Jump to topic:

Untainted Politicians Are Not Myth Today

Vishnu123
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2015 1:29:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I have to speak on this topic for a debate and i have no idea what to say because honestly untainted politicians are a myth today. Any points for the motion will really heko me out if anyone has the time and knowlege please help me by suggesting points.

Thanks,
Vishnu
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2015 1:33:18 PM
Will you be debating for or against?
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2015 3:05:57 PM
At 9/8/2015 1:29:57 PM, Vishnu123 wrote:
I have to speak on this topic for a debate and i have no idea what to say because honestly untainted politicians are a myth today. Any points for the motion will really heko me out if anyone has the time and knowlege please help me by suggesting points.

Thanks,
Vishnu

I would recommend looking up publically financed campaigns, or "NPA" candidates. I know in Florida and New Mexico, a politician can run on essentially on the public's dime if he takes contributions roughly equating to processing the cost of the forms, and a few have not only been elected, but routinely re-elected due to how well they have executed their jobs.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2015 3:15:22 PM

Thanks,
Vishnu

What do you mean by tainted?
I'd say the debate can revolve around this, and you say that X should not be relevant.
My work here is, finally, done.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2015 4:51:56 PM

Thanks,
Vishnu

Well, I suggest you meet some actual politicians. There are many who are untainted. They may be jerks, they may be stupid, but there are some that actually want to do the job of helping their consistency
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2015 6:01:00 PM
At 9/8/2015 3:17:03 PM, Vishnu123 wrote:
By tainted i mean uncorrupted

And this means.......
If you are suggesting that lobbyists corrupt politicians, that may be true, or it could be that lobbyists target those that already agree with them, which means there is no corruption.
Plus, you could look much more locally. Do you think town mayors, city council folks, and even state legislators are corrupt?
My work here is, finally, done.