually wins, of course.

Notice how Putin doesn't share the Euro immigration crisis....
AdamEsk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 2:40:30 PM
At 9/6/2015 10:45:02 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 9/6/2015 10:18:10 PM, wrichcirw wrote:

Notice how Putin doesn't share the Euro immigration crisis....

I've also noticed Putin is 5'7" but gets stepped on less than Obama...
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 3:12:04 PM
Was this means is fewer people would vote for the other candidates than would for Trump.
I am not saying I think Trump will be president, what I mean is people are sick and tired of listening to politicians saying things we don't believe.
Mr. Trump has some opinions that many people will disagree with. He seems to be just saying what he thinks, instead of saying what he thinks people want to hear.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 3:26:50 PM
At 9/7/2015 3:12:04 PM, xus00HAY wrote:
Was this means is fewer people would vote for the other candidates than would for Trump.
I am not saying I think Trump will be president, what I mean is people are sick and tired of listening to politicians saying things we don't believe.
Mr. Trump has some opinions that many people will disagree with. He seems to be just saying what he thinks, instead of saying what he thinks people want to hear.

So you believe he will round-up and deport 11 million? You just like what he says, not that it is honest.
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 3:40:30 PM
At 9/7/2015 3:12:04 PM, xus00HAY wrote:

He's spent the past 4 years carefully listening to people to figure out what they want to hear such that now, whenever he says what's on his mind, he just happens to also be saying what these people want to hear. It doesn't mean he's going to actually do the things he says he's going to do, the wall deal posted by TBR being the most evident example.