Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

Amendments???

comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 7:21:23 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
What amendment do you regret not being passed?

I wanted to see the,

"Balancing budget amendment" pass, but did not.
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 9:36:24 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I wish they had passed the amendment that said that the federal government can only do things the Constitution specifically says it can do.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
JBlake
Posts: 4,634
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2010 3:13:13 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/7/2010 7:21:23 PM, comoncents wrote:
What amendment do you regret not being passed?

I wanted to see the,

"Balancing budget amendment" pass, but did not.

Deficit spending can be quite useful sometimes. Even if you disagree with that, it would be folly to prohibit the government from deficit spending in case an emergency arose.
JBlake
Posts: 4,634
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2010 3:13:49 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/7/2010 9:36:24 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
I wish they had passed the amendment that said that the federal government can only do things the Constitution specifically says it can do.

The Tenth Amendment? :)
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2010 3:16:23 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/9/2010 3:13:49 PM, JBlake wrote:
At 9/7/2010 9:36:24 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
I wish they had passed the amendment that said that the federal government can only do things the Constitution specifically says it can do.

The Tenth Amendment? :)

If only it had passed, nearly everything Congress currently does would be ruled unconstitutional. :)
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2010 3:17:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/9/2010 3:13:49 PM, JBlake wrote:
At 9/7/2010 9:36:24 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
I wish they had passed the amendment that said that the federal government can only do things the Constitution specifically says it can do.

The Tenth Amendment? :)

yip.

but people like to ignore that one...
or... come up with "Progressive" interpretations of other clauses

**cough*Interstate-commerce*cough**
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2010 3:19:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Or maybe an amendment that prohibited unreasonable searches and seizures. In our current system, police can take and keep anything they claim is used in a crime, even if the person they take it from is never convicted of a crime, or even arrested for one. That sort of thing ought to be unconstitutional.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2010 3:22:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Another amendment that should have been passed:
The one that removed the constitutional amendment allowing Congress to have drug laws. We managed to remove the amendment allowing alcohol prohibition, but not the one allowing drug prohibition.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
Sam_Lowry
Posts: 367
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2010 4:53:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/9/2010 3:22:50 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
Another amendment that should have been passed:
The one that removed the constitutional amendment allowing Congress to have drug laws. We managed to remove the amendment allowing alcohol prohibition, but not the one allowing drug prohibition.

I hope this was a joke.